Rosebud and Rick Simpson oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
I am doing a quick batch of rso for a fellow grower that is sick. Glad i had a lot of Nurse larry. You might notice i kept some leaf on this, i did that hoping for a bit more cbd.. I really need to get this tested..

decarb in process.View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

My very straight son just came in and said, mother....we stood outside to talk as he would have gone to work smelling like POT.

Looking good Rose.

My first concentrated cannabis oil came out much a much lighter color and tastes fantastic.

I decided to decarb after evaporating off my solvent as you can monitor the process visually and more accurately than using the oven.

picture.php

I do that too rick, it decarbs as it cooks off. What kind of herb did you use?

Rose, I was wondering if a coffee maker hot plate would work for getting the alcohol out. Kinda hoping to just put the mix outta the MB into a large measuring cup and set up the coffee hot plate outside and just let her rip.

What do you think?

Yes, i think it might lyfespan. After taking out of the machine, i use a small saucepan and have the thermometer in the oil and boil off the booze at 175-180 F then i end up pouring that into a 1 cup stainless measuring cup, and that works well to finish it. I started with 80 grams this time, you could do 40 grams in the measuring cup. You also need a dropper with cold water to place the 4 drops of water in at the end. It is so cool when you see the light green cloud of clorophyl leave the pot... it finishes fast...so have your water drops there ready.

Yes, i think it might lyfespan. After taking out of the machine, i use a small saucepan and have the thermometer in the oil and boil off the booze at 175-180 F then i end up pouring that into a 1 cup stainless measuring cup, and that works well to finish it. I started with 80 grams this time, you could do 40 grams in the measuring cup. You also need a dropper with cold water to place the 4 drops of water in at the end. It is so cool when you see the light green cloud of clorophyl leave the pot... it finishes fast...so have your water drops there ready.

I have been a chicken about cooking off the alcohol, I have been just letting it evap like you did, I'll probably cook it off this weekend, I didn't know about the gas cloud or drops of water I guess I better watch some YouTube on this first , lol

I can help you lyfespan. the first time is scary but not now. It is in the 50s here so it is easy to go on the patio. A fan is nice to carry the booze away so you don't get inebriated like i did. You are just cooking about and it looks very lime green on top of the bubbles..then it just all flys away... trippy. ha. Then the oil gets thick and you can see the bottom of the pan. and you are crazy stirring and then you add 4 drops of water for 80 grams of pot. then you quickly put it where it will live, syringes or whatever. you have to work fast before it hardens.. Immediately soak your pan or throw away, in Dawn with boiling water and use a brush to clean it out immediately. The brush will be toast, i promise. but it is worth the brush to clean the pan. Let me know if you have other questions. Phoenix tears. com it RS websight.

I do that too rick, it decarbs as it cooks off. What kind of herb did you use?

While boiling off the solvent in a rice cooker undoubtedly does cause "some" decarboxylation it certainly does not fully decarboxylate the oil.

To fully decarboxylate the oil I transfer my oil from the rice cooker to a smaller container in an oil bath set at 190F.
This is when the observable decarboxylation process begins.
As the oil heats the COOH carboxyl group of atoms are released as observable bubbles of H20 and CO2.
I continue to bump up the temp until I reach 250F.
Once no more bubbles are observed in the oil the decarboxylation process is complete.

I would never heat the cannabis in the oven to decarboxylate it when making medicinal oils.
That process is totally blind as you're unable to observe the decarboxylation process. The oil bath method gives a much more precise activated oil.

For more information on Decarboxylation Greywolf @ Skunkpharm has a great article that can be found here http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

So Rick , you give me bad rep on my birthday... come in to my thread and give me crap... I don't think the people that are using my oil are complaining. How wasteful you say???
I am sorry that you think i am wasteful. I have no way to reclaim the booze...
Go away. You have made your point MANY TIMES. How much RSO are you making for sick folks?

I use an Oven to Decarb and it kicks my ACE. I Use 270f for 30 mins,,works great. Ive tried different times and temps and this one seems to work the best.
Then I mix my herb with Peanut Butter and Walnut oil and eat it right off the spoon. Taste like roasted almonds and peanuts. I weigh out(after decarb) about 0.7 grams,,thats about all i need to do the trick.

weedhopper knows his facts.
hint: cooler can be made cheap with using old mini-fridge.
just drill 2 holes in the side for hoses.

hmmm peanut butter and walnut oil? sounds good.
I like coconut oil or sesame oil.
might try weedhoppers method. no crockpot needed. hmmm

Yep, its fast and easy. I like the fact that i can eat my medicated peanut butter or buttered toast and im good for 4 or 5 hours and it controls my BP all day 107/72 to 114/76.
And Walnut oil is real good for your heart.

I make RSO with Everclear also and have been taking it daily for about 3 years to treat a form of brain cancer called ependymoma, a glioma. Recently I grew an R-14er, also known as R4 or Charlotte's Web, a very low THC strain that has high levels of CBD. The oil from this plant is quite different and would probably help with MS symptoms. I have tried doses from 100mg to 650mg and noticed that there is a calming effect, like a muscle relaxant. My typical dose has been 100-200mg of "regular" cannabis oil per day, usually around 5PM, so it has time to wear off by 6AM. This is a pic of the R-14er plant. It has varigated leaves and looks deformed. Oh, I also have been using a counter top still to recycle the Everclear and find about 75% can be recovered.

View attachment R-14er day 57 flower 2.jpg

View attachment R-14er day 57 flower 6.jpg

View attachment RSO 1 small.jpg

Latest posts

Back