I suspect I have over Fert? (w/pic goodness)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pontiff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have attached some pics... Im pretty sure what I have done is over fertalise my the plants? they are smaller this year and I think that i went to full strenth (1400ppm i think? - my stick has what 'full' should be with the fert that i use) a little early for the size of the plant.

I know that to try and draw out some of the overdosed nutes that have built up is to not run just straight water, but to run a diluted mixture to suck them from the medium (coco peat)

Water ph is 7.0 (I just replaced my ph pen) which I have now lowered to about 5.8-6 which I believe is optimal?).

As you can see they have started to flower, its about 8-10 weeks away from the end of the season i suspect.. possibly a touch more.. do i have enough time to get it back into check and produce some uber buds?

there in large 40L pots. I have a wheelie bin that feeds them 3 times a day which is a runoff setup so its constantly getting fresh solution.

The wierd thing is that i have 13mm poly running from the tank to the plants and just capped off the end of it with 5mm runners going to the pots.. the first 2 plants from the tub are the most effected and it gradually is less effected the futher it goes away from the tub, but looking at the setup while running, it does not look like the first pots get any more than the others, if anything the pots at the bottom of the greenhouse would get more as gravity drains the lines once the pump stops. I have a valve inline to stop it draining the entire tub

Is there anything else I should be doing for this kind of problem?

Any insights, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated... cheers :)

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo(1).jpg

photo.jpg

in my own opinion you have nutrient lock-out there not an overfert issue. sounds like it could be caused by your ph being at 7.0. i think once you get that back in check you will see a noticeable difference in the girls. please remember that it is only my opinion and may or may not be right but that is what i get from what i see. i figure someone else will pop in with an idea or suggestion too which would be good cuz the more ideas you get from people the better diagnosis of what is happening you can get. :). good luck and happy growing.

Thanks for the thoughts. My thought process was leaves look like they are 'burt' so I assumed nute burn but with the 7 ph it makes sense. I have lowered it to 5.8-6 and will see how it goes (along with 1/2 strength nute mix)

how will I know if I am back on the right track? New leaves will be better and existing leaves won't get worse?

you got it. most nutrients, not all, are immobile so they cannot travel through the plant to repair damage and this will leave damaged leaves just like that... damaged but new growth will start looking the proper colors again and after only a couple days you should see the plants get happier. if not then time for a rediagnosis :). hope it helps :).

Latest posts

Back