Introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godfather

Reaction score
Hello everybody newbie grower here. I've been getting it for my GF who has Crohns and it really helps. One day I stopped and thought to myself 'This is stupid. I'm taking risks I don't need to take for something I can do myself' so I've been studying, studying, studying, reading, reading reading, and finally started my first three babies. The first one 'stretch' I managed to successfully kill this week because I decided to repot him up below the bottom leaves. During the process I managed to knock him over and he didn't take it too well. 'Doc' and 'happy' are seedlings now and I'm a week or two from repotting. ATM I've just got them in a closet with a fan blowing until I can get the materials together to fabricate a good grow tent. Personal background is structural designer / engineer so I'm a very precise type of individual but I'm smart enough to defer to someones expertise when I'm learning a new discipline like this one. An aisde is I've done some CAD drawings for fun of a potential grow system that i can have built locally out of sheet steel scrap but that's down the road a bit. I found this place when I was looking for recipes for home made nutes as opposed to store bought. I like to cook and bake so a recipe shouldn't be hard eh? I was right and found a great thread by a former regular that is saved and printed. I'll start that process next week. I guess if I have any question at the moment that I haven't read a satisfactory answer on is I've come into possession of an LED light with a full spectrum that puts out 1400 lumens using 150 Watts. I'm concerned that the intensity of the light might be a little rough on juvenile plants. At the top of the plant I'm getting 31.5k lux and on the bottom I'm getting 21.5 lux. Currently I'm playing with bagseed until I get my system dialed in then I want to keep a continual harvest out of a SCROG system of four or five plants at a time. I've been blessed to find a mentor with successful grows under her belt who has been advising me thus far but I'm sure that's not always the case. She got me to where my babies are today. Lastly I'd like to reiterate what I've seen on this and many other sites. There is a large temptation to tell your 'buds' you are growing and hook them up. Don't. You ARE setting yourself up for robbery at best and at least a few days in very substantial housing with some very substantial room mates. I learned this the hard way many years back when I, shall we say, was involved in some nefarious and questionable endeavors. Fortunately I was only robbed but it set me back 1k which I thought was a much better deal than my kneecaps at the time. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning all I possibly can so I can reach my goals and keep my girl healthy.

Welcome godfather, to Marijuana Passion.

Get your composter going so that can be the basis of making your own soil and thus nutes. Worm bins are a very nice way to go too.

You engineer types are more than great a marijuana growing. Others will be around to help. I prefer vegging my plants under HOT5's.. They just do a great job with seedlings and vegging then switch to your led for flower.

Welcome godfather, to Marijuana Passion.

Get your composter going so that can be the basis of making your own soil and thus nutes. Worm bins are a very nice way to go too.

You engineer types are more than great a marijuana growing. Others will be around to help. I prefer vegging my plants under HOT5's.. They just do a great job with seedlings and vegging then switch to your led for flower.

I will. Or I'll get my mom involved. That old lady can grow a rosebush from a rock. I sent her the info and she's going to make some for her garden (she has a dang jungle in central TX that makes me wonder what she could do with a few seeds LOL). So maybe we'll make it a group effort and I'll just go get mine from her when it's all ready :)

But 'Aye Aye' on the composter :)

welcome aboard godfather---N P K ratios are the super food for plants---ratios for each vary in ascending order over the life of the plant---with a proper Ph, the proper light spectrum in relation to the age of the plant, a regular supply of fresh air around 70---you be rocking it in no time---:48:

welcome aboard godfather---N P K ratios are the super food for plants---ratios for each vary in ascending order over the life of the plant---with a proper Ph, the proper light spectrum in relation to the age of the plant, a regular supply of fresh air around 70---you be rocking it in no time---:48:

Thank you Orange. Still learning the terminology but I'll get it down. I mean it can't be much harder that when I spout something along the lines of 'Well the code changed in 2013 which added a variable for the p delta that now requires that the baseplate of an individual structure increase in thickness to reduce or eliminate the stresses caused by vortex shedding'

What up Godfather ? --Welcome to MP !--- There's a lot of choices with lights and grow systems --Don't let it overwhelm U !-- There's lots of ways to grow (Dank) fine weed !-- I use only LEDs and grow in these Aeroponic boxes I make !-- Cost me less than $50 each !-- I use the Mars 300 Reflector Series LEDs !--
For a continuous harvest U will need some kind of rotation !-- When U send a plant to bloom it will finish ( ripen) and U will have to harvest it and move on to new plants !--- I'm a cloner--(I root cuttings ) !-- I have a White Widow that is just turning 3 years old this month !-- U need at least 2 grow areas !---One to veg and one to bloom !--- I can bloom a clone and when it finishes I can bloom another one !-- So my plants live on from cuttings !-- If U had room for 4 plants in bloom and it finished in 60 days -- U move one plant to bloom every 2 weeks and U will end up with a plant ready to harvest every 2 weeks !-- Good Luck !--

What up Godfather ? --Welcome to MP !--- There's a lot of choices with lights and grow systems --Don't let it overwhelm U !-- There's lots of ways to grow (Dank) fine weed !-- I use only LEDs and grow in these Aeroponic boxes I make !-- Cost me less than $50 each !-- I use the Mars 300 Reflector Series LEDs !--
For a continuous harvest U will need some kind of rotation !-- When U send a plant to bloom it will finish ( ripen) and U will have to harvest it and move on to new plants !--- I'm a cloner--(I root cuttings ) !-- I have a White Widow that is just turning 3 years old this month !-- U need at least 2 grow areas !---One to veg and one to bloom !--- I can bloom a clone and when it finishes I can bloom another one !-- So my plants live on from cuttings !-- If U had room for 4 plants in bloom and it finished in 60 days -- U move one plant to bloom every 2 weeks and U will end up with a plant ready to harvest every 2 weeks !-- Good Luck !--

Thank you Keef and that's the plan although, as I have the room, I'm planning on doing four plants and cloning just like you said. I'm working some bag seed right now just to get my feet wet and dial in my 'system' before I move on to some seeds that a good friend gave me (White Widow). I'll do the flower downstairs and the veg upstairs to keep them nice and separated. I'm looking forward to sharing my successes and failures with you fine folk :)

learn all you can ,,get a your system up and running ,,,,just don't expect much from bag seed ,,,,after your first grow get your seeds from a seed bank ,,single seed is a good one ,,try to learn all you can about cloning ,,after that you wont need seeds ,,,ssbw

learn all you can ,,get a your system up and running ,,,,just don't expect much from bag seed ,,,,after your first grow get your seeds from a seed bank ,,single seed is a good one ,,try to learn all you can about cloning ,,after that you wont need seeds ,,,ssbw

I'm using the bagseed to get everything dialed in. Once it is I've got some white widow feminized seeds to grow next :) Went down to the river bottom today to get some good nute rich soil for the next round of seeds :)

not sure about using river water,,,could have runoff from somewhere ???????not sure what your budget is but foxfarm makes good nutes ,,plants have different needs at different times of there grow ,,if you on a low budget as we all have been ,,,try very warm tap water check the ph if you can add a little sugar ,,very little sugar ,water needs to be warm to dissolve the sugar ,let cool before using on plants ,,,good luck on your journey,,,,sswb(gal of water-1/4 teaspoon sugar)

Last edited:
Biggest advice I ever got. Don't rush it. Slow down. Also mistakes happen. Thats ok. As long as you continue and don't give up. Learn from your mistakes. Keep a journal. This makes you learn the best length of time for each stage. Lets you see mistakes forming. Makes grows easier to understand. Being able to review the life from seed to pipe.

If we give you a hard time you aint gonna have us knocked off are yas. :bolt:
Sending green mojo your way.

I'm using the bagseed to get everything dialed in. Once it is I've got some white widow feminized seeds to grow next :) Went down to the river bottom today to get some good nute rich soil for the next round of seeds :)

careful with that river soil GF it's gonna kill your grow---you better off with a good bagged soil---a good bagged soil will carry you thru and entire grow---bust out the nutes when your set up dialed in or you be pouring $$$ down the drain

careful with that river soil GF it's gonna kill your grow---you better off with a good bagged soil---a good bagged soil will carry you thru and entire grow---bust out the nutes when your set up dialed in or you be pouring $$$ down the drain

really? I thought it might be pretty fertile because everything grows like crazy in it.

Is it clean water? Heavy metals in it? I wouldn't use ours but i am beside a nuclear reactor. lol The fish **** would be nice but I like a ridiculously clean grow.

Latest posts

Back