pharcyde's grow numero uno

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pharcyde

Reaction score
Hey whats up everyone. I am growing in a closet with two types of lights: one 200W CFL in the 6400K color range and a 150W HPS.

I am germinating a few more seeds besides this, but I am germinating them the same way: seeds in a cup of water.

This plant is a Skunkberry that I started germinating 4 days ago and planted two days ago. It just sprouted today. I am using 16oz party cups with holes in the botom for the first couple weeks. The soil is "MG Seed Starting." It is a potting mix with mostly perlite and peat moss. 0.05-0.01-0.05

Here are the pics: germinating, part of my set up, this morning at 10AM and this afternoon at 2PM.

DSC00371.JPG

DSC00374.JPG

DSC00376.JPG

DSC00377.JPG

I will watch this with anticipation,
just like everyone else. LOL we just love to see things grow.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Man,
I almost forgot, we like to give a good headstart, and some positive thinking to new grows, Here is some GREEN MOJO
th_GreenMojo B.jpg

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

th_GreenMojo B.jpg

:D Thanks a lot KingKahuuna!! I think this one is going to be a beautiful lady!

Right now its 75 degrees Fahrenheit... temperature is gonna be the hard part of this grow I think. When both lights are on and I close the door, it goes above 80. I got a fan going, too, but it is small. So I am keeping the door open, but that isn't going to be cool when I'm flowering for light reasons.

I probably need a large fan. Anybody got some good links about small closet ventilation? I am finding help using a forum search for closet, but maybe someone knows of a good link.

Lookin great bro they will be big in no time ,skunkberry sounds greatttttt

Exactly one week since my first post and also exactly one week since this little one broke ground.

Well theres some company in there now; I added six more plants. Two of them are skunkberry and I won't name the others. ( I want to keep this thread focused on just one plant. :cool:)

Anyways, when I added the other plants I switched to 24 hour light. I realized that I was going to slow growth in the plants if I didn't, since it gets to 58 F in the dark. :eek: I can worry about that later though.

Humidity is very low, so I need to work on that. I tried the cup of frozen water with a fan and it didn't work. I'll try again with a bigger container.

I checked the PH of my water, it is between 6.6 and 6.9, and I am pretty happy about that. :)

Well here are the pics of the whole gang, the chosen one, and a close up.

DSC00386.JPG

DSC00388.JPG

DSC00390.JPG

right on, man... look'n good. don't ya hate that it takes so darn long for them to grow?

Hey, its day 14 and I just want to say thanks for checking out my journal.

Your crazy if you think these plants take a long time to grow! Check this plant out now, it grew a lot in a week.:)

Well, I transplanted this one into a larger container a few days ago. As you can see, I am using FoxFarm Ocean Forest. Organic is pretty cool, I will have to try all organic next time.

Before I loaded the soil into the pot, I sprinkled some Marine Cuisine on the bottom of the container. (Thanks E-Man! http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92992&postcount=328 ) I will let everyone know how that works out!

Once the plant was in the soil and ready to go, I gave a light dose of FoxFarm Big Bloom in the watering. ( Edit: This is not necessary. I haven't done this again and won't do it again. When I transplanted all my other plants I did not add any nutes. Mary Jane will tell you when she needs nutes.)

See you all in a week. Until then... :watchplant:

DSC00391.JPG

DSC00395.JPG

DSC00396.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00398.JPG

Plants are looking real good! do you plan any topping or LST? or all natural?

Just keep up the good work I wouldnt change a thing.

Thanks Growdude - I am going to keep this plant natural growing.

I got a few other plants in my garden and I'll be posting them around the forum as they grow. When I start a thread on another plant, I'll make sure to have a link here in my journal for everyone.:cool:

For some reason I though it said add FoxFarm big bloom when transplanting on the bottle, but I was imagining things. Although I did see that somewhere... not sure where. :eek:

Anyways, I noticed small orange spots where the stem meets the leaf (the beginning of the leaf). My bad. No big deal. I edited my post above and won't be doing that again.

I think my friend said he can get Kush tonight. Word.

pharcyde said:
Exactly one week since my first post and also exactly one week since this little one broke ground.

Well theres some company in there now; I added six more plants. Two of them are skunkberry and I won't name the others. ( I want to keep this thread focused on just one plant. :cool:)

Hey Farside :)
I love the looks of the skunkberry, if it's the one from peakseeds...I'm doing the equivilant of the northern berry, (well hopefully in a week), building the grow room right now. Those look like sweet young ladies already...Good luck with your grow!!! :D

Today is the last day of veg and in a few hours or so, my plants will be without light for their first 12 hours.

I think my Skunkberry has gotten its curious roots into the marine cuisine and got a little nute burn. :( The other plants don't show these burns but they are younger and have less marine cuisine at the bottom of their pots.

Well, no big deal, I am not going to transplant again, so...

Yippie! Flowering time!! :D

Pic 1-3: Skunkberry in Veg at day 42
Pic 4: The rest of the gang.

DSC00446.JPG

DSC00448.JPG

DSC00449.JPG

DSC00443.JPG

Day 50 total.

At this point, I decided to do a soil test. The PH was in a good range (i don't remember) but the N was surplus. Check the first pic for the test result.

So I guess I lied in the last post since I ended up transplanting into fresh soil ..at day 50, lol.:eek:

Well it is happy in its new soil, as you can see in the next two pics.

And finally a garden shot.

Heres the pics!

DSC00464.JPG

DSC00468.JPG

DSC00469.JPG

DSC00467.JPG

Day 61 total.

Five females out of six plants total.:woohoo::yay:

I'm happy with the results, peakseedsbc is the best!;)

Well the male is gone now, but it was a Skunk plant (only one in my garden) It was the tallest one, so I wasn't all that suprized.

Well now the Skunkberry of this journal is the tallest and is definitely female, heres some pics.

Pic 1: The ladies....
Most right is the Skunkberry (tallest)
Most left is another Skunkberry
Center is another Skunkberry (16 oz party cup)
Closest to the camera is Northernskunk
Furthest away is Blueberry

Pic 2: the Skunkberry, flash
Pic 3: the Skunkberry, no flash

DSC00512.JPG

DSC00517.JPG

DSC00518.JPG

Hey there pharcyde. The grow is going fantastic. The ladies are looking very good. You had a good male to female ratio. Very good actually. Make sure to keep us posted on the grow my friend. Take care.

Latest posts

Back