Frost is coming! Help with indoor tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David_2

Reaction score
Hello guys

I have an Auto AK47 standing outside in Sweden. Its about 7 weeks old and has a height of 22 inches. It started flowering a week ago or so, but its getting cold now in september! Im gonna bring it indoors with 100w lightning. Is there anything to think about to avoid hermaphrotism? Except keep it 100 % dark 12 h. Is it gonna be ****** up because of the temp change, different light source or something?
Would appriciate tips :)

image.jpg

You should have no problem bringing the plant indoors. I have yet to see a Auto Herm. I have only grown them indoors under 18 hour light cycle. Best of luck, and nice to meet you!:)

An auto does not need or want a 12 hour dark period. Part of the advantage of having an auto is that it doesn't need the light change to flower. The best light schedule for autos according to those that grow them a lot is 20 hours light and 4 hours dark.

Your greatest danger with bringing a plant from outside into inside is bringing pests or disease in with you. So inspect your plant well for any bugs before you bring it in.

What exactly is the light you plan to use? Not all lights are good to grow with. Your lighting id directly tied to your yield. Do you have some kind of small enclosed space you can use that you can also ventilate?

Okay :) I'm thinking about using LED-lamps or an HPS. Maybe combine? Depends on how much space these take, since they have to fit in my small closet.

Ventilate well and too much stress (environment, direct fans on plants, etc.) can cause plant to go hermaphrodite. What water will you use? Do you have pH tester? I read night temps should be 5-10 deg less than day (but not below 60 deg F) to help promote female hormones.

Surprised you're growing outside - must be pretty mild. Sept/Oct temps on US Eastern Coast have been above normal. 83 deg F at 7PM last night.

Latest posts

Back