late start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how long did you actually waited for you to dry them?... they look like they were very young from what i see in the pics

- transplanted the five indoor plants this morning into three gallon containers. two mango, three purps.
- the young plants that have been put outside are shooting up, three inches in the last week, they look leggy compared to the short full plants inside.
- i have seen the first signs of sex on the outdoor plants, i am not real sure what i am looking at, tho the book i am reading has some real good photos and drawings, gonna get out the magnifying glass later this evening when it cools down.

all in all i am happy with what is going on with these babies.

good growing guys,
tcbud:D

kriz1199 said:
how long did you actually waited for you to dry them?... they look like they were very young from what i see in the pics

i took the above buds from some plants/clones that had been under a 24/24 light at the original growers, when put outside they imediatly started to bud, then some decided to go back to vedgging. the dry bud is from the plant that there is a pic of at the beginning of this post (i took all of it because i love the way it smokes and the trichs were ready), the wet bud is from the plant that has decided to go back to vedgging. i took those buds from branches that were not going back to the vedg look, the trichs were over 50% cloudy on all the buds i took (maybe 10% amber).

i will post some pics of the plants that have gone back to the vedg stage soon.

tcbud

tcbud said:
i took the above buds from some plants/clones that had been under a 24/24 light at the original growers

Where do you live that you have 48 hour days?!?! ;):D

How bout, twenty four at my house and twenty four at the growers? or maybe i dont really know what the heck i am talking about....should be 24/0 then? lol
tcbud

the plants are looking fantastic great work i absoulutly love the greens on the lil bushes

week five

- transplanted the plants indoors to three gallon pots.
- noticed three days ago brown spots on the biggest mango plant, posted a thread today to find a solution as the book does not seem to cover this problem.
- the consenses is i have over nuted it.
- i only put water on it today and will flush it tomarrow as the B vitamines are still in there from transplanting.

below is the strongest of my indoor plants. they all took the transplant well. i am now waiting for the sex to be visible on them, then outside they go except the two that will be mother plants.

five weeks.jpg

it sure does look good Tcbud! Going great, keep up the good work and you'll have some great smoke come harvest. Good luck!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Day 39

- Plant #4 a purp, of the indoor plants has shown that it is female.:D
- I have discontinued feeding the plants daily, and i am now only watering every other day (indoor plants onlyj, it is to hot outside to water the outdoor plants less than daily).
- the mango plant is going to loose at least two leaves to burn (if that was what it was, and since reading up on indica strains, i think this is what it was, as it seems indica require less nutrient.)
- on this burned plant, i have started to hold down the first branches with pipe cleaners, to get them out from under the larger leaves and into the light.
- the plants outside are about 14 inches tall and the mango is fuller than the purps (the lower branches are growing faster than the purps).
- the indoor plants are fuller but not tall, except for the #1 purp.
- light is still 17/7 indoors.

I expected the largest plant (#1 purp)to sex first and it was the smallest that sexed first. I will continue to hope the largest is female as i wish to use this plant as a mother. I can't beleive how jazzed i was when i saw that it was a girl!

good growing,
tcbud
I'M A MOM!:baby:

These are the plants i have mentioned in this journal that were 24/0 when purchased and put outside after transplanted. They grew for three weeks outside when they started to flower. I have put them in order showing the plants as they were when they started to flower (may 21)then the same plant today (july 22).

#1 and #2 bubble gum, this plant i took the center out of when it looked like it would re-vedg (it had a nice tight eight inch bud, trichs 50% cloudy).
#3 and #4 are OG, old gangster, it was left alone and as it grew, where there were calaxes (I hope this is correct, where the seeds would have formed in the flower) new branches started as it re-vedged.
#5 and #6 is the RK, both today. I took the buds from that are in a pic I posted in this thread earlier. I took them when when the plant started to re-vedg. I left the buds that were visibly showing new growth. This plant is also one of the clones i bought but gallon size container. It was maybe twenty inches tall when bought (it also went into flower imediately).

I learned alot about hours of sunlight verses hours of dark with these plants. This was the reason i came to Marijuana Passion, looking for answers about why they were budding when i thot it was way early to bud. Now i hope i can upload them for your viewing.

may 21 clone 03.jpg

bubble gum 7 22 07.jpg

may 21 clone 01.jpg

old gangster 7 22.jpg

RK 7 22.jpg

RK.jpg

Below are the plants started 42 days ago.

- Of nine plants, six purp, three mango.
- #1 pic, purp, outside approximately nine days, grew about an inch a day.
- #2 pic, purp on left, mango on right, inside, light 17/7 (light being the first number) both these about nine inches +/-.
- #3 pic, mango, outside nine days, about twelve inches +/-
- will top one of the purps tonight, since the season for outdoor growing is short, the others will not be topped.
- left plant #2 pic will be a mother plant, so i will top it when it gets taller. It is female i beleive.
- moving the light to twelve inches from the tallest plant today.
- fed the outside plants half strength Grow Big from Fox Farms weekly.
- indoor plants watered every three days now, Grow big weekly half strength.

it is interesting to see the difference between mother natures light and the floresent light inside.:D

purp 7 22  day 42.jpg

purp mango day 42.jpg

mango 07 22 day 42.jpg

- using light nutes now on the indoor plants, so far once since the nute burn above.
- two of the plants - indoor - the large leaves are yellowing, the leaves by the stem are very dark green.
- i beleive i have one male and two females at this point from five plants.

- the outdoor plants are going great, i topped one with the FIM method or was trying for that.
- i am bending one over to try the LST method, i hope this works.

- three of the older revedging plants are looking like they are starting to flower.
- husband took three cuttings off of the two that still look in vedg mode, two look alive still.

i am wondering if all this transplanting is the cause of the yellow leaves, and the slow growth of the indoor plants. I am going to leave them in the three gallon containers for the rest of their lives at this point, (the smallest female i may move outside today). Tho the mother, she will get a larger pot in a few months. I am also wondering if it is the light, it is a CFL, lots of wats...eight 54W bulbs...the largest plant seems to freaking love it. I even moved the light away from them to twelve inches, for two days, so maybe that is why the leaves got yellow. The light is back to three inches from the tallest now, seven or eight from the shortest.

I tryed some of the bud in the pics above, the northern lights was great, good high mentaly, not a real tired high. the RK or SK, was harsh and tho i got high i kept wondering why i was so tired, till i rememberd i was stoned. lol.......

Hey tcbud. Looks like you got a journal going. A good read. I have a CFL on my male, but I keep it at less than an inch. He ain't stretching anymore and doesn't grow into it. Keep up the good work.

- put two outside from inside, one for sure female the other unknown, these plants are short and bushy compared to the ones i put outside a couple weeks ago.
- these two above plants i will be bringing inside next week to give them a 12/12 hour day, just to see if they will bud for me. the season grows short and i want them to bud. Dark for twelve hours should get them to bud.
- the plants that started life as clones pictured above, that went back to vedging, they are now in early flower.
- the plants i put out ten days ago from seed, they are about two feet tall now each. one has been topped. i was going to LST one but decided since they will not have much time to grow, i did not.
- i am having trouble with the two mangos inside, they still show new brown on the leaves, and i have flushed them twice and they have had no nutrients in the last two weeks.
- i am also having trouble with the purps seem to be turning the leaves purple and yellow...i have read it has something to do with to much calcium in the water....i have well water and it is for sure loaded with calcium and iron, as it gets hard on my faucets all over the house. i am going to get some mushroom compost, as the book says that may help. i dont have much hope for these plants now, especially the large one that i wanted to keep as a mother plant.

i have high hopes for next years crop, i will try a high percentage of this mushroom compost to battle the calcium. the plants outside do not seem bothered all that much by this problem as the inside plants do. tho there is still signs of the problem it is not as intense. i will be putting some mushroom compost on the plants tomarrow, i hope that helps. i did not know it at the time but the plants i harvested showed the same purple/yello turning leaves. oh well....live and learn....and it mentions in the book..something about epson salts...will read that again and try that too..on one or two of the little girls.

- the four plants started june 10, that were put outside have all shown to be male. how sad, they looked so good. they are now just a memory.

- the plants i had inside were given 36 hours of darkness over the weekend (as the book says to force flowering) and put outside Monday morning. One of these was for sure female and one for sure male, the male is not longer with the living.

- there are two plants that still have not shown signs of sex, both are now outside.

- last week the husband took three clones off of the plants that have revedged. two have made it and are inside under lights. as soon as they exhibit new growth, they will be outside also.

Like i said...next year things will be better, i am learning bunches and will apply that next year.

- the revegged plants - four in flower, two getting ready to flower.

that is what is going on here, the plants that i had such high hopes for are dead, and of the nine i had come up, so far only two are for sure female. But then... hopefully the two undetermined ones will show female even tho they are the smallest plants i have. Some bud will be much better than no bud....lol.:D

Day 63

- took some purple leaves to the hydro store guy today, his wife was "manning" the shop and i asked her what could she tell me about "why were my plants turning purple" ??? what strange and unusual kind of thing was happening to my plants? Her first question was "what strain are they? look like a purple strain?" and of course i said " yes they were called purps when i bought them". so........ she says "normal for them to be that color, seen some that the stem was purple too". So all that worry, all those posts about purple stems and lack of magnesium or was that manganese? or sulfer or what the heck ever................for naught. Am i glad that is cleared up, now i can just sit back and watch them grow.

- two purps remain from the six and no mango, the others were male and are gone to a better place, the mulch bin.

- one of the two purps is actually flowering, it is a small plant but will have a nice bud up the main stalk.

- the largest plant is now trying to reach the sun and has not started to flower yet.

- the revedged plants look great, all are flowering now. one has a stalk on it that must be at least 1.5 inches in diameter. it is a lush looking bush.

i am so happy to have the purple issue answered and concluded.

I want to sincerly thank all of you who have posted in my grow journal and in my sick plants questions. i did so greatly appreciate the time and effort you gave to my questions.
Again, Thank You All.
tcbud

this is a pic of the stem i tried to LST, it is by far the most dense and largest bud on the plant. I wonder is that due to the stress from the LST? it is kinda not in the correct possition anymore, i have it up against a stake now. this plant was one of the clones that budded then went back to vedging and now is budded again.

420 lst upright.jpg

420 lst upright 01.jpg

Latest posts

Back