Beginner Grow setup HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZTEC

Medicinal Grower
Reaction score
I have just started another grow space. Just setup a 40" x 36" space white plastic and put a table for easier access to plants. Using CFL bulbs 23w daylight and soft white bulbs, on about week 3 and tryin to make CO2 generator from 2 liter and brewers yeast. Got a couple pics to post just want peoples take on my setup if there's anything I can tweak to make it better, got the heat to stay around 75 - 80 and humidity i was playin with but to hard to keep at a constant percent without gettin the walls all wet so gave up on that now it just stays around 30 all day.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

If i were you i wouldn't worry about the co2.... And the lower your temp and humidity the better.

Think I should focus more on the humidity? I'm using one of those Vicks mister's but i just don't add salt to the water so it boils slower, just had a hard time gettin it to be steady and not get my electronics full of water from steam. Any ideas on keepin my humidty 60 - 65%. I give these about two more weeks max before I switch to 12/12 light cycle.

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

I wouldn't worry about the humidity too much. MJ is a tough plant and will do just fine in lower humidity. I don't worry about it. I would move those lights as close as possible. You could also put some can reflectors on your lights and hang them horizontally. That would help focus the light down onto your plants. If you could get more lighting, that would help also. If not, just try to maximize your lumes onto the plants.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

I am using organic everything, blood meal, bone meal for flowering, and need an organic insecticide to take care of a few box elder bugs and japanese beetles that will be showin up soon around my area. I am really looking for an inexpensive HPS to take over flowering but $$ is an issue maybe somethin around 250 watts? I got fan on 24/7, on 18/6 schedule with lights, turned off heater today to see if the lights are hot enought to keep heat within area to heat area? because I see spikes around 81 degrees and my ideal temp is 72 - 78 right now. Humidity around 35. If anyone has a light for sale or knows where to get one with ballast and hood for reasonable price for my broke ***, would be appreciated! Thanks! I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON RESULTS!

get an hid in there soon and give them some intensity. the temps would be fine around there but will be higher when u add flowering light- as the lights you are using now wont be sufficent for good bud formation.

insidesun.com is a killer site for a 100 dollar 400w HPS.

it looks like bagseed so i prey for the best! make sure you have a good ph meter and keep the ph right inside the containers....

goodluck!

Thanks for the link I think i'll order that system for $100 just hope I can ventilate well enough to keep bulb cool. I bought 4" vinyl duct and saw $25 inline fan at the depot for it, which will move plenty of air. I also inherited some Super Thrive which has b1 vitamins and secret hormones??? Do I want to use this at all? I might use it when I transplant a few of these outdoors for root growth? Any word on a good organic insecticide? I have a kit for testing anything in the soil but it's kind of complicated and will take time to get use to using it til i can afford a ph meter. Being laid off *****!!!

Latest posts

Back