tips on chop and trim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would make phenomenal butter or bubble or something... but give it some time at 62%

Also, what brand hygrometers do you have? If it's not Caliber IV it's not right IMO :aok:

60-65 Is the cure zone 55% RH and below is the danger zone. I wouldn't wanna start going lower then 60% . That's why the 62% packs work perfect .

I'm using Bovida @ 62 % this time and have been very pleased with the cure. I hung them about 5 days then into Tupperware with the Bovida. Never burped once and at three weeks now it's perfectly cured and ready to store/age.

Hygrometers are extremely unreliable. This is a copy and paste for those that are unaware.

Gather supplies.*To test your hygrometer using salt, you just need a few household supplies:A small food storage bag that zips. A tiny cup or bottle cap from a 20-ounce soda. Some table salt. Water.

Fill the cap with salt and add enough water to make a thick slurry.*Don't add so much water that the salt dissolves; you just want it to be wet. If you add too much, use paper towels to mop up the excess.

Put the cap and the hygrometer inside the baggie.*Zip it up and place it somewhere out of the way, so it won't be disturbed during the test.

Wait 18 hours.*During this time the hygrometer will measure the humidity inside the bag.

Read the hygrometer.*If it's accurate, it should show a humidity of exactly 75 percent.

Adjust the hygrometer if necessary.*If your hygrometer shows a humidity lower or higher than 75 percent, you'll need to calibrate it so that it's accurate when you use it to check the humidity of your humidor.[2]If you have an analog hygrometer, turn the knob to adjust it to 75 percent.If you have a digital hygrometer, use the buttons to adjust it to 75 percent.If you can't adjust your hygrometer, take note of how many percentage points higher or lower than 75 percent it is. Next time you use your hygrometer, add or subtract a few percentage points for an accurate reading.

they are caliber 3 and 4s Dr. I will test it with the salt Dman. I can't call it. Bovedas should be here tomorrow and they still have a few weeks to go. I'll still be smoking good.. It will just burn a little faster. Lol. What do you think about the brown bag method when the rh is low? Do you think this keeps them from drying too fast?

The brown bag method is used to "suck out" some more of the moisture. You use that method when you're too high in RH. :aok:

Boveda is about the only thing that can bring something back to the range, I do believe.

Good that you have Calibers

The calibers are saying they're in the cure zone but they feel so dry. I think you are right on with keeping the buds at 65. I think that gives the type of bud a consumer looks for. The packs are in and, the cure continues.

If they feel really dry you have to leave them closed, they will wick the moisture from the stem into the bud.

I always preferred my bought weed at 57%, don't like to pay for water.

Latest posts

Back