Seedling Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool man, it looks like you have a caged animal in there with your plants.:fly:

A healthy plant will recover quickly from the different forms of training. The sooner you can get the screen over it the better for you as you want to continue to allow the branches to spread under the screen so that the tertiary branches can come up and either be tucked under and spread out or allowed to rise up through the screen when the flowering begins.

A healthy plant will recover quickly from the different forms of training. The sooner you can get the screen over it the better for you as you want to continue to allow the branches to spread under the screen so that the tertiary branches can come up and either be tucked under and spread out or allowed to rise up through the screen when the flowering begins.

Thanks Hush! How far above the plant should I put the screen? I went and got some trellis netting yesterday, I planned on working on it tonight and tomorrow night. The trellis netting I got has 7" squares, are those squares too big? If so, what do I use? I'm not going to be able to flip her to 12/12 until after Christmas. She will have plenty of time to grow to and thru the screen.

I use what they call around here "hog fence". It is a thin wire fence that is welded together and has holes that are either 4"x4" or 2"x4" or 2"x3" and comes in 4' or 3' tall rolls I like it best as it really stays in place and isn't real heavy but heavy enough that it holds the plants down. I like to set my screens about 15"-20" above the soil so that I can get under the screen as the canopy grows and fills it in. I have to get under the screen to clean out dead fall and snip out sucker buds and dead end branches.

7" squares are a little big for my liking as you need to keep the branches tucked under the screen while they grow so that they will spread out horizontally and ffill the screen. I prefer the 2x3 or 2x4 holes as that is big enough to push the branches back under without damaging them and not so big that its hard to keep the branches under them. You don't want to allow any growth to come up through the screen until you start seeing flowering. Once the flowering begins, you then allow all of the new growth to grow up through as this will all be bud growth.

I find my screen material at Lowes or Home Depot, or any of the local hardware stores should carry it. I build some kind of frame to suspend my screen. Iff it needs to be free standing within a tent then 1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe is best as you can attach the screen to the pipe frame. I don't glue the frame together so that I can dismantle it after harvesting and remove it so I can clean my space after each run. :)

It is a little labour intensive but i made a square out of wood put eye hooks in it every 2 inches all the way around and then strung it with thin nylon rope. This allows me flexibility to move the string to assist the placing of branches, jmtc.

The plant looks awesome, great job on the training, I would put the screenas close as you possibly can. I have mine about 4-5 inches above soil, but my plants are much smaller than yours.

Hey Dman how in the world do you get under them to do maintenance with the screen that low?

By the way, that has to be the sexiest storm trooper I have ever seen :D

Hey Dman how in the world do you get under them to do maintenance with the screen that low?

By the way, that has to be the sexiest storm trooper I have ever seen :D

LOL I currently use a handheld mirror and reach through the screen. Having the screen that low would be okay if I could get access from the sides or front, but mine is in a box, but its only 2-3 times in early flower I needed to do any removing of suckers. I have to bottom feed them water with a funnel, having the screen low, ok, scrog in a box, not so much. LOL.

It is a little labour intensive but i made a square out of wood put eye hooks in it every 2 inches all the way around and then strung it with thin nylon rope. This allows me flexibility to move the string to assist the placing of branches, jmtc.

The plant looks awesome, great job on the training, I would put the screenas close as you possibly can. I have mine about 4-5 inches above soil, but my plants are much smaller than yours.

Thanks Dman!!!! My first grow is turning out way better than I ever thought possible. For my screen, I am going to make a frame out of 1/2 PVC. I am going to use the trellis net that I already have with the 7 inch squares. I am going to put down 2 layers of the netting though. I will put it on the frame so that the second layer will divide the 7" square into (4) 3 1/2" squares. I will post pictures this weekend when it's done. Everything is looking good!

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418401694.118441.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418401706.899999.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418401722.666548.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418401734.301960.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418401747.718540.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418401760.375091.jpg

Ok, I have gotten the screen up. Not exactly the way I want it but it will have to do for now.
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189328.309616.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189485.477620.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189521.147667.jpg

I have also moved things around and replaced my hood. The hood that I had did not give the coverage, even in this small room. I was getting very poor light to the left and right. This new hood is great tho. It covers my area much much better.
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189740.713860.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189871.229254.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189885.600564.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189898.236745.jpg

All ten of my clones have rooted, transplanted and doing great.
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189968.776242.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419189990.496872.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190006.482204.jpg

Here is one clone I took from more of a branch instead of a top. It's given me two tops!
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190093.845743.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190108.330870.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190117.679980.jpg

Unfortunately not is all good, I am getting some leaf tips turning yellow. What do I do about that?
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190228.411767.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190239.398973.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190260.049886.jpg

Also getting a few leaves that two toned. What could that be?
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190403.736027.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190418.125049.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190673.278078.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190694.465313.jpg

Well, wasn't sure what to do about the yellowing leaves. Local hydro store says the plant is hungry so I up the nutrients a bit last night. Hopefully I did the right thing. We will see the results tonight when I get home. Hopefully I didn't need to do the opposite and lower the nutrients. I guess time will tell. I've got my fingers crossed I did the right thing and I don't come home to a dead plant!

The 2 toned leaves with the lighter green to yellow around the margins of the leaf fronds is classic magnesium deficiency. Do you supplement with calmag or use lime in your soil?

What does line have to do with magnesium? Not challenging you hushpuppy, sincere question from the uneducated beautiful pictures I may add to the o.p.

I will be uping the cal/mag in the next feeding, which should be tomorrow night. There is lime in the soil I get. I sure hope this doesn't get any worse!

That is troubling, if you have some lime present and you are giving calmag as supplement. I have to wonder if you are getting some lockout. Do you check the pH of the soil?

Dank: dolomite lime has significant amounts of magnesium and calcium in them that organic grows are able to utilize. The lime also helps to buffer the pH. However, you have to be careful with how much is used as you can cause the soil pH to get too high or the added calcium can bind with other chems in the soil and lock them out.

Hush - That's exactly what I was told by the grow shop I get my stuff at. I told her that I was using Roots Organic soil and the Nectar line of nutes and she said that the Roots Organic soil is a "salt" based soil ant that I was going to need to do a flush because I was getting some lockout. I will be doing that this evening. Thanks Hush!!!

Latest posts

Back