Planting by phases of the moon? Anyone do that?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The New Girl

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just got my seeds and i was wondering if there is any truth to plant them in connection with the moon phases. I think it said to plant right after the new moon starts. Is this for germination too? Is this true? The new moon is on Friday so it's not a big deal to wait. Thanks for your help.

Sounds like superstition to me. I've never bothered to do anything like that and my plants do ok.

Thanks Toker, it's only a few days so I'll give it a try i think.

The New Girl said:
Hi guys, i just got my seeds and i was wondering if there is any truth to plant them in connection with the moon phases. I think it said to plant right after the new moon starts. Is this for germination too? Is this true? The new moon is on Friday so it's not a big deal to wait. Thanks for your help.

I always use the Moon and astrology to garden. I am not so sure it is a big deal, but I have always planted this way. Good Luck!!!

this is a link to a great calendar. http://moonpower.at/08mkTabellen.htm:D

I just read through a couple of those links you put up mt and they all seem to be saying the same thing, it speeds up germination because of the moon and the gravitational pull and the sea levels in and out and blah blah blah. Well ok cool but i'm pretty sure this is only going to apply to us if we don't germinate our seeds first and we put them straight in the ground.

Also the other thing i find funny is that it is to speed up germination, so if the new moon isn't due for 4 days, then surely waiting for it is going to slow things down.

I'm not sure how the moon influences the strength of the plants too.

I may not have read those links, but I didn't think its supposed to speed up as much as give better chance to germinate. I think this is more important if you have acres of plants not a couple seeds.
There is alot involved with growing with the moon, but I couldn't keep the timing schedule that was necessary. It sounds fun for the outdoor grower.

I germinated my current plants on the Feb full moon eclipse. A magic night to plant some magic beans. Sweet. Well according to the moon calender, that was a good night for getting maximum females.

I have heard about this before and I'm not sure what to think about it. A friend of mine grows outdoors going by the phases of the moon and he swears by it. I guess..."to each his own". Whatever makes you happy, do it. I'm sure it works just fine. Good luck and take care.

Latest posts

Back