hydro set up plus got fox farm soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom-tom

Reaction score
oh guys i went to the hydro store to get foxfam soil well i got that plus a hydro system lol i got to give it a try so im gonna add this to my journal 2 its a waterfarm complete not the best im shure but its what i could afford and it was still not cheap general hydroponics makes this setup so im gonna need help from u hydro guys please also i got the foxfarm soil and i transplanted my plant that has been yellowing so i think it will be ok now it got so bad because of the soil i had it in the soil was for outdoor use only and it said on the bag plain as day and i did not read it that ur soposed to mix it with 6inches of native soil and i did not have it mixed with anything lol so it was to strong for the plant it had that time relese stuff in it and im guessin the timerelease was strong stuff since ur soposed to mix it with 6 inches of soil also i got a ph up and a ph down kit also the hydro system came with floragro2-1-6- and floramicro5-0-1 and florabloom0-5-4 will this stuff work for what im gonna use it for,also please help me i need to no how much nutes and witch 1 im suposed to start with our do i start any i got a plant im gonna put in their its small and has roots but witch nutes do i start with please help me with this

hydroset1.jpg

hydro2.jpg

foxfarm1.jpg

hydronutes1.jpg

phupdown1.jpg

what'r u do'n?... going hydro now?... ok... whatever u want, but I would have stuck with the dirt. it's easier to grow in dirt, and you are having troubles with that... but... I'm sure these guys can tell you what to do.

I don't know a thing about hydro myself - it's altogether different than growing in dirt... and I'd say - harder to learn correctly.

but... good luck on it. - and give that transplant a cup of water dumped at the stem. read - PH balanced water to 6.5

good luck:farm:

oh ya... check out the series I Grow Chronic on YouTube... 9 part series on hydroponic growing setup. not bad.

well my hydro plant is doin good it seems to be takin good im hand watterin the nute mix onto the plant for the first 10 days i got the ph at 5.9 thehydroton seems to dry out pretty fast with the hand waterin but i was told the moisture goes in to the little holes inside the hydroton and the roots will seek that out, im hand waterin about 3 times a day will post picks in a copple days when i can notice some good growth

That crazy vancouver guy said:
what'r u do'n?... going hydro now?... ok... whatever u want, but I would have stuck with the dirt. it's easier to grow in dirt, and you are having troubles with that... but... I'm sure these guys can tell you what to do.

I don't know a thing about hydro myself - it's altogether different than growing in dirt... and I'd say - harder to learn correctly.

but... good luck on it. - and give that transplant a cup of water dumped at the stem. read - PH balanced water to 6.5

good luck:farm:

oh ya... check out the series I Grow Chronic on YouTube... 9 part series on hydroponic growing setup. not bad.

for what its worth,i keep hearing how hard hydro is...i did some reading,set up a system,on my third grow now with no ph/nute problems yet. i spend ten minutes a day in my room and sometimes have to invent stuff to do. the only headache is changin out rez every 10 days and thats not bad.
i dont know a thing about dirt,so this this is my biased opinion.
best of luck and happy trails

hydro(deep water culture) is pretty simple, it just takes more time and effort than soil, but i've also seen some pretty amazing results with hydro, you'll like if u got the patients and time. lol the infamous bubbler, how much that cost u? 30-50 bucks full setup?

Dc

59 bucks for everthing nutes,pump,and all hydroton

Waterfarms rock!, you can also chain more together later or add a remote rez.
The growth rate ive seen in these in nothing short of phenomenal.

cool i cant wait lol i hope u stick around grodude for my grow i can use u on this hydro i no u know what ur talkin aboutalso i was lookin in the magizine and seen the setup for more hookups with like 10 water farms with the big resavor its pretty cool lookin once i get the hang of this 1 ill prolly add more cause they are affordable very cheap

tom-tom said:
cool i cant wait lol i hope u stick around grodude for my grow i can use u on this hydro i no u know what ur talkin aboutalso i was lookin in the magizine and seen the setup for more hookups with like 10 water farms with the big resavor its pretty cool lookin once i get the hang of this 1 ill prolly add more cause they are affordable very cheap

You can count on it! just pick up a cheap PPM and PH meter like we talked about. here is a cheap one.
Are you going to start a seperate grow journal for your waterfarm?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TDS-METER-TDS1-Water-Filter-Water-Quality-PPM-Tester_W0QQitemZ170167931589QQihZ007QQcategoryZ116400QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here is a cheap ph pen
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-pH-Meter-Aquarium-Swimming-Pool-Water-Tester-PH-3_W0QQitemZ150182869981QQihZ005QQcategoryZ58191QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yes called the godzilla grow lol u think i need the ph meter i got that ph up down kit and what is a ppm?

u no disregard that question i see what it is and its cheap ill get 1

yer just starting to realize how much FUN this is, rn't u now tom, eh? LOL

I agree that the drip rocks. I have 5 and think they are very easy. Hydro is easy if you do your homework, and MUCH cleaner. Good luck hope it works out for you I think you will be surprised

Latest posts

Back