Melvanetics BeP and Super Buckeye grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i lopped off the top of the BeP(per Mel's recommendation that the BeP does not like much training) and started to LST the Super Buckeyes.

So the Purple buckeye likes topping and the super buckeye likes LST? I think that's what you mean lol.

Looking good bro positive vibes all the way

Mel said the purp likes to be topped and the super buckeye is good with mostly any grow method. All the pics I have seen of the purp have like 5 or 6 big buds. I have always lst'd my plants. I posted that somewhere and she gave me that tip.

been out of town for a few days. the plants looked thirsty and a little hungry. one of the super buckeyes may have gotten too close to the lights. need to stress with my sons to be diligent about checking the plants at least 2x a day. gave them another light feeding with about 1/2 the recommended dosage. the soil was a lot drier than it should be. in all fairness to my sons, we got a ton of snow and they have been taking care of that the past couple of days...

View attachment IMG_0312.jpg

View attachment IMG_0311.jpg

View attachment IMG_0310.jpg

View attachment IMG_0309.jpg

i am tired. maybe some nute burn on one of the super buckeyes??? doh!

i am tired. maybe some nute burn on one of the super buckeyes??? doh!

Things are looking great in here. Nute burn where, I see some leaves that are yellowing a lil, due to sitting on the soil, but other than that, girls look terrific. Look out for that snow.

2nd pic from the bottom(or third from the top whichever way you like to count from ;) ). the newest leaf tips are a little yellowish.

2nd pic from the bottom(or third from the top whichever way you like to count from ;) ). the newest leaf tips are a little yellowish.

Don't adjust nutes, that could have occurred when the watering stopped, those leaves are looking thirsty still. Don't know what temps the cab is either but I would rather see signs of over watering than under watering.

The stress of over watering makes the plant have to cope with it, I step the heat up, decrease the humidity and increase the transpiration rate.

With under watering you're shutting the entire plant down, it goes into survival mode, not good.

thanks lyfe. i know they are too dry and spoke to my sons about that. hopefully that will not happen again. the temp in the tent was about 76 when i got home. the rh was 36. i just gave each 3 gallon pot 2 and a half liters of water slowly over the course of an hour and a half so it would soak into the soil well. i took a pic of the burnt leaf tips. i also took a pic of the buckeye purple which though you can't see it from the pic, is showing a little bit of purple already!

View attachment IMG_0314.jpg

View attachment IMG_0313.jpg

thanks lyfe. i know they are too dry and spoke to my sons about that. hopefully that will not happen again. the temp in the tent was about 76 when i got home. the rh was 36. i just gave each 3 gallon pot 2 and a half liters of water slowly over the course of an hour and a half so it would soak into the soil well. i took a pic of the burnt leaf tips. i also took a pic of the buckeye purple which though you can't see it from the pic, is showing a little bit of purple already!

It's just very minor burning, just move forward like nothing happened, nothing to adjust but the hydration level.

With your temps and RH you should be watering those smart pots from the top every 3-4 day, and have water in the trays daily from the bottom. Realize that your girls are making up for the external environment, internally.

It would be one thing to water every other day or less if your temps were lower and the humidity higher. But since it's not, let's give the girls everything they need to do themselves internally.

Think like a plant.

i don't have them in trays actually. i had a bad experience with runoff getting contaminated during my first grow(and killing 2 plants) so i am paranoid about that. i have them up on some grates so the bottoms of the felt pots do not stay immersed in the runoff. maybe since they are so young and recently transplanted, i should shoot for the bottoms to stay moist to encourage roots to reach deeper?

i don't have them in trays actually. i had a bad experience with runoff getting contaminated during my first grow(and killing 2 plants) so i am paranoid about that. i have them up on some grates so the bottoms of the felt pots do not stay immersed in the runoff. maybe since they are so young and recently transplanted, i should shoot for the bottoms to stay moist to encourage roots to reach deeper?

Thinking like a plant now, roots will always go down for water.

To stimulate growth why always top water?

They should only sit in the run off for hours not days. The runoff should be able to be drawn up in 24 hours. If not just pour it out and water less

i will give that a go. need to find some trays for the pots first though...

12 it is. thanks lyfespan.

the plants are staying really compact. my last couple of grows, at a month from sowing, the plants were a bit taller and had a little bit of stretch going to them. i am worried that i am stunting their growth. i raised the lights and put a dehumidifier in the room the tent is in to boost the heat and lower the humidity. think that will increase their growth rate?

looking good oldfogey...ya there are slow....i topped mine and it is taking some time to adjust to that...and i also fried it with anamax(sp)...made a really stupid mistake and did not dilute it ...
keep it up,,,doing a good job...

the plants are staying really compact. my last couple of grows, at a month from sowing, the plants were a bit taller and had a little bit of stretch going to them. i am worried that i am stunting their growth. i raised the lights and put a dehumidifier in the room the tent is in to boost the heat and lower the humidity. think that will increase their growth rate?

Do not raise the light unless you have leaves touching it, stretch comes from the plants trying to get more light.

Tight, compact growth is what you want, those nodes as close as possible. They will get taller and "open" up more once you flip. You need to just watch to make sure roots are coming thru the pots, if you want to check the plants health. Roots grow faster than the tops, if you don't see roots, then you get nervous.

Dropping the humidity will work if you keep the plants on the wetter side, but the temps for low humidity have to stay below 80, and by low humidity I mean below 35%

i was being an idiot and had my thermometer/hygrometer resting on the soil. no wonder the humidity was high... moved the t/h and have a remote sensor on it that shows temp and i have the probe dangling at plant height. humidity in the tent is 35 and temp is 73.5.

Latest posts

Back