fluence vs. hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
today i dropped; goji og
sunshine daydream
skylotus
tahoe og
god bud
the purps
chem dog
amherst sour diesel
purple envy
mk-ultra
bruce banner bx 2.0
kings banner X111
tutankhamon (king tut)
chem fire
ghost train haze #1

gonna be some males that will need culling. should be a good grow, i hope. help would be appreciated. thanks!

I'm in your corner fosure man, green mojo on the fire your gonna pull out of there.

Looking good grass hopper some really nice frosty girls in that mix :48:

Wow, really nice turn. Looking forward to hearing your detailed thoughts after you pull the LED and you can compare and contrast the two well.

Every picture is dank, glorious beutiful dank. Great job.

GH really beautiful girls you've got going on. kind of itching to get back to growing but not till the fall, green goodness.

thanks!!! i gotta keep one hps tent. am most always pleased with the results.
the leaves in the led tent, the leaf ends are browning like they are near harvest but they're only 53 days or so. buds are coming along very nicely though. will have a better feel in 2 weeks. strong light!!

That looks like some frosty goodness there. I hope they taste as good as they look> :)

LED by some measure tends to "feed" the plants and most of us using LED's have to adjust our food down some since the plant is more efficient.

That looks like some frosty goodness there. I hope they taste as good as they look> :)

it always is very smooth pup, i was told because of soo much leaf material removal as well as good curing. (thanks to your cure teaching pup). i will always be grateful for that! :)

kraven, i don't think that's it but will surely keep that in mind. you need to view pics. also i got my first case of indoor mold yesterday. a big bud top. lost 3 inches or so. i am stopping the co2 and boosting my general exhaust up to full speed. 150 cfm. it was at very low speed. maybe 20 cfm as not to deplete my co2 so quickly. i have 2 equipment boards mounted and have two 16 inch oscillating fans running on both sides of the 55 inch sq. tent. plenty of air movement. just not enough exhaust. my larger tents i exhaust about 125 cfm which helps keep my r.h. down, especially the first 2 days after watering. think i am learning bud, will share more after harvest. thanks!!

FINALLY caught up!! the hps tent was beautiful. I love gorilla glue and gorilla bomb. really white strains. pakistan valley had huge juicy buds. huge yields and very consistent!!

the fluence tents were NOT consistent. the 4 by 8 tent was quite impressive with THE 2 fluence leds. VERY happy with that tent!!

the 55 by 55 fluence tent i used co2. it has a fluence spyder X plus. up until about 40 days into flower this was the most impressive tent i ever grew. at 45 to 50 days in 12/12, the leaves started burning badly. it started in the center plants. i then unplugged half the led strips. this did not stop the continual leaf burn. i stopped all feed at about day 57... because i was going thru a tank of co2 every 7 days i kept my exhaust fan speed at a minimum. maybe 25 cfm. i always have (2) 16 inch oscillating fans running for good circulation. this did not stop the mold. i lost about 20% of the small tent to mold. first time ever getting indoor mold. my r.h. was running 55 to 65%. highest right after watering.. in hindsight i should have either lowered my whole basement to 50% r.h. or stopped the co2 when i noticed my r.h. running soo high. another strange thing i noticed in this tent was the high amount of hairs. either white or clear colored. some browned as normal but a lot didn't....
i will not run co2 this next grow. also will keep up my exhaust fan speed up. i need to call fluence on the hairs as well as the leaf burn. funny this did not happen at all in the laRGER FLUENCE TENT..

View attachment IMG_2146.jpg

View attachment IMG_2153.jpg

View attachment IMG_2109.jpg

View attachment IMG_2113.jpg

someone had leaf burn very similar to my pics. i cant find who posted pics so similar. spotted them a few weeks ago.. does anyone know or have seen pics (leaf burn) like in my photos??? thanks!!

FINALLY caught up!! the hps tent was beautiful. I love gorilla glue and gorilla bomb. really white strains. pakistan valley had huge juicy buds. huge yields and very consistent!!

the fluence tents were NOT consistent. the 4 by 8 tent was quite impressive with THE 2 fluence leds. VERY happy with that tent!!

the 55 by 55 fluence tent i used co2. it has a fluence spyder X plus. up until about 40 days into flower this was the most impressive tent i ever grew. at 45 to 50 days in 12/12, the leaves started burning badly. it started in the center plants. i then unplugged half the led strips. this did not stop the continual leaf burn. i stopped all feed at about day 57... because i was going thru a tank of co2 every 7 days i kept my exhaust fan speed at a minimum. maybe 25 cfm. i always have (2) 16 inch oscillating fans running for good circulation. this did not stop the mold. i lost about 20% of the small tent to mold. first time ever getting indoor mold. my r.h. was running 55 to 65%. highest right after watering.. in hindsight i should have either lowered my whole basement to 50% r.h. or stopped the co2 when i noticed my r.h. running soo high. another strange thing i noticed in this tent was the high amount of hairs. either white or clear colored. some browned as normal but a lot didn't....
i will not run co2 this next grow. also will keep up my exhaust fan speed up. i need to call fluence on the hairs as well as the leaf burn. funny this did not happen at all in the laRGER FLUENCE TENT..

after many hours of searching why did i get such strange leaf burn in my small led tent???? i think i found why.... i had bought some humboldts "flower stacker"during my last grow cycle. i had forgotten that i tried it in my smaller tent. i only tried it once or twice at most. about halfway thru flowering. the amount i fed was close to 5 ml per gal..possibly as much as 8 ml per gal.. as is most everything i feed. while looking at the very fine print on humboldts bottle this morning. it states; start by using flower stacker after week 3 of flower at a rate between 1-8 ml per gal.. START WITH 1 ML AND INCREASE GRADUALLY... compatible with all mediums. BE CAREFUL OF PLANT BURN!! i would bet this was the cause..

I bet so GH, good detective work...had me stumped as to why this was happening.

i noticed many different phenos. bud size, whiteness... seems much more uniqueness from plant to plant in the large hps tent... the led, fluence tent, everyone plant seems related. brother like with much more moderate changes from plant to plant. i also seem to have more hairs than before but maybe that's just me.... i love an almost bald bud. not full of long hairs...

i am VERY impressed with CHEM DAWG... also BC GOD BUD... i stopped trimming to order more of these 2 seeds.. again, AMHERST SOUR DIESEL was a winner. good yields and plenty of frost. it's got pink hues now. 85 - 90 degrees cellar temps... the last grow cellar temps were 65 degrees f. colors were best ever!!
on bodhi strains, sunshine daydream was my fav. really good yields and plenty of frost. goji was tall but also loved it. skylotus, all 3 plants had different phenos. one i wish i had cloned. i liked kings banner alot. maybe frostiest plant in this grow. bruce banner was not as good. tahoe og was very impressive. just wish it had a better yield. gorilla glue, in hps tent i had 2 plants near all white. beautiful.

View attachment IMG_3439.jpg

View attachment IMG_3450.jpg

View attachment IMG_3469.jpg

View attachment IMG_3665.jpg

View attachment IMG_3668.jpg

View attachment IMG_3680.jpg

View attachment IMG_3694.jpg

View attachment IMG_3753.jpg

View attachment IMG_3769.jpg

View attachment IMG_3780.jpg

View attachment IMG_3792.jpg

View attachment IMG_3795.jpg

View attachment IMG_3800.jpg

View attachment IMG_3823.jpg

View attachment IMG_3855.jpg

View attachment IMG_3868.jpg

View attachment IMG_3872.jpg

View attachment IMG_3881.jpg

View attachment IMG_3983.jpg

View attachment IMG_3985.jpg

Whats the verdict grasshopper? Led or hps?

Latest posts

Back