Looking for some supervision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One method I don't recommend, is my favorite of just putting the pot in a plastic shopping bag, and leaving it at the top of the fridge nice and warm..only to be tossed out as trash later by she

the rain water i use has a ph of 7. Should i ph it down using rapid rooters?

how do you use rooters to lower your ph, avoid the rain and use quality store water

the rain water i use has a ph of 7. Should i ph it down using rapid rooters?

If you are not feeding a plant yet you don't need to get the PH perfect. 7 will do until you start feeding. Then you need to get the PH between 6.3-6.8. I always PH everything once i start feeding to 6.5. jmo

As mentioned ph is for nute uptake, if you are not feeding yet it really doesnt matter.

I'm not in Canada or the great USA, but a pinch of common sense indicates,
cut a plastic coke bottle in half and place on top of your 4 inch pot, or a used pantry pottle is just as good .....even free! ...save the planet, can start here?

ps. others more sanctioned than me(lol) wouldn't hesitate to wrap some saran or lunch wrap over the tops ...lol

^^^ Exactly:

I use 2 litter soda bottles. Have been doing it this way for a while now and have had 100 percent success rate.
man that must be a PITA to transplant from though eh?
you cut em out or what?

you cut em out or what?
Good Point man! ..yeah I cut my babes out ...back to trashing the world again,
but it was sweet trying to save it ...lol

you cut em out or what?

No it is quite easy for me. I take scissors and cut down the side of the plastic in 4 different spots. Then i just peel back the plastic and release my clone soil and all. It is quite easy and since I am a regular Soda drinker I have plenty of replacement containers. I don't see myself doing it any other way now...it is that easy and my success rate is perfect.

Hamster, do you leave the lid off?

I keep the lid on for about 3 days and then take it off for an hour or 2 while checking to see if they wilt. If they wilt I use a spray bottle of water to mist the top and then put it back on for a day and try again. Once they can go without wilting with no dome I water them every couple days while checking for roots daily. Hope that helps.

I keep the lid on for about 3 days and then take it off for an hour or 2 while checking to see if they wilt. If they wilt I use a spray bottle of water to mist the top and then put it back on for a day and try again. Once they can go without wilting with no dome I water them every couple days while checking for roots daily. Hope that helps.

Yes it helps very much. Thank you.

I like that idea a lot Hamster. I am not much of a soda drinker anymore, but I do get water in 1 liter bottles. I think they will be big enough. It is arid here, so I do need domes.

My cloner arrived today. I like it. I sterilized my tools and went to work. I took 7 THC bomb clones from 1 plant and 5 from the other THC bomb.

2 of the cut offs from the bottom were big enough to try and clone so I did. What the heck. I took the top off each plant.

See you in a week.

Here is a little more on what I did. I used Jungle juice organic rooting gel, rapid rooters, water. The rooting gel was more like thick liquid so i mixed a couple drops of it with the water I used. Shook it up real good and poured it in the tray. Dipped the clones in the gel and planted them in the rapid rooters.

Put the trays with clones into the tray with 1/4" of treated water. Misted the clones real good with regular water, misted the dome. Opened both vents 1/2 way. They are under floro's set high in the tent. Any suggestion's?

More or less water in the tray?

I like that idea a lot Hamster. I am not much of a soda drinker anymore, but I do get water in 1 liter bottles. I think they will be big enough. It is arid here, so I do need domes.

Yeah it does the job nicely.

The clones are all standing up except for 1 is laying to its side. Looking good so far. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back