Preparing for a BHO party

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan K, If you use the more refined butane 5x or more you do not get that awful smell or the contaminants that lesser butane has. To check take your butane and expel some on to a dark surface, If you see white residue that is an additive to the butane and do not use, the surface should be clear if it has no contaminants and good to use.

PC, I own a bunch of 5x and 7x...Vector, power...etc.

They all leave residue.:aok:

OGK I guess I should have ran a test myself, I need to find something dark to test it with. I was just going by what the manufacturer stated in his instructions when I purchased the bho extractor.

so 5x or 7x is like the purity rating and it's marked on the can when you go to buy it?

. . . I figure I must have a pretty good layer of residue on my brain by now anyways :joint:

The n-X refining is to remove paraffin, which clogs the orifices of expensive butane lighters, not remove evil spirits.

When we use lighter fuel, we use 4X Lucienne with great success and typically get strong positive feedback especially regarding our extraction flavors.

Within the mainstream brands typically used for extraction, the gas mixtures are different, typically including propane and isobutane. The propane is added as a propellant, as butane pressure drops off to zero in freezing temperatures. Isobutane is a contaminant, but one with similar properties to butane.

The difference in the water solubility between propane and butane, is enough to give different results and tastes.

We've used a number of brands with good success and within the mainstream brands, I think personal tastes come into play. When using a new brand, I pull the manufacturer's MSDS to determine contents, and spray on a mirror for the sniff, residue test.

Have a couple pounds of trim and popcorn dried waiting to go. Buddy is supposed to come set me up and do this. Now researching how to go about doing it because he keeps brushing it off. Anyone have a link to a detailed explaination of making bho? Finding good info, but would like as much as possible before jumping in and screwing something up...

ston-loc said:
Have a couple pounds of trim and popcorn dried waiting to go. Buddy is supposed to come set me up and do this. Now researching how to go about doing it because he keeps brushing it off. Anyone have a link to a detailed explaination of making bho? Finding good info, but would like as much as possible before jumping in and screwing something up...

Here are some you might read:

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/butane-safety/

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-extraction/

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/projects/

Thanks nvthis:)

A member and a good friend here hooked me up with it;)

I tried using korean brand bho extractor but the extract is the same with the oil posted on the pictures. I think it's because the one that I purchased is more cheaper than the other brands. Now, I don't trust this kind of extractor. I am hoping to have a party too on the future. :D

Latest posts

Back