1 quick question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirSmoke-a-Lot

Reaction score
If i order beans right now, can they go bad over time? and how long do i have if they do go bad.

what if i can't keep them in the fridge... i have to keep them hidden so how long before they go bad?

I had some beans which I kept for 2 years... They were DEAD!

SirSmoke-a-Lot said:
Ok will do, but how long will they last? any idea?

If you keep moisture levels around 1% and heat levels 4 to 10 Celsius degree, they can last up to 10 years. Their peak vigour lasts around one year though.

What if i leave my beans sitting out in the open on my table... how long will they last then?

i have plants in the ground now that came from seeds, that were 3+ years old.

i keep all my seeds, some which i have had now for probably 5 years, in a pill container thingy that has monday-friday compartments. little snap lids and everything. it works like a champ.

I've popped seeds my friend had inside of a mug in a china cabinet for between 5-7 years. Pretty cool and dark place I guess.

Ditto on the cool, dark, DRY place. I've had no problems of them going bad.

If i order now... will they last until march, for the growing season?

SirSmoke-a-Lot said:
If i order now... will they last until march, for the growing season?
they will if you keep them out of sunlight and with low moisture levels easily

the plants in my journal are seeds collected over 18 months ago. i do keep all my hand picked bag seed in a little tin can

Let me add to my post a few up that only about 80% of the seeds popped too after that many years.

I then tried the rest of what he had about 2-3 years AFTER that, and only one out of the 15 popped, so, they don't last forever, :).

oh yea and if you stick em in the fridge, make sure you dont take em out, put em back, take em out, and put em back in the fridge alot because the moisture will get to em that way.

Latest posts

Back