summer light vs fall light ??????????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
can i control the light cycle in a grow box with a closable lid and make my plants fall into bud in the middle of summer. i have 2 4x4 plywood grow boxes i dont use can i hinge the top like a lid and use them outside? to get a mid summer crop?or is the light spectrum different.

Yes you can induce flowering by manipulating the dark cycle. The spectrum will not make much difference.

To my knowledge, a plant will not flower until sexually mature, regardless of light cycle? My understanding is that "forcing budding" can stress a plant to hermie in extreme cases, but is likely to cause stretch.

Roddy said:
To my knowledge, a plant will not flower until sexually mature, regardless of light cycle? My understanding is that "forcing budding" can stress a plant to hermie in extreme cases, but is likely to cause stretch.
depends on the strain I have noticed. some will flip when you switch but also had them go through the reg maturity even after the flip then start flower.
Never once had a hermie from early 12/12 flip. The only times I had hermies is from unnatural stressors.
1. Irregular or interrupted darkness schedule during 12/12
2. fert stress
3. Bad genetics.

Re-veg, early flower triggered, and being light on ferts never got me a hermie.

Me either, Mutt, but I think I recall this being a fear reported by some? I could be thinking of something else....

Latest posts

Back