Seedling Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the yellow tips I think she is looking pretty good! (as far as I can tell…lol) One of the two tops I got when I fimmed decided to split and make two tops in its self. So I am ending up with three tops from the fim job. :smoke1: I am getting a few of the stems are turning purple but I think that is from the room getting to cold. I will be addressing that issue tomorrow.

View attachment IMG_1050.jpg

View attachment IMG_1051.jpg

View attachment IMG_1053.jpg

View attachment IMG_1054.jpg

View attachment IMG_1055.jpg

View attachment IMG_1057.jpg

View attachment IMG_1056.jpg

The leaf tips can brown like that when it has been slightly overfed, but nothing to worry about, alot of people actually feed up until they get just a bit of tip burn, so they know that their plant is getting the maximum amount of nutes it can use.

Yes, you have a girl! I have had several plants that show sex before they have alternating nodes, but most do have alternating nodes before you see preflowers. I have a Hashberry going right now that didn't.

I am one of those that pushes my nutrients until I see some burned tips and then back off a bit. Not all strains will like the same concentration of nutrients.

You are getting quite a bit of stretch there--how far away is the light from your canopy?

You are getting quite a bit of stretch there--how far away is the light from your canopy?

The light is less than 12 inches away, how close should she be to a 600W MH?

My other question is how long before I can clone her? I want to pull 6 clones off of her then flower this one out. Then going forward I can pull clones off the 6 plants before they get flipped to 12/12.

Thanks!

I would give her another week or two and see if she begins to alternate nodes. Plus that will allow you to get more cutting sites that are big enough to work with.

Also, if you want 6 clones, I recommend taking about twice that many cuts. I don't know if you have cloned before, but not everyone gets 100%, even experienced cloners.

I would give her another week or two and see if she begins to alternate nodes. Plus that will allow you to get more cutting sites that are big enough to work with.

How "alternating" will the nodes be? Will the nodes be real close together or will they be very much separated? They look like they are starting to separate a little bit. When I say a little, I mean a little. I will get a picture when the lights turn on to show you.

Also, if you want 6 clones, I recommend taking about twice that many cuts. I don't know if you have cloned before, but not everyone gets 100%, even experienced cloners.

I never have done clones. I do plan on taking more than I need. The reason I am taking 6 is because that is what I am allowed to flower at one time. My plan is to take 8 clones from this plant then give her a week or so to heal up and go ahead and flower this one plant while the clones grow and get themselves ready for the 12/12 flip. About 2 weeks before the 6 clones get flipped to 12/12 I will get anther set of clones from the first six and start the process all over again. Sound like a winning plan? What does everyone think? Always open to better ideas!!!

Thanks

The older the plants get, the more separated the alternating will be. When she ffirst reaches maturity, you will only see very little separation, and it will be on the youngest parts of the plant. Once the alternation is obvious, then she is mature. Then it becomes a matter of how big and/or bushy you want to allow it to become before you take cuttings.

Your plan sounds good. That is what most of us do who clone :)

Just a little update. She has reached maturity! We have alternating nodes!

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415948505.419289.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415948515.262083.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415948525.775266.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415948566.321208.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415948577.219485.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415948588.050449.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415948596.718420.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415948604.691452.jpg

As far as I can tell she is looking pretty happy! I real excited about getting clones from her and seeing how she flowers out!

I did add a heater to my grow space. When the lights are off it is getting real clod. There has been a 20+ degree temperature swing. I pretty sure that is what caused her to get some of the purple stems. The heater is on a timer so it will only be on when the lights are off. I also added a carbon filter to the room. I have noticed the faint smell of MJ my driveway. This should eliminate that problem.

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415949295.227401.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415949305.796846.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415949314.071897.jpg

You certainly have alternating nodes and female preflowers, so she is ready for the next phase of the cycle when you are.

This may be an academic question but You do realize that you have to take the plastic off the outside off the filter and connect it to the end of the extraction hose that goes to the exhaust fan so that the air can be pulled through the ffilter for it to work?

This may be an academic question but You do realize that you have to take the plastic off the outside off the filter and connect it to the end of the extraction hose that goes to the exhaust fan so that the air can be pulled through the ffilter for it to work?

HaHa...... Yes Hush I do. I thought I had enough ducting to get the job done but the piece I have left was about 3 feet short. I will be getting more today so I can finish up tonight. [emoji6] Speaking of ducting, GO DUCKS!!!!!! Win the day!!!!!

I thought as much but I wanted to be certain. Sometimes overlooking the simple things that we assume are a given, end up being the key to a solution. :)

I think that you can get your light closer. I would try and take up any sags in the ducting. I like semirigid ducting because it does not get sags.

Also, as soon as your plant showed preflowers, she was sexually mature. Some plants get quite a ways into flowering before developing alternating nodes.

It is a good idea to add a heater if your space is getting too cold. However, make sure it does not get too hot. Those little heaters are high wattage appliances and can heat up a small space quite hot.

I did a little cloning today! (First time by the way) I took 10 clones today. Here are the before and after pictures.

Before:

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416814401.281458.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416814417.558889.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416814424.238490.jpg

After:

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416814455.837902.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416814464.979198.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416814478.735704.jpg

The clones:

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416814510.984852.jpg

The clones are in rapid root plugs, under the humidity dome and on the heat pad. They are under a 2' 4 light HOT5 fixture with only 2 of the bulbs on. I am trying CloneX gel. Hopefully all 10 clones grow roots for me!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416814485.598781.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back