Way Close to Home Bust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozman

Reaction score
I was watching tv news this morning when I seen this

ROCHESTER — Federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, U.S. Customs and State Police found weapons and drugs inside a Fulton County home. Police raided the house just off U.S. 31 on Dogwood Drive around 6 p.m. Thursday.
Investigators said they had been watching the house and the man who lives there for nine months.
When they finally served the search warrant, investigators found more than 20 guns inside 48-year-old David Basile's home. Some of them were semi automatic. Investigators also said Basile had nearly $30,000 in marijuana and the equipment used to grow it.
It happened in a nice, quiet neighborhood just outside Rochester.
“I had no idea any of this was happening,” said Lynn Groenleer, who lives nearby.
Helen Durkes lives next door to Basile.
“I just came home to a street filled with police officers,” she said.
Police wouldn’t say how or why the investigation began, but it ended with equipment — including special lights, filters and marijuana seeds — in police custody. Investigators said they also found 13 marijuana plants in Basile's basement and 20 to 30 guns in the house.
“Anytime you combine illegal drug activity with weapons, it's never good,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said. “It's a menace to every community.”
Slocum said the only illegal weapons taken from the home were some switchblade knives. He said they also found a weapon used to launch tear gas and pepper spray, but that and the other guns inside were not illegal.
“They were just confiscated as part of the drug investigation,” Slocum said. “It appears at this time they were possessed legally. He does appear to have the proper federal stamps and things of that nature, even though he did possess assault rifles.”
Basile bonded out of jail early Friday morning, but refused to talk to a crew from WSBT outside his home.
When asked if he did anything wrong with the guns, Basile replied "No ma’am, I don’t want to talk."
Now his neighbors are wondering how something like that could happen so close to home.
“You think you know your neighbors,” said Durke. “We had no clue.”
Police preliminarily charged Basile with three felonies — cultivating marijuana, possessing more than 30 grams of marijuana and maintaining a common nuisance.
He's also facing two misdemeanors for possession of switchblade knives and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Damn that has me wondering,dont know him but still awful close to home :(

link here

hXXp://www.wsbt.com/news/local/47952551.html

:holysheep::eek:

:cop::**::bolt:

.."maintaining a common nuisance".... :rofl:.. but his next door neighbors were surprised?..
Poor guy, the weapons in conjunction w/ the "drugs" will probably be his demise. IMO.

@Hick...Yes I swear if you have a pocket knife and who doesn't...Well that can easily turn into a switchblade...As far as guns I doubt they could pull that trick in Mt where so many hunt to supplement the family freeze but I have little doubt they would still try to say something...

James

ozman said:
When they finally served the search warrant, investigators found more than 20 guns inside 48-year-old David Basile's

LOL that get me, Guns, I hear so many people say if you mess with my **** I am going to blow you away.. How Lame saying.

I see on the new that gangs would shoot up a house, But they won't shoot up on cops when they are going to get arrested.. Scared Punks they are with Guns..

Got a guns use the freakin thing because Ur going to jail and going to loose Ur **** anyway and spend Lots of time and might get stabbed in jail and die anyway... Life or death is always the question one want to decided.....

It happened in a nice, quiet neighborhood just outside Rochester.

I like how they make it sound like that is a shocker, dude is growing weed he doesn't have a body farm, wow. That is a lot of guns though I understand people hunt but that sounds kinda sketchy.

Latest posts

Back