Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: bombbudpuffa's Peyote Purple x Deep Chunk
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Seeds > Marijuana Seedbanks
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2016, 02:47 AM   #1
Delta999

Delta999
Default New seeds arrived..Opened by Customs!! Help

I've imported seeds from the same supplier [Sensible Seeds] on 5 separate occasions with no incident.

My new batch arrived today, quite a large supply maybe 60 or so seeds - and this time it had a big printed tape declaring " Inspected by Customs".

Surprisingly the seeds were still there - I had chosen the "stealth option" when I bought these and as arranged they had been removed from the breeder packs and well hidden in a secret pocket within one of the canvas bags I bought for stealth.

Now, my question is - what is the likelihood that customs searched the contents , found the seeds and sent them through anyway after contacting the Police..

Has anybody had this happen to them?
Should I expect a knock on the door?

They weren't sent to my actual house -neither did I use my real name.

If the seeds had been discovered - would it be more likely they would have confiscated them there and then??

Im feeling paranoid now. I've been busted for growing once before and I don't think I have the stomach to go through that again...

What do you think- should I close up my operation for a few months to wait and see if they come with a warrant? Or brave it and push on ahead?

“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.”
― Shauna Niequist
Delta999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:24 AM   #2
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

If they found the seeds they would have kept them.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:24 PM   #4
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

I think that the chances that they contacted your local police to tell them about not finding anything in an envelope you got from overseas is very very slim...like non-existent slim.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #5
longtimegrower
Retired grower.

longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower longtimegrower

I had a order seized by customs once. I lived in the country and i had a helicopter over my house late one night either looking for a heat signature or it had nothing to do with the seized seeds. Made me paranoid.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
Joe420Camel
friendly stranger

Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbra View Post
If they found the seeds they would have kept them.
agreed

"stealth" saved your seeds (and $)

a "60 seed grow" isn't worth all the trouble they wold have to go through to setup a bust

EVERYTHING you SAY (or DO) CAN and WILL BE held AGAINST YOU in the LAW of KARMA
"I wish we could all just grow two plants on our windowsill and share them with each other." Rick Steves
"While marijuana may not be addictive, most of us have found that this growing thing is."
The Hemp Goddess 9/28/14
(does it blow or suck?) "The action blows, the result sucks." pcduck 12/13/17
Joe420Camel is offline   Reply With Quote