hello forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowpages

Reaction score
Firstly please excuse the name, i couldnt think of one and the local business pages were holding my monitor still... genius... im also very surprised ive made it this far,I'm a technophobe and my eyes glazed over on the page when it ask's you a date of birth,luckily my 11yr old had his phone on him and was able to direct me the rest of the way. anyway here i am and like others i guess im on a quest for answers firstly we've just back from a 3 week holiday in holland and my neibour (old hippy chick) has been watering my stash that ive been keeping on my window sill in the kitchen,They were only tiny babies when we left now there like basketball players with 2 or 3 sets of leaves max and about a foot and a half to 2 foot,Ill get some pictures done soon as my brother wakes up So the question is what now,am im destined to own a lanky plants,could i top them and make more leaves etc.. please any advice will help,i know theres a hole wealth of info on here but im a real stoner and i get lost in our bathroom let alone the minefield they call the internet oh by the way my real names moonstone,friends call me moon

Hello Yellowpages :)

I guess its better than calling yourself Yellowsnow ;)

You have stretch, its caused by lack of light.

Get some pics to us and we can go from there.

Welcome to the forum :)

:peace:

howdy there moon you have come to the right place ! as hippy has said some pics of your micheal jordans will certainly be useful ! what is your lighting info i.e lumens and times ! and how far away are the lights from the top of ya babes give as much info possible and we can help yyeee

Thanks for replying quickly,

ive hopefully added some pictures of a couple of them for you to look at,Even with my bro's help and a fat bowl its been a journey so please forgive if we messed up

sorry forgot to mention these have been sat on the windowsill in the kitchen so just mother nature to thank so far

bendyside.jpg

lankyside.jpg

mjlanky.jpg

side.jpg

side2.jpg

tlside.jpg

toplady.jpg

You should be seeing pubes any day now. They're stretched but not that bad. Get some wind--oscillating fan--on them or they are going to start falling over. Also, you might want to start looking for a bigger container; you're about grown out of that one already. Peace and luck.

Hello again :)

You need a pot 5 times that size and you need to bury the plant down to the red mark.

You need light and lots of it.

Are you planning on growing this outside?

Your plant is not sexually mature enough yet to show its sex.

:peace:

2 2 Yellowsnow.JPG

hi there moon everything that pencilhead said ! and some lighting info as well ! are you using any nutrients/ ferts at all if you could give us some NPK levels as well would be awesome ! gently with the fan ! to increase the stalk strength to hold up the buds that are coming ! peace !

Thank-You guys

I intially intended just planting a few seeds id collected and didnt think they would grow,now ive go to this stage i understand the hardwork now begins

Ive been reading all day today in the forum and im completely out of my depth,lumens,base minerals,LST,scrogging,NPK levels to name but a few are somewhat alien to this stoner,Up to now the only knowledge ive had is how to load my next bowl however Ive now had a mellow smoke ive had around for a while and its slowing sinking in

My intentions now are first and formost,Repot in much bigger square pots and reposition in a 4ft/h x 4ft/l x 3ft/w cubby hole,ive got a bathroom extractor fan that feels perfect and blows about as hard as id feel safe on the plants,Exaust or fresh air ???

ive got mirror tiles, Worth using or decent quality white paint ?

As for lighting ive got a 30wtt strip light which i thought would be ok(how wrong) Ive got 2 security lights both 350wtts if memory serves me right..will they do ? while i ask the boss (my wife) if she minded investing in something more appropriate

im still reading and really appreciating your replys,I'll do the journal as soon as ive achieved my initial goals and look forward to any help along this magical journey

Moon

so much to explain
but, those lights most definitly wont work.
youll need to have enough light either given to you
by CFLs, flourescents or an HID lamp. cfls are compact flourescents
just because its high watt doesnt at all mean its good for growing weed.
it just means that its a costly light.

yellowpages said:
Thank-You guys

I intially intended just planting a few seeds id collected and didnt think they would grow,now ive go to this stage i understand the hardwork now begins

Ive been reading all day today in the forum and im completely out of my depth,lumens,base minerals,LST,scrogging,NPK levels to name but a few are somewhat alien to this stoner,Up to now the only knowledge ive had is how to load my next bowl however Ive now had a mellow smoke ive had around for a while and its slowing sinking in

My intentions now are first and formost,Repot in much bigger square pots and reposition in a 4ft/h x 4ft/l x 3ft/w cubby hole,ive got a bathroom extractor fan that feels perfect and blows about as hard as id feel safe on the plants,Exaust or fresh air ???

ive got mirror tiles, Worth using or decent quality white paint ?

As for lighting ive got a 30wtt strip light which i thought would be ok(how wrong) Ive got 2 security lights both 350wtts if memory serves me right..will they do ? while i ask the boss (my wife) if she minded investing in something more appropriate

im still reading and really appreciating your replys,I'll do the journal as soon as ive achieved my initial goals and look forward to any help along this magical journey

Moon

Your 3 smartest investments need to be pH supplies, lights and nutes. That'll give you verticle sucess plus volume and quality. I'm pretty much still a noob myself, so wait until one of the cupboard growers come along--he'll have all the answers for you. I've read--on the reliable internet--that mirrors have pin point defects that will cause hot spots, much like the shiny side of tin-foil.

Boy oh boy have i been stuck in a time warp or something,,

just been checking prices for sorting out some lights and well even a big fat bowl didnt prepare me for the stuff i found,

Let me get this into prspective a minute, My plants are from old seeds id collected from some cracking weed over the years so ive not really invested anything

i want to get some lights on them as directed by the forum but geeezz even a light holder was like 25 quid,cant i just have 4 or so 75 watt evergy saver bulbs in such a small space ?

wont just having complete darkness 12 hrs a day and then the 4x 75watt induce flowering

i mean dont get me wrong if someone else punted some of there hard work out to cover there costs then thats fair enough but i just intended a mellow smoke sitting in self gratification on my own stash,reading some of the setups and hps etc prices almost made me fall of my chair

how about a hippy built greenhouse outside and let mother nature help me on the quest

please help getting way out of my debth now

moon

I agree HIE but as this is my first attempt and im this far ive decided to give it a go with 6 x 100 wt (1200lms each) in a aircooled canopy(expert advice on this forum)

Ultra bright white paint and exhausted by
Xpelair DX100PC Extractor Fan via a 4 inch hole to outside, Havent decided yet to have another inlet fan with fresh air but will have a fan to produce movement for the plants,There is passive air via to points

got a ph meter and a temp and humid weather station (desktop) and within about 4 weeks should have earned enough browny points from her in doors to get the sodium light for flowering

Reading up on nutrition etc

so that said will i be ok or am i doomed to fail its about as much as we can afford right now and getting the growing bug seems more and more likely as the days go by

moon

Hello my friend.yellowpages...Run with what ya got..and build upon it as you grow..thats how i roll:lama;..and we will help when we can..take care and be safe

Thanks im doing the best an old hippy can

im just about to create a hood with stainless steel and found a can of One Coat Appliance Paint White that they sell at a local diy store, The 2 things im worried about is this paint close to the heat and the fact its got a high VOC level

Anyone used it before or have any idea's of future problems with fumes etc

also paint for the walls textured/matt/satin or another fat bong and grab the brightest white possible and stop thinking about it so much, Its taking over my life already but im enjoying every second..:watchplant:

Moon

:ciao: YP...will have a hard time keeping that paint on the stainless steel..IMO..as for the walls just get some cheap high gloss white paint..I giveing a link to how I was when I satarted growing..im not as giddy anymore..but still enjoy looking at them naked:giggle: take care and be safe my friend and maybe we should have a Mod move this to a Grow Journal..sounds as though its the start of a great one:lama:

Latest posts

Back