Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what the advantages of a vertical grow are?? im curious?

Bonghits4jesus said:
Does anyone know what the advantages of a vertical grow are?? im curious?

If you do a Colosseum style grow you can get more plants per light, same concept as the omega garden, plants are placed around the light instead of flat under it.

yeah Mindz...I saw in one of the magazines they are selling pre-made set ups like you just described

Some pics. of the littleones. These are in the veg tent, have to order the hps for flower tent this week.:hubba:

21 days and the newbies 001.JPG

21 days and the newbies 003.JPG

21 days and the newbies 005.JPG

It might not be a problem with a 1k watter, but I think vertical 600 and less whats have a big advantage over horizontal setups.. the 600s and 400s dont penetrate as much as the 1k watt of course.. i did a few horizontal grows and always got some popcorn bud and the branches on the bottoms of the plants werent fully developed, with the vertical system I havent had any popcorn buds and the buds from top to bottom are fully developed and for the most part are equal in ripeness..

Swampbud,
Looking good there!
Is that a soil thermometer in the pot with the Indica Dom?
Just wondering and where did you get it?
:)
Gb

Hi :)
what a lot of great set ups, well, no offence Hick- yours Is well, it's different. But it is a great SIZE. Yeah that's it. Size does matter.
I have a cabinet maybe 3 x 6. It's metal, aluminum I think. It is a good size for my small grow but will metal be too hot? It's about 2' deep. Is it worth messing with or am I better off investing in a small tent? Thanks.

I have a tent but I'm not taking full advantage of it. It's set up in a closet and the cool tube 600w light and filter are suspended and I've got a oscillating fan suspended at the correct height but....
I can't make myself commit to and execute an exhaust plain. In spite of all this money I have spent, my operation truly IS ghetto with the fan sitting on the floor with the duct work just moving it out into my office. The constant grey noise can get on ones nerves. I know I know - I have to get this settled before the next grow. I'm lucky in that this is winter time so temps don't climb over 82ish. inside the tent with lights on.

The thought of climbing up on a ladder, cutting out a hole, running duct work up to the attic etc and making it air tight and somewhat professional looking - baffles me.... and then there was the recent discussion about the mold factor if I don't remove the air out of the attic via the roof exhausts.... all this has me freaked out and when I freak I go into lock down mode and do nothing. Before you ask, I do not have a handyman or friend I would ask or involve in my personal business.

I have considered running the exhaust into an adjoining closet and possibly running a dehumidifier in there to remove the mold risk. I'm really conflicted about the perceived mold risk because my small grow just doesn't put out that much humidity.....I'd also like to decrease the fan noise so possibly I need to upgrade the fan.... anyway - cool idea, but I suck at organized group participation. I will pop in and lurk and possibly pick up a strategy plan.... for now though - since my grow is in its last 30 days.... I'll chug along and try to wrap my mind around a remodel plan.

I just run it into my attic, im not worried about mold because i run the fan 24/7, there no air coming in to my grow room from the attic.. If for some reason your worried about it you can find an access to your attic and hook up a carbon filter to it..

How does running the fan 24/7 remove the risk of mold growing in your attic? I'm not talking about mold in my plants. The humidity inside the tent runs 25-38%. I'm talking about mold growing in my attic.

GeezerBud, Thats just a cheap $1 thermometer I picked up at the waldomart. I set it in the pot to make sure the temps near the clan are at least in the range of bout 75f, I move it to a different pot every few days. even got a $1 humidity gage in there too.

OldHippieChick said:
How does running the fan 24/7 remove the risk of mold growing in your attic? I'm not talking about mold in my plants. The humidity inside the tent runs 25-38%. I'm talking about mold growing in my attic.

This is the first time Ive ever even heard of mold growing in an attic from a fan.. 25-38% RH isnt high... In fact there are air vents under the eve of my house that ventilate my attic, I know for a fact somtimes the humidity outside can get up to 80-90%.. It just rained here for a week and the humidity went through the roof.. My attic still doesnt mold... I could see a bathroom exhaust fan causing issue because its exhausting water vapor... But your grow room exhaust shouldnt be humid enough to mold anything

I tend to agree with Mindzeye....every roof I have ever worked on had vents in it either at the ridge, or along the eaves...I know it is a building code in my area, I would assume that it is code across the nation, but I'm not sure.

Many folks push the used air to an attic or cawl space, if you were worried about it you could filter it, or continue your ducting right up to one of your roof vents.

mindzeye does the crystal litter work good for odor? did you make that scrubber? here is a pix of my has queen plant at week4. Ill put new pix soon. She is in a 2x4x5 tent with 600watt hps

100_1012.jpg

bizzy323 said:
mindzeye does the crystal litter work good for odor? did you make that scrubber? here is a pix of my has queen plant at week4. Ill put new pix soon. She is in a 2x4x5 tent with 600watt hps

hey bizzy .. the kitty litter wrks... thats what i use.. i do notic the first 1hr of a new change out you can smell it but after that theres no smell. nice looking ladies there.
LH

should the inline fans stay on 24/7? also can you have the fan blow air in the tent instead of sucking it out and creating suction?

bizzy323 said:
should the inline fans stay on 24/7? also can you have the fan blow air in the tent instead of sucking it out and creating suction?

i have mine on 24/7 .. with exhaust and possitive air in..:confused: ???
LH

Count me in. I love my tent. It's not a huge setup but it makes me very happy all the same.

IMG00346-20100125-1721.jpg

whats are good humidity levels for veg and flower in the tents?

Trafic said:
Count me in. I love my tent. It's not a huge setup but it makes me very happy all the same.

hey thats all that matters man.. is you...:D lol
and welcome aboard man..

Bizzy: i try to keep mine in the 35-45's all around.. seedlings and clones higher of coarse...
LH

Latest posts

Back