Dubbamans Satori & THxS1 Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
Even though the poll is not closed, i have made up my mind :p so i went to scrounge up the needed items to start my seeds. Decided to start 3 of each, the blue cups are the Satori while the THxS1 is in the red.First thing i had to do was thaw some of the leftover soil, didnt look like enough had to get more. Got plenty now ;) even made a 5gal bucket of extra at this mix. the thawing soil is some organic top soil with peet and i picked up some potting soil scotts was the brand had to get more perlite too :eek: took the last of the top soil (about 2 gal of a 5 gal bucket) mixed in about 2 gal of the potting soil and the rest is perlite. got my plastic 16oz cups ready by drilling 5 1/8" holes in the bottom,filled my cups half way and watered to settle the soil filled them the rest of the way and watered rested my seed and covered what was about the last half inch with soil and watered :spit: Put them back in the room in my(soon to be) Mothering area it has 2 4' fluroesant ballasts with 4 G.E. daylight T-12 tubes (3050 lumen 6500K 40W per bulb) its a 1'x4' area as the seed dont need light as yet (though they are on for heat :hubba:) it puts out 12200 lumen (just over half the recomended 5K/sq' i know but as its going to be for mothers its lower for slower growth)temps stay about 80 with 50% humidity no ventilation (fans) just a passive flow goes under the "walls" of this area.Now its up to the MJ gods as to what will pop.

organic peet top soil.JPG

it is what it says.JPG

again it is what it is.JPG

the mix.JPG

the sprouts to be first apartment.JPG

soil in and draining.JPG

the beans.JPG

lets just wait and see.JPG

I've heard good about mandala seeds, pretty cool strain choice. I'll be following!

What are you gonna flower under

hey Dubbaman...I'm pullin up my milk box and going to enjoy watching this grow..Good luck and Keep It Green!!!!

What is holding the cups in the plastic bin?

thestandard said:
What are you gonna flower under

gonna use a 400W HPS for flower and for the majority of the veg im going to be under fluros 2 ballasts now and 3 later after sprouting (40W g.e. daylight tubes 3050 lumen 6500K 18300 lumen in a 1x4 area.

Cool, I'm starting a 400w mh/hps grow in the next week or two. Be fun to have a current comparison =D

4u2smoke said:
What is holding the cups in the plastic bin?

:eek: its a cat pan :eek: :rofl: it was never used but i found that they are flat and wide and can hold a 5 gal bucket used as a potter quite well :D and they are real cheap at dollar stores:hubba:

so you went with variety. cant wait for the Satori to finish. you could flower individually to stretch the prosess a bit like i do. i dont have a cam so i do do the journals sorry every body

Everything loos and sounds great D. Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. Good luck on the grow and we'll be following along. :aok:

Subscribed!!!!:hubba: :joint::bong1::bongin::bong: :48:

Day 6 in the grow and we have our first sprout, and the winner is the THxS1 for the fastest sprout race popped up this A.M about 11. I waited till the end of the day to see if any others were ready to pop out and say hello but they just not ready i guess. I'm going to give them a few more days and then pop in a few more might try to do a rock wool germination on them and see if that has any different results.

EDIT: it has come out of its shell since this pic

winner of the first to sprout race.JPG

:banana: and there is another sprout and its its the THxS1, so now i have 2 of them and am getting :mad: with the others :cry:. none of the satori have shown any signs of growth so i did a bit of digging and not one of them has even tried to pop as of yet. i soaked some rock-wool over night and put 2 of them from the soil to the rock-wool. the 3rd looked like it was starting to have a bit of spliting on one side so i left it be and recovered it. Im going to start the rest of the beans today in some rock-wool. and see what happens.

:banana: :dancing: wow what a difference a few days makes. out of 7 fresh into RW 6 Satori have rooted or are split and have their tap-root showing. Unfortunely the 3 from the first siol germination try havent and one other didnt but they are still in there so there may be hope yet :fid: but as for now i have 6 Satori and 2 THxS1 going. :D

Satori is rooting.JPG

THxS1 babies.JPG

Looks like you got a couple of nice n healthy sprouts there:)

Hope you get MANY females:hubba: :p

WM:cool:

That's great news D. :aok: Here's some GREEN MOJO to get them other;s out of the ground. ;)

Today was the big move had my first 2 Satori pop out of the RW and show me some leaf so it was time to get them babies in the soil. burried each of the cubes right into a 1 gal (roughly) potter only covered the top of the RW about 1/8" so ther eisnt too much on top of them. 2 had to be covered around as they were standing up :yay: but its off to the races now under them 19000 lumen worth of flouresant light hope for one female at least so i can make some seeds off her. I also went ahead and put the other 2 THxS1s in some RW to germ up so the total count on this grow will be upwards of 10 :hitchair: lol and i can get at most of 7-8 in at a time in the flower box so we gonna have a few tall trees in there by the end. and then its going to be the hashberry and bubbleicious show.

2 little haze sprouts happy as can be.JPG

6 baby Satori sitting in a pan.JPG

one sprouts up and says here i am.JPG

a second pops up and says were family.JPG

Latest posts

Back