Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ness, I just stick my finger all the way in the dirt to see if it needs water. The other thing is to just lift the pots, if they are full of water they are heavy versus when they need water they are very light... Try it... you got this.

Thank You, Rose. They were dry. I just water each 2 cups of water in a 3 gal pot. I do not want root rot. Ha, Rose lets get st*** :48:

Love these things. Now i know where DD gets these. Yehaaaaaaa

Well looks like things are starting to turn around a little bit first one is a BB King second one is the BPU Bubbalicious
4f2fdaa316f2a173da4f7c0f4ad95ede.jpg
e2456eec048dff8dd6840e13d7dcc0b9.jpg

And some deep chunk and some Exitus cheese Mendocino purp and a mini widow i'm sure I spelled the purple one wrong but whatever haha
702741f17697acddaacaa8e8df304602.jpg
a5b873b004b4fe264da83c765185a76b.jpg
73cfce87792660ecb419a86a51236729.jpg
fa767abd78c619d641433ed009b4b06a.jpg

I think they're looking pretty decent considering I almost lost them because of humidity issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Keef, I am looking into the t5's. My bathroom must be bigger than 4ft, cause, I have 2, two ft side by side lights in the grow room right now. A 4 footer will do just fine. Now, all I have to do is shop.

Looking great Bud. I like growing in dirt. But, you, guys that grow in water have such nice looking mj's.

Nes I grew some nice Dank like that for along time. Yes I know i would have gotten bigger harvest Flowering with HPS,,but it wasn't in the plans at the time.
By the way,,you will need to treat it like any other grow room as for ventilation because T5s put out heat too,,but i really like the way they spread the light. Plus in veg with the 6500k tubes your plants can be so close they touch the light and it wont burn them,,however when you go to the 3000k you will need to keep them a few inches from the canopy because those tubes get hotter.

Nice looking girls Bud,,very nice.

ness, i would say the T5HO fixture, i like mine. I am going to go LED in the veg closet soon. while the T5 is good, mine draws about 480 watts, i am going to switch to an Illuminex(sp?) led that draws a little more than 50 watts, should be a direct replacement for me. You might want to talk to Kraven a little, he gives good, non-baised info about his experience with led.
I think i will keep running the HPS in bloom for a while yet, would cost me too much at the moment to swap to LED in bloom

well, i dodged a bullet with the engine. I really thought i had bought the farm this time. would not have lost my job, but being a perfectionist being wrong really botehrs me. and to ruin an entire engine would devastate my confidence for a bit

Budlight, thanks for the offer, but i don't want to take your spare. I will get my stuff on the road soon enough. i looked up your machine, i bet that thing can handle a trail

No problem yard dog yeah she's a pretty fun machine I have 31 inch gorilla silverback sonnet with a 3 inch lift 840 big bore kit dalton clutch kit custom cage 10 inch kicker full custom system I built it all myself it's been a fun project

sounds fun budlight. I have 12,000 miles on my drz400, when it is time for a rebuild i will be going to a big bore kit. i learned a while back, no replacement for displacement. why build it stock when you can build it faster and stronger??

sounds fun budlight. I have 12,000 miles on my drz400, when it is time for a rebuild i will be going to a big bore kit. i learned a while back, no replacement for displacement. why build it stock when you can build it faster and stronger??

I will 100% agree with you hope your days gotten better

Thank You, Rose. They were dry. I just water each 2 cups of water in a 3 gal pot. I do not want root rot. Ha, Rose lets get st*** :48:

Hey Ness, as a fellow dirt farmer, lemme let you in on what works for me. I grow in 5 gallon buckets, but the principle is the same. I have my pots sitting in trays, not deep ones but maybe an inch. I water each pot until I see the water trickling out the bottom. Slowly "cause your plants will appreciate the time you spend with 'em 'cause you talk to em too, right? Gives 'em a little co2 boost. Anyways back to watering. Once all the pots are watered, go back and give 'em just a little bit more. Now just leave 'em be. When the run off water has evaporated out of the trays, the soil will still be wet. When the soil on the top dries out to a depth of an inch or so its time to do it all again.

When they are young (in veg) this can take several days, by 4-6 weeks it will be down to every 3 days, maybe 2. When the flowers start to come on you will be watering every day in 3 gallon pots.

Anyways, that what works for me. Oh, at least once a month, add a tblspoon of epson salt to your watering. MJ consumes it.:vap-Bong_smoker:

I'm a hardcore Harley gu, got the tattoo an' everything. I took an '86 sportster 1100 and jugged it out to 1250. Cut the rear fender short, removed the front altogether, made some pipes, added some knobbies and got me a dirt bike. Well, I'm workin on it anyways. Too man irons in the fire right now and none of 'em done. :vap-Bong_smoker:

st. nick, you going to need a nice wide open space to run that bike. my buddy has an xr650r, great bike.. but too big for my tastes. when i buy a dirt only bike, i will be looking at the older 125 smokers, i like nimble and quick over fast and heavy. I thought about getting a Harley a few years back. glad i didn't.. I'll buy one one day, but i want to pick up something old and restore it. the classic's speak to me. i love the lines on the old school choppers.

I have a yamaha 175 smokey mself. Bad ignition module but otherwise she's just right. My sportster is under 400 lbs and geared appropriatly, but I don't hill climb with it. Goes like a jeep though and its great for running logging roads and right of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back