THC Bomb grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you been having this problem since you repotted them?

How much cal/mag are you using?

No I don't think so. These plants always looked like this. That Is why I am suspecting low humidity has a part in this.

My last post I explain how much cal/mag I have been using Grower13.

I need to leave for the big city so I will get back later on.

if your feeding cal/mag every other watering at the recommended dose of 5ml per gallon I believe, then you shouldn't be having mag deficiency........ rule that out. How much of the GH are you feeding and how often? what is the ph of the water at feeding. I still think I might know what it is. and no I don't believe a 30% humidity is causing it.

if your feeding cal/mag every other watering at the recommended dose of 5ml per gallon I believe, then you shouldn't be having mag deficiency........ rule that out. How much of the GH are you feeding and how often? what is the ph of the water at feeding. I still think I might know what it is. and no I don't believe a 30% humidity is causing it.

I fed the cal/mag a full dose the 1st time which GH calls a heavy feeding @ 2 teaspoons per gallon. Next watering none. Next feeding 1 teaspoon per gallon which GH calls a light feeding. Next feeding was none. The next feeding will be a heavy feeding.

The PH is 7 going in and 6.5 coming out.

I just bought a 96 hour humidifier tonight. lol I'm going to fire it up anyway brother.

have you tried lowering the ph of your water? needs to 6.5 to 6.3 going in or maybe even lower depending on your medium......

what is your medium made out of?

what kind and how much of the GH nutes are you using?

also go lift up one of those pots and see if its wet on the bottom and maybe even drip some water from it.

have you tried lowering the ph of your water? needs to 6.5 to 6.3 going in or maybe even lower depending on your medium......

what is your medium made out of?

what kind and how much of the GH nutes are you using?

also go lift up one of those pots and see if its wet on the bottom and maybe even drip some water from it.

No I have not tried to lower the PH. I thought 6.5 was perfect at the other end?

My medium is straight Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Didn't add anything.

I am not using any nutes to date. Except for cal/mag.

I took the plants out of the tent to take some pics and rearrange the pots so I could raise the little one up and the pots were damp on the bottom, Not dripping.

The plants look a little better. Pics to come shortly.

ok fox farm is for organic growing so you should be ok on the ph then........ I think somehow some way your soil is staying to wet to long...... keep and eye on the bottom of those pots and see how long they stay moist....... I think once you correct this your plants will be happy........ maybe as easy as adding more perlite to your medium next time to get better drainage........ I think I read your watering every 4 or 5 days...... to me that means your holding a lot of water....... I have to water every day or every other day.

I hate my camera. Flash too bright, No flash pic is BLACK.

ok fox farm is for organic growing so you should be ok on the ph then........ I think somehow some way your soil is staying to wet to long...... keep and eye on the bottom of those pots and see how long they stay moist....... I think once you correct this your plants will be happy........ maybe as easy as adding more perlite to your medium next time to get better drainage........ I think I read your watering every 4 or 5 days...... to me that means your holding a lot of water....... I have to water every day or every other day.

I think you hit the nail on the head Grower13. I feel bad not feeding water on the 4th day but the meter say's no. Thats a high moist in the green after 4 days. It takes 5 to 5.5 days to totally dry out.

I could get some perlite and another bag of FFOF and start over with the soil. What? maybe 25% perlite? I won't need to add nutes for awhile. Spend here and save there.

These plants could be real producers with a little help from my friends. :D

I'm not sure if you should remove soil away from the roots to repot them at this point...... might be better to try just watering half the plant or water just the outer edge of the plant allowing the medium to draw some water into the center of the root ball........... I'd go 40% perlite but I like a lot of perlite....... except in my coco chips.

So no perlite at this point? I'll need to be a little gentler when watering. Thanks for the help Grower. I just took a hit of some really good THC Bomb. Here have some. :48:

So no perlite at this point? I'll need to be a little gentler when watering. Thanks for the help Grower. I just took a hit of some really good THC Bomb. Here have some. :48:

I think you need 40-50% perlite ASAP, the drainage issue won't get better..it will only get worse with more root growth. I would switch to a wet/dry watering schedule, allowing 10% run-off when watering.

I think you have a water/soil PH issue, locking out nutes. Are you pumping air into your water reservoir, prior to feeding/water schedule ?...or straight from the tap ?

Yeah I believe G13 called it. The soil is too dense and it isn't allowing enough aeration. Here is an idea you can try to see if it will help draw out the excess water. Get some planter saucers, the deep ones that are about 2-3" deep. They are fairly cheap at the garden/home improvement stores. Then get some clay pebbles(hydroton, leca, hydrocorn) and fill the saucers with this and set the smart pots on the top of that so that they will wick (with gravity's help) the excess moisture out.

I don't know that I would trust that moisture meter implicitly. I would stick my finger down into the soil as far as possible and feel for moisture, and do it as close to the plant as the roots will let me. The reason I say that is because the top of the soil looks way too dry and if the bottom is wet at that point then that is not good. I would suggest that you aerate any water for a good 12hrs or more before watering as that will get more oxygen to the roots.

I would repot and add perlite to get your drainage to where it needs to be. Its not gonna get better just because you water less. What ever water is added needs to drain to pull Oxygen into the root system. Roots should never remain wet that long without Oxygen.

I've been out rounding up some supplies. I bought (4) 7 gallon pots, more FFOF and 2 bags of perlite.

I'm going to take the plants out of the 3 gallon smart pots and into the 7 gallon regular pots with as much perlite as I can up to 50% perlite. I will do this tomorrow.

I'll put the plants into my 4x4 tent under 1000 watt MH light for a week or 2 or until they recover.

Thanks for the helping me sort this out everyone.

I finished the chore 4 beers and a bowl ago. I mixed 2 buckets FFOF and one bucket of perlite. I did this twice then added another bucket of perlite. Mixed well in a big box.

Repotted into the 7 gallon pots. I did not remove any dirt but the very loose dirt. I watered each pot as soon as it went into the 4X4 tent.

I unboxed the 1000 watt light and found I had to put this thing together. 34 nuts and bolts. lol

I was as gentle as I could be. I figured 7 gallon pots to get more perlite in there. There is at least 5" under the root ball and 3" at least all around. The store had only 5 and 10 gallon smart pots so I got regular plastic pots in the 7 gallon size. Worked perfect.

Here are some pics.

Pics won't download.

again. I went from 1500 pixels to 1200 pixels and it worked. Always worked at 1500 before.???? I'll be back with more pics.

Latest posts

Back