flushing in soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flushing in soil is not overwatering per se.

Not allowing the soil to dry out by watering too often is overwatering.

I always water to runoff, sort of a mini flush, but do not water again till the soil has dried sufficiently.

DD

thebestofthecentury said:
wouldnt flushing in soil be overwatering? if not, how much is safe to not overwater?

WHen you flush, water is drained via all the holes, and left to dry completely before watering again like stated above.

Over-watering is lack of drainage, and too frequent of watering, before adequate levels of dryness.

Flushing should mainly be used for chemical fertilizers, and little to no flushing for organic grows, especially with those enhanced with EM (Effective Microorganisms).

You want to get rid of heavy metals, salts, hydrogen ions (pH), extra chemicals, and the unattractive like, with flushing, but not any beneficial bacteria, fungi, or other micro-organisms.

However, if you are growing organic, and still need to flush, go ahead and do so, as not all the organisms will be washed away, and they can replenish themselves especially by diet (you feeding them blackstrap molasses, among others organic foods) to help them proliferate.

BioD, I like your thoughts on this subject. I've always wondered about flushing and over-watering.

I agree that if you are growing organicly with living organisms you should only flush if absolutely neccessery. I've been reading alot on living organics lately and I'm getting ready to have a go at it. I'm very excited, like learning something all over again!

legalize_freedom said:
I agree that if you are growing organicly with living organisms you should only flush if absolutely neccessery. I've been reading alot on living organics lately and I'm getting ready to have a go at it. I'm very excited, like learning something all over again!

Now that's thinking Biodynamically :headbang:

One of my favourite products, and a primordial factor in my high yield, is VooDoo Juice. It's about 130$ CDN (Giv'r'take), for 500ml. It lasts a very long time as, once you learn how to take care of live cultures, one inoculation is more than enough. Keep them healthy and they'll multiply for .

However, I'm on the verge of finding a new micro-innoculator, something pushing some new boundaries, but so far VooDoo Juice is the best I have used. There is EM technology out there that uses around 80 or so different strains and species of M-organisms. Can't wait to see how much improvement comes with something like that. But I guess that'll mean I won't get to use H2O2 for soil application, and just stick to good ol' SoilOx.

Anyone have any suggestions or links, to some advanced cultures let me know I'd love to splurge.

Latest posts

Back