I can't stop mainlining (Manifold first timer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah I see the balls now :doh: Yeah that is just some staining of the roots. That is normal with hydro and synthetic nutrients. Mine are quite healthy and the roots are mostly brown stained.

:farm:
weehoo, look at me, I'm a farmer!

i am checking mine every night i dont see any signs yet but im gonna stay vigilant, good grab

I dunno Gooch, I was waaaaaay late catching them! This ain't over.
It happens FAST! Check every night, every morning, fem seeds or not!
I have 6 in soil, 1 in hydro and they've all been exposed to this bugger.
I caught them waaaaay too late because I wasn't checking !!!!!
I had fem seeds and slacked off until one of them "looked funny"
by then, it's too late
My rule of thumb now is every time I'm in the flower room until I see buds.
:headbang:

well I only have 1 seeded plant in there the rest are clones, but i suppose even clones exposed to certain stresses can flip

You usually have about a week to 10 days from the first growth of the male pollen sac before it is mature enough to open and release pollen. So while you do need to be vigilant, you don't have to sweat it.

SoPappy; had any of those balls opened and had yellow bananas inside when you found it? if not then you shouldn't get any seeds.

just a note, if you do end up with seeds on the other plants make sure to wash the walls and lights and everything else in the room because that pollen gets in everything from what i understand, but hopefully you grabbed em early enough where no pollen was ejaculated onto your fragile virgins

That re-assuring, HP. I was just looking at her today and she looks tough. :-(
I see hairs but I got my magnifier sitting there.
I stripped down all the panda paper last time, Gooch, your idea is better.

update:
original reset was 5.7 250
it was at 6.3 last night after only a couple days, only one bucket so I did a change
5.7 250 again, had some left
the pH shot up to 6.3 in 16 hours,
I been told that means I need more nutes so I doubled it
5.7 500
next morning 6.2 470
Down about a quart so I took a quart of pH downed water and tossed it in to the bucket.
5.7 470
still not enough nutes?
I read rapid pH swings are not good

anybody else having trouble uploading pictures or is it me?

Yeah I can't get pics to load either. I think you are a little low on the nutrients unless those are Satori. For most hybrids, I run around 700-900ppm during the fullness of veg and then 1100-1400 during flower. The pH stays stable longer and drifts slower at those levels.

5.7 ph 370 ppm, eating and drinking, I'm having to Ph down every top up

ah, here we go... almost a month old here, seems sluggish to me,
you're right HP, nutes are low, she gets max next change

View attachment 45 weeks.JPG

Try to bump it up to about 700-800 for a week, then 900-1000 for a week and if you don't have any issues, bump it to 1100-1200. If you see the tips of the leaves begin to burn then back off of the last numbers by about 20% and stay at that. Then you will see them explode with growth :)

max is 3 weeks away? that's going to be difficult but okay
8, 10, 12, I'll go mark my calendar

I have 6 other plants in dirt, potting soil, same age, same strain, not neglected but not pampered either, their buds look as good and as big... hydro doesn't seem worth the fuss to me right now.
But stuff is growing, I like waking up to that :)
thanks for keeping an eye out, HP

Try to bump it up to about 700-800 for a week, then 900-1000 for a week and if you don't have any issues, bump it to 1100-1200. If you see the tips of the leaves begin to burn then back off of the last numbers by about 20% and stay at that. Then you will see them explode with growth :)

I wonder if I could accelerate this?
It's just the one plant, not much nute $. If things happen fast in hydro, I'll do 800 today, check tips tomorrow, if okay, reset to 1000, check tips next day, if ok, reset to 1200
or is it not THAT fast?

well you want to give it a chance to adjust so at least wait a few days, typically you would only replace the water once a week so start now with the 8 next week bump it up next bump it up and your sailing, if you try and d it too fast then you run the risk of not being able to see when it has actually had enough

some of the benefits to hydro is some of the set it and forget and watch it grow, but that is with ebb and flow, dwc is more hands on like dirt,
additional bennies of hydro
control of the nutes/temp/ph at the root system

I have 6 other plants in dirt, potting soil, same age, same strain, not neglected but not pampered either, their buds look as good and as big... hydro doesn't seem worth the fuss to me right now.
HP
so basically your dirt plants with im assuming good soil, are doing as good as the hydro that is neglected/underfed? so extrapolate that to proper feeding should see better results in hydro ;-) :48:

well you want to give it a chance to adjust so at least wait a few days, typically you would only replace the water once a week so start now with the 8 next week bump it up next bump it up and your sailing, if you try and d it too fast then you run the risk of not being able to see when it has actually had enough

I'm assuming results are FASTER than that, maybe I'm wrong.
If I overfed and the tips were going to show it, would I see it within 24 hours using DWC?

i dont know if you will see it instantly because its processing the nutes from days before as those nutes enter the pipeline and transition up the network int the plant, so it takes a couple days for that to happen 2 maybe 3, and the rebound is around the same 2 or 3 at the least

so basically your dirt plants with im assuming good soil, are doing as good as the hydro that is neglected/underfed? so extrapolate that to proper feeding should see better results in hydro ;-) :48:

hahahahaha, point taken. Yup, I'm starving her, that's why I want to get that ppm number up to 1200 NOW but you guys won't let me.

lol well you cannot take a starving person and sit them infront of a 4 course meal and expect them not to puke for days

Latest posts

Back