Plants have narrow stems and need suuport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcia.littlefield

Reaction score
My indoor plants in 3" pots are 7" tall. The stems are VERY narrow and the plants need support. I assume the problem is due to insufficient light. The plants are in a "sunny" window, but it hasn't been sunny here for over a week.

What can I do now to fix this problem?

Can I transplant the plants into larger pots and put them deeper into the soil so that the narrow stems are underground? Will this solve the problem, assuming the plants now get enought light? Will new roots form from these buried stems, or will this process kill the plants. If I can plant them deeper, how much deeper? Up to the cotyledon leaves?

yeah you can burry them and yeah new roots should appear and you can go as deep as you want as long as you dont burry the branches, it should grow normally if theres sufficient light, but really hard to growa plant just by a window, you wouldnt be able to flower it like that. dont break that thin stem in the process of transplanting :eek: hope this helps

Yep....Okay to transplant like you want to....but you need to move them into consistent lighting to maximize yield and to let alone START flowering

Like Heemhoff told you, if you don't do something about your lighting, the problem will just reoccur. You just can't grow MJ in a window--it won't cooperate. Got a balcony? A closet?

Go to the Indoor Growing section and peruse some of the Stickies there. It ain't brain science or rocket surgery--some of us here aren't the brightest stars in the night sky, but we still got enough info from this site to pull it off quite nicely. And they're pretty nice folks as well.

Luck and peace.

Latest posts

Back