What is your favorite breakfast drink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am nearing nirvana on this breakfast drink thing. The VitaMix pulled through after all. I simply couldn't stomach those vegetable "smoothies". Too frosty, too much air, the color is enough to make you gag, and if that doesn't the taste surely will.

I think I finally found a nice mix of carbs, protein, green veggies and convenience that is finally working for me. Absolutely no processed sugars of any kind and it tastes great (still working on the color LOL).

I can make freezer bags of these items:

1/2 banana
3 - 4 strawberries
small handful of kale, broccoli, spinach, whatever green I have.

I use bananas for the K and because the taste is pretty strong.
Strawberries are nice and juicy but I'll swap blueberries (big antioxidant) or whatever other fruit I have handy.

This goes into the freezer and I can pull them any time and not have to worry if I have fresh fruit in the house.

So, I pull a bag from the freezer and I add:

About 1-1/2 cups of unsweetened Almond Milk Silk brand. Sometime vanilla flavored. Water will also do just fine. It's just so it's not so thick in the end.

1 scoop of whey protein, again sometimes vanilla flavored. No sugars or sweeteners. Watch protein powder if you buy it. Most of it has some kind of sweetener. Often artificial. Nice healthy additive. LOL

I also toss in my 1 a day men's 55+ multi vitamin. My brands and type varies. It's nice for trace elements.

Then, I'll toss in a handful (about 8 or 9) fresh almonds, maybe some raisins.

That sound like I got everything. LOL

The taste is incredible. No air bubbles. After you run it at full speed for a while, you put it on level 1 and it bleeds out all the air. Plus, it's not milkshake thick. It's more like the thickness of the store-bought breakfast drinks.

Goes down yummy to my tummy.

It definitely bloats you out a little when you drink it. It's probably 24 ounces or so. Sometimes, I'll drink half before I go to the gym and then drink the other half when I come back.

In any event, I am thrilled to finally find a breakfast drink that's not full of a bunch of stuff with names I can't even pronounce. LOL

Now, I am thinking af adding a few grams of decarbed pot to a batch and see how it goes. My tolerance wouldn't blink and a few grams of pot but, you never know. Maybe this mix will put it in my bloodstream just right. LOL

We went out to breakfast this morning, I had corned beef hash and eggs, but I also had a Bloody Mary. Most mornings I have coffee blessed with a slice of cannabutter...well, I had that this morning before we left too.

I'm drinking chocolate drink. Anyone knows MILO maybe most of you are drinking coffee but it sucks that whenever I drink coffee my stomach starts to acts very weird. THat's why as alternate to that, I drink chocolate drinks.

Hackerman, that almond milk isn't that great for you. Nice on the other stuff though.
In the winter i do this blend,
2 tbl Flax seed, has protien ground fresh in the vitamix
2 tbl collegen powder, has protein.

1 cup mixed berries
1/2 cup orange juice
Sometimes yogurt. oh and i have been buying a pineapple and freezing it in big pieces, sometimes i add that instead of the berries.
Very yummy.

I quit using the almond milk and just use spring water now. I do add a handful of raw almonds to the mix.

However, what's wrong with almond milk?

It has like 3 almonds in a carton and lots of carregenan and sugar and other stuff. You are doing the best thing by adding the almonds to your smoothie.

Cool, thanks. It's a lot easier to keep fresh water than it is milk so I switched a long time ago.

With all the talk of "total extraction" and "whole plant" this and that, I am wondering if I should toss a handful of canna leaves in every morning. LOL

I forgot i use coconut water, for a couple of weeks, has as much P as a banana.

Guess I'm the only person that drinks orange juice anymore.

Unless the orange juice is fresh-squeezed, you might as well be drinking orange soda pop.

Read up on how they make FCOJ and you'll be drinking something else real fast. LOL

I use the oj for sugar. Most times i use a whole orange. My cousin worked for florida citrus. lol

Should we put a fan leaf in our smoothies Hackerman?

I used to be a big OJ drinker until I learned how they make it. As with bread, honey and just about all foods. LOL It's really sad.

Basically, anything that's not fresh has been "decarboxylated". Most processed foods are boiled and heated until all the terps (vitamins and minerals) have been purged and clarified. Then, the vitamins and minerals are put back into the blend in specific amounts (so it always tastes the same to the consumer).

Most of the food we eat is much like dog food. It's purged of everything, purified and then the goodness is returned in specific amounts.

In many cases, the nutrients that are lost are replaced by the same nutrient from a completely different source. Ever wonder where they get the vitamins that are put into your milk? Don't ask. I'll tell you this much, your body only absorbs about 10% of what's put in there vs raw milk vitamins.

Small wonder we're all fat and unhealthy in this country. DiGornio's Pizza. LOL McDonalds in the schools.

As for fan leaves... there is more and more talk every day about the benefits of "whole plant" cannabis and how the acids have a ton of effects all their own (albeit, different that the post acid form). But, the analgesic properties of raw, undecarb'd cannabis alone are enough to say yes to your question.

However...... how much?

I think I remember reading that the amount needed for a noticeable effect is more than we would ever do. Like a whole plant a day or something ridiculous like that.

I suppose any amount would help. Especially long term. I'll try it next shake and let you know how it tastes. LOL

Latest posts

Back