How to: Smoke Weed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

resevil83

Reaction score
I've seen some how to smoke weed articles but I have never come across this question, is holding in your rip bad for you? When my friends smoke they always hold the smoke in their lungs for a long time. They try and hold it in as long as possible. What brings me to ask this question is because a very experienced smoker from California told me that holding the smoke in is bad for you. He said you are cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain and that is what kills brain cells. He said you should just inhale it and exhale it right away. What do you guys think? I don't want to kill brain cells by holding my breath. I just want to smoke right!

That makes sense to me. That's why there is dizziness after holding it in. I never really thought about it. Smoking is bad for any creature with a respiratory system. Lungs are made for oxygen but there is so much pollution in the air anyways. I don't know any other way to smoke bud. I don't hold it in that long. I just breathe it in, taste it, and feel what I like then let it go.

Have you ever eaten several spicy chilli's or eaten a plate of beans?

If you have then you will know what its like to not be able to control your farts and you 'perfume' the air as you walk.

The 'experienced smoker from california's advice comes from the same place that 'perfume' is made.

It's def. bad for you. You absorb over %90 of the THC in the first 5 seconds anyway, so that's about how long I hold it.

Neo drives a geo said:
It's def. bad for you. You absorb over %90 of the THC in the first 5 seconds anyway, so that's about how long I hold it.

That seems very logical. Even when I smoke a cigarette the buzz is there as soon as I breathe it out.

I think H.I.E. has eaten too many beans or has a gas problem or something. :p

so the five second rule holds true for smoking too! Cool info, so I will hold for five seconds and no more. If you hold it for 20 seconds or longer (what my friends usually do) you're pretty much doing nothing for yourself. I just remember my science teacher was like, "does anyone want to get high right now? well if you choke yourself for a good minute or so you will get high" He said the reason being is because you are cutting oxygen flow to your brain, which is obviously bad. For a while a lot of kids were doing it, so much as to make themselves pass out. A lot of people got hurt by doing this, and I have no idea why people did it in the first place.

I thought that at first too, so I used to hold in all of my hits.
But the feeling of ingesting THC and the "whooshy" feeling of losing oxygen are kind of similar so probably a lot of people think that you just get higher holding it in.
my advice?
volcano vaporizer is worth every penny : )

resevil83 said:
so the five second rule holds true for smoking too! Cool info, so I will hold for five seconds and no more. If you hold it for 20 seconds or longer (what my friends usually do) you're pretty much doing nothing for yourself. I just remember my science teacher was like, "does anyone want to get high right now? well if you choke yourself for a good minute or so you will get high" He said the reason being is because you are cutting oxygen flow to your brain, which is obviously bad. For a while a lot of kids were doing it, so much as to make themselves pass out. A lot of people got hurt by doing this, and I have no idea why people did it in the first place.

What? Did that teacher get fired? What grade was it? Who tells there students how to get high?

yo resvil83, sorry took me long while to respond yours,

water bong would do you good!!, although its safer than joints and pipes..

you only inhales nice smokes.. no dirts!!

hey happy tea bud, you does scares me!! your avatar!! for Halloween!! dangbit!!

Latest posts

Back