New Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advise Rosebud, i went ahead with it and topped the plants. They have grown quit a bit over the last 10 days and now i think they are ready for a couple of clones to take off each of them.

I will be buying all the materials i need over the next couple of days and take the clones on Tuesday.

Here are some more pics.

View attachment IMG_1001[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_0992[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_0993[2].jpg

View attachment IMG_0997[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_0998[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_0994[1].jpg

I cant fit the carbon filter inline with any of the hoods so looks like i will have to hang it right in the center of the tent and then join it with one of the hoods. So that means i will have two bends in the ducting is that going to be ok?

I cant fit the carbon filter inline with any of the hoods so looks like i will have to hang it right in the center of the tent and then join it with one of the hoods. So that means i will have two bends in the ducting is that going to be ok?

For every 90 you decrease the cfms, if I remember correctly, but THG would be able to answer faster.

I don't know how much room you have outside your tent, but you could build and inline filter box pretty easy iff you are handy. You simply make a box that is big enough to mount the filter within it where there is about 8"minimum space all around the filter, except on one end where the filter flange will co through the skin of the box and directly connect to the exhaust fan. on the other end of the box from where the filter attaches, you would have a hole for the flex tubing to connect to the box ffrom the lights. You could also put 2 holes in the box for the flex hose to come in from each set of lights. Just connect them on either side of the box. As the air is pulled out of the box through the filter, that will in turn pull the air from the 2 hoses that go to each set of lights.

You would have to make the box out of thin plywood and 2"x2" framing. You would want to use screws to put it together and seal it so that it doesn't draw air from outside of the tent. but then make one side of the box so that it can be opened up after every grow and the filter vacuumed to remove dust buildup. Iff you want me to draw a picture of it ffor you to work by, just let me know :)

Wow that's a great idea Hushpuppy i will have a think about that and see what i can do as space is a bit limited outside of the tent!

Is it ok if you draw a little pic just so i can picture it better in my head!

Thanks Hushpuppy

Here is a simple drawing for you. Its not to scale or anything. It depends on how big your filter is as you want to have a minimum airspace of 8" on all sides except where it mounts to the plywood for the flange to mount the fan to it. You will need to seal the pieces with silicone or something so air doesn't get by. I would use about 6 sheet metal screws to go through the wood into the end of the filter to hold it to the plywood on the one end. And technically You could shorten the box and screw the other end to the plywood if you want. Then you wouldn't have to strap the filter in place to hold the weight.

View attachment SAM_0891.jpg

Wow hush puppy That's Awesome Thanks for sharing. If you put a box around the fan it will make it a lot quieter. On YouTube where everything is a lie they used a DB meter measured the sound then put a cardboard box around it and it went down. Got even more quiet with a silencer on the output as airflow can be noisey. Insulated duct makes less noise. As a tent grower stuff outside the tent is a huge plus. Thanks

You are correct Stank, if you make the box so that the fan is inside, it will quiet it down a good bit, and the duct muffler also helps. I use one on my system. It allows the air to expand and then the noise cancelling foam inside absorbs the vibrations. Glad to help :)

You are correct Stank, if you make the box so that the fan is inside, it will quiet it down a good bit, and the duct muffler also helps. I use one on my system. It allows the air to expand and then the noise cancelling foam inside absorbs the vibrations. Glad to help :)

Nice stealth box Hush

If i used a set up like that Hush would i have to take off the glass on the hoods to suck up the smell and general heat in the room?

Thanks Rose they really are a nice colour of green i could look at them for hours and can't wait to get them in the flowering room.

No you would just leave one end of the 2 lights open, then connect the other end to the light next to it, then from the other side of that one, flex hose out of tent to one side of box. The 2 lights farthest from the filter box would be left open on the end(as they all have 2 openings to the hoods for connecting duct hose.

They are all looking fine except one which was really droopy. I think i was overfeeding them, so i backed off on the flooding and now only flood 4 times when light are on instead of 5. It seems too be getting more perky now so hopefully problem solved.

All my clones died as i didn't give them enough attention :( I had some issues with other stuff so i had limited time. I will be buying some more seeds over the next couple of days to go back in the veg tent.

Latest posts

Back