Is Hydro-grown bud better than outdoor/indoor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Im gonna have to go with widow on this one. Ive tasted both, some with taste some without. `Some smelt some didnt. So I think it depends on the grower/strain. Just cause it smells great doesnt mean it get you high.

Thanks
SALT

I wish hydro didnt smell then I wouldnt need an 8 inch fan and the biggest carbon filter I could find:watchplant: Drying ak in a 10X5 OH STINKY

If you give the plant everything it wants it will be it's best. I regularly grow a clone outside and one inside to compare and I have to say that my hydro plants taste and smell better with a stronger high. I get a lot more yield outdoors due to larger plants. If weather would stay nice longer maybe the plants could mature longer for more flavor and potency. Farther south could be different.
Indoors my soil and hydro plants are comparable in potency and taste but not yield, hyro yields better. .

hydro is just for a cleaner quicker growing weed no dout better flavor its just like saying charcoal gas each has there ups each has there downs but i still say gas better then any burnt charcoal taste anyday so thats your opinion from me stick with hydro ;D

oltomnoddy said:
I'll check that bet, and raise you a bet.:cool: :hubba:
im with you. Never said hydro doent smell, just organic soil buds and outdoor weed smells better, to me! thats an opinion, from all the buds ive seen

I'm sorry, this is just too interesting and I must chime in with my 2 cents.

When we look at the determining factors light, water, nutes and air, the only thing that seperates hydro and soil is the actual medium. Having experience growing both I will say that IMHO, the major differences are the growth rates and yeilds. These can both be explained by what the roots have to do get access to water and nutes. In soil the roots have to work harder, thus spending more growth energy below the medium.

I always hear soil growers saying that their buds taste much better then hydro grown buds, but if they are using chemical nutes then they are feeding their plants the same thing as hydro growers do. The problem that hydro growers have sometimes with taste is that they have not properly flushed all of the chemical nutes out of the plant, as hydro grown plants usually have a higher concentration of nutes because it is easier for their roots to absorb the nutes.
Soil grown plants have a harder time absorbing nutes especially at the end of their life cycles because they are probably starting to get root bound if they are not fully root bound already. This makes it much easier to flush and all of the soil grown plants nutrient stores get used more readily.

IMHO, the only way to really improve the taste of well grown soil or hydro cannabis is to use Organic nutes, and remove the hash chemicals.

As for outdoor grows, I believe that growing outdoors is the best way to grow, taking advantage of the sun, natural co2 and other elements. The problem is that those same elements can be your down fall. There has to be some level of environmental control, to grow outdoor plants that will rival finely grown indoor MJ, IMHO.

This year I am setting up what I feel is the best of all worlds. I bought a greenhouse for my backyard, which is very private. I am going to use this greenhouse this year with a soiless mix of coco, vermiculite and perlite. I am going to control the entire environment but still benefit from all of the natural elements. I have bought 300w of solar panels, and made a cheap solar generator to run my fans and blowers and pumps. I will be using all organic nutes from Advanced Nutrients.

So technically I will be growing true organic, HYDROPONIC buds under the great halide in the sky. This should be good.

I used a homemade passive solar greenhouse last year, with soil and got great results, I love greenhouses, even up here in Canada I can start my clones in early april under the sun.

BY the way, I am a Canadian medical user so I do not have to worry about the cops, just robbers, and my yard is very concelled but gets great sun. I am so excited.

hydro is the best weed ive ever smoked. best all around smoke. ive been smoking some medical hydro and oh my God this stuff is awesome...motivated to grow hydro..

Od organic tastes the best to me. I cannot attet to well grown hydro yet, the stuff that floats around here is sub-par. I will know in about five more weeks.

Stoney Bud said:
There is a lot of confusion about what hydroponic growing does for plants.

I'll try to explain it.

Perfect marijuana would be when a plant has received the most light that it can possibly use genetically and the most nutrients in the right proportions that it can possibly use genetically and the perfect amount of water.

Nature seldom gives a plant all that a plant is capable of using. The nutrients are either too few, too dilute or in the wrong proportions. The light is sometimes blocked, or too shaded or causes too much heat on the plant.

This is the value of hydroponics. Using hydroponics, the water, oxygen, nutrients, light and temperature can all be adjusted to provide as much of each variable as the plant can use. This enables the plant to reach it's full potential in size, potency and quantity of bud.

Only aeroponics can provide more perfect growing conditions than hydroponics. Actually, aeroponics is just another type of hydroponics.

Some hybrid soil grows are approaching the effectiveness of hydroponics. Advanced nutrients and soil additives make soil growing much better than what nature supplies as well.

I hope this cleared some of the misconceptions up about hydro.

this guy has hit the nail on the head:)

naturally you cannot and never will produce potent product....and anyone to disagree with this probably has never smoked properly grown hydroponics....

and again properly grown....95% of the "hydroponic products" you find out there are produced by blind idiots ....

Hydroponics simply allows you to manipulate the enviroment so that everything is perfect....more thc, cleaner produce (yes hydroponic is cleaner because you can literally flush system ussing whatever to flush where as soil/naturally you cant flush nearly as well), larger yields, faster yields...

i tend to find people who are ignorant enough to suggest naturally grown product "tastes" better are simply set in there ways and trying to show them the way is a lost cause...

"I always hear soil growers saying that their buds taste much better then hydro grown buds, but if they are using chemical nutes then they are feeding their plants the same thing as hydro growers do. The problem that hydro growers have sometimes with taste is that they have not properly flushed all of the chemical nutes out of the plant, as hydro grown plants usually have a higher concentration of nutes because it is easier for their roots to absorb the nutes.
Soil grown plants have a harder time absorbing nutes especially at the end of their life cycles because they are probably starting to get root bound if they are not fully root bound already. This makes it much easier to flush and all of the soil grown plants nutrient stores get used more readily."

that is a noob comment....

root bound makes it easier to flush are you seriously this retarded???

the problem hydro growers have is they have too much chemicals to flush??

jesus christ get off the drugs before you make such stupid remarks ....

aeroponics is the cleanest way to grow marijuana at present date...more specifically suspension/aeroponics....

suspension is where there is no medium used ....typically a wire holds the plant in place and suspension/aeroponics the roots would then be misted with the nutrients/water (depending on what day it is)

as i stated maybe where you live the hydroponically grown weed is grown by sum retarded monkeys who *think* by pushing nutrients into there plants 24/7, 7 days a week will get them more quality/yield but in my circle of friends we tend to stick to what works best:)

some will give nutrients 3 days straight then 32 hours of flush then 3 days straight...this is the best that i found with rechange of liquids durring flush half way thru the 32 hours (ussing straight water ph balanced to match nutrients ph level, redone 16 hours in to flush even better) myself i find 5 days straight feed with 2 days of flushing and again half way thru flushing ussing clean liquids/water does nearly as well with 1/2 the work...

soil growers can never do this.....impossible....they could flush 5 days straight and still the ppm level would be 5-10 times that of hydroponics...

typically the water i use has 50-75 ppm and after changing out the nutrients and flushing twice (for two days) each week my ppm will be within 10 (somehow it has shown lower...suggesting on 2nd day any solids in water/flush liquids gets absorbed by the healthy plants.....which suggests to me they were properly flushed)....soil could never do this.....if you fed them with say 1200 ppm nutrients and then tested the soil or better yet flushed them 5 days straight then measured the flush before/after going thru the soil medium even after 5 days of flushing the difference woudl certainly never be less or within 10 ppm.....i bet it would be 50-75 ppm and after 250-500 ppm ....

organics is simply a caveman method of growing used by people too lazy or too stupid to understand hydroponics....

BOY O'HOWDEE.. "OPINIONATED" AT BEST..
"STUPID"... "RETARDED".. "IGNORANT".. directed at any member is prohibited at MP. Please take the time to review our rules and our manner of conduct here during your short and temporary suspension of posting "privileges"

i agree with massproducer. a greenhouse is the optimum way. preferably a greenhouse with artificial lighting for those cloudy days. i have a plant that is in rockwool growing outside, i water it every 2 days about a gallon of 700 ppm of nutrients

Outside.jpg

I perfer Indoor. I personally have yet to see any outdoor top the best indoor. I don't think it could happen.

Lets talk value. Indoor fetches a higher price then outdoor...allways. Higher THC content.

Latest posts

Back