Seedling Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rose! I will burp the lid everyday. Do I use the dome until I have roots showing thru the plugs? Also, the leaves are getting pretty droopy, is that normal? Thanks!

i could show you some oh so ugly pic's of clones that end up making it. Your picture looked way to wet to me. I would start by leaving the lid off for half a day and see how they look. Clones wilt, turn yellow, look dead, and then come back. That may just be me and I may suck at cloning. Cloning mojo to you Bswe!

Yeah that dome is keeping them a little too wet. I would lift it and air them good. Maybe leave it off for 4 hours then put it back on for 12 hrs then take it off again for 4hrs. Keep dong that until they get roots popping out. You will know when they get roots if you look at them very close every day. You will see them change their actions and begin pepping up again.

As for the clones, they have been getting aired out a bit. The lighting has also changed. Due to unchangeable circumstances I had to move the clone try into my veg room. They are under the 600W light with their mom. Because of the fact that that is WAY WAY too much light for them I have made this light shade for them. I just used a bunch of black bird netting. It has really I knocked down the light. I'm hoping this works out perfect!

View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417202675.019862.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417202689.889428.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417202716.993377.jpg

No don't flush. She is happy I promise. Next time you feed just give her a little less food is all.

I think stem elongation is a reaction to low light levels. Might need to invest in better lighting..

I agree with AM, she is on the edge of having too much nitrogen, but if you cut back some on it(about 20% decrease) going forward she will work it out.

I think stem elongation is a reaction to low light levels. Might need to invest in better lighting..

Kronic - I assume you are referring to the clones needing better lighting. I put the netting over them because they have not rooted yet. They are all less than a week old. Everything I have read here and what has been suggested, was that the 2' T5 fixture I had them under was to much light because I had to keep the light right on top of the humidity dome. Unfortunately I am unable to move that light any higher so where they are now, under the 600W MH with the light diffused, is my only other option right now.

I agree with AM, she is on the edge of having too much nitrogen, but if you cut back some on it(about 20% decrease) going forward she will work it out.

No don't flush. She is happy I promise. Next time you feed just give her a little less food is all.

Sounds great! Thank You! I will dial back the nutes 20% and go from there.

Well 2 of the 10 clones are showing root tips thru the root plugs. When do I plant them? On the others it looks like I am getting new growth on top but no roots are starting to show. Is that possible?

If they are showing new growth on top after being paused for at least a week, then the roots have developed enough ffor the plant to begin feeding itself, which means you can transplant them into more permanent homes. I would go ahead and move the ones that you see the roots but I would wait on the others until I see roots pop out.

Thanks Hush!!! That's what I was going to do to tonight! I'm hoping that when I get home I see roots on all of them!!! :)

I always wait until I have really great root growth out the cubes before transplanting into a larger container.

I made some changes yesterday. First I transplanted from a 3 gallon pot to a 7 gallon. I also did some LST training. I also got 3 of my 10 clones transplanted. I'm hoping that the other 7 clones give me lots of roots real soon. There are a few that have a root or two but I'm waiting till they have a few more roots before transplanting.

View attachment IMG_1130.jpg

View attachment IMG_1137.jpg

View attachment IMG_1136.jpg

View attachment IMG_1139.jpg

View attachment IMG_1145.jpg

View attachment IMG_1147.jpg

View attachment IMG_1148.jpg

View attachment IMG_1149.jpg

Latest posts

Back