Melvanetics BeP and Super Buckeye grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any ideas what is going on? it looks to me like cal mag deficiency but i always seem to think that... this discoloration is mainly on older leaves. lower def pics due to a different camera. sorry. 1st 2 pics are a super buckeye. 3rd and 4th is buckeye purple. last one is the super buckeye again. thanks for any help.

Girls look great, those leaves yellowing at the bottom look like they have had some time in the soil, and the ones with the spots look like you might be misting plants when the lights are on.

Don't concern yourself with the older leaves, you want to watch the new leaves to she what your girls want. I'm seeing them requiring a lil more N, by the look of the light yellowing on the new growth. Other than that they look lovely. Do you have a small fan cooling the canopy? I like to have a small fan to move the heat from the tubes out of my canopy area .

Have you checked the soil ph? They look locked out.

Are you making sure the boys are following the wet/dry cycle? Buckets should lose 2/3rds of their fully saturated weight between waterings. Are they over watering now to make up for letting them go dry earlier?

thanks lyfespan and mel. we are not spraying at all. we have an exhaust fan to circulate air in and out of the tent. not sure of the cfm but i have it throttled down a bit to keep some heat in the tent. i think part of my issue is the temp in the tent. it is in the low 70's like 71 or 72. the ph of the water is still like 6.3. we may not be letting them dry out enough. the plant i am calling burnie because of the root tip burns is the largest of the super buckeyes. the smaller one is the one with the spots. mel said that they are f1's so the variations could be all over the place. the new growth looks good if maybe a little light green so i gave them some nitrogen today in the form of gh bio thrive grow. i have 2 fans blowing on the plants at this point to circulate the air. i also added another 2 bulb 4 ft t5 to make it 6 total in hopes of warming the tent up a bit. thank you mel and lyfespan for you help. i am not around enough and my sons were a little freaked out when they say the spots on the leaves but after looking at them today, i am a bit more chill. i am hoping the added lumens and the heat will help the plants get bigger and happier faster.

yikes! the extra 2 bulbs cranked the temp from 72 to 80! just ramped up my exhaust fan to pull more heat out...

5 weeks from seed. the plant i am calling burnie due to the leaf tip burn is the monster of the bunch. the other super buckeye is still outpacing the buckeye purple. the extra t5 fixture has warmed the tent up nicely and i have the exhaust balanced not to maintain a nice 75-76 degree atmosphere for them. the humidity is still in the low to mid 30s but as i understand it, that is good for transpiration. first pic is the broad view. 2nd pic is burnie. third pic is the purple. 4th pic is the smaller super buckeye. 5th-7th are burnie, purp and smaller super...

btw - burnie is a drinker. i give them all the same amount of water and burnie is almost dry the next day. probably more growth = more transpiration...

and the bulbs i added are 10000 kelvin with uva. those are on the two outside positions

View attachment IMG_0345.jpg

View attachment IMG_0346.jpg

View attachment IMG_0347.jpg

View attachment IMG_0348.jpg

View attachment IMG_0349.jpg

View attachment IMG_0350.jpg

View attachment IMG_0352.jpg

so i was meddling around in the tent this morning and i noticed that burnie is starting to show signs of sexual maturity. the nodes are growing out where i topped it and those nodes are starting to alternate instead of coming out in pairs. i am still on 24 hours of light for at least a few more weeks.

my buckeye purple is not looking happy at all... the super buckeyes are doing quite well though. not sure what is going on. looks like she might need some nutes to me but i thought this strain was not a big feeder. my water i am using is around 6.3 for ph. the temp is now in the mid 70's. the rh was a bit low at 28 when i got home this morning. and feedback would be awesome...

first 2 pics are of the BeP between first burnie then the smaller super buckeye. then the BeP, burnie the super buckeye, 2 more of the smaller super buckeye, a side shot of the BeP and one of burnie.

View attachment IMG_0353.jpg

View attachment IMG_0354.jpg

View attachment IMG_0355.jpg

View attachment IMG_0356.jpg

View attachment IMG_0357.jpg

View attachment IMG_0358.jpg

View attachment IMG_0359.jpg

View attachment IMG_0360.jpg

6 weeks from planting the seeds. i started to give the buckeye purple foliar feeding. it may be optimism but i think it is looking happier. i have also started to use water with a higher ph(about 6.6) though the breeder has recommended i go the other way. the super buckeye is looking hardy as ever. hoping i can flip them at 8 weeks but i am not optimistic on that. i only have the one grow area so it is all or none unless i decide to have a houseplant for a while...

View attachment IMG_0366.jpg

View attachment IMG_0365.jpg

View attachment IMG_0364.jpg

View attachment IMG_0363.jpg

View attachment IMG_0362.jpg

View attachment IMG_0361.jpg

i think the buckeye purple is getting better. we have been feeding with a foliar mild nutrient spray. the super buckeyes are monsters. we started giving the purp some darkness to try to stimulate some stretch today. we are also working on tying the supers down but it is a chore. a good chore...

View attachment IMG_0371.jpg

View attachment IMG_0372.jpg

View attachment IMG_0374.jpg

View attachment IMG_0376.jpg

View attachment IMG_0377.jpg

View attachment IMG_0378.jpg

View attachment IMG_0379.jpg

View attachment IMG_0380.jpg

Looking much better, takes a lil time, but these girls usually come around. You got to be really messing up to put them down.

Those SBEs are really looking nice.

Btw if you're looking for stretching, just move the light up.

Stretching, growers are referring to the plant growing longer between nodes, because the light is too high, hence the plant "stretching"up towards the light.

thanks lyfe. i don't want the supers to stretch. just the purple. i need it to get a bit closer to the height of the supers and kind of quickly. i am going out of town for a couple of weeks shortly and i don't want my sons to be in a bad position while i am gone. i'd like to start flowering before i leave for my trip. otherwise, i am afraid the supers will take over the basement while i am gone...

thanks lyfe. i don't want the supers to stretch. just the purple. i need it to get a bit closer to the height of the supers and kind of quickly. i am going out of town for a couple of weeks shortly and i don't want my sons to be in a bad position while i am gone. i'd like to start flowering before i leave for my trip. otherwise, i am afraid the supers will take over the basement while i am gone...

Gotcha, yes those supers will be getting just a bit bigger lol

yes, cleanbuds. that cat is obsessed with the tent and the plants. he is methodically consuming all my house plants.

in an effort to encourage the buckeye purple to stretch out a bit, i gave the plant about 6 hours of exposure to a 26 watt 2700 kelvin bulb. it is back in the tent but i swapped out 2 of the 10000 kelvin bulbs for 2 3000 kelvin bulbs. so i have 2 10000 kelvin with uv a bulbs, 2 10000 kelvin w/o uv and 2 3000 kelvin 4 ft 75 bulbs. i know the 10000 kelvin bulbs are supposed to keep the plants kind of compact so i wonder if they have been part of my problem if the plant has a genetic predisposition to be short and squat anyway.

also, i believe the spritzing of the buckeye purple with diluted nutes for a foliar feed is helping. i am getting quite a bit of new healthy growth going. or it could be the ph. or the lighting. or the plants age. or aliens are helping out. i don't know. i change too many parameters too frequently to be able to call any of this scientific method...

thanks tangiedank but er, under your name it says 'everything i say is fake'... ;)

btw- checked out your grow journal. very impressive.

Did you post positive vibes in his grow log old fogey?

Your grow is coming along nicely . How far away are you from flipping to 12/12?

i think i added to his reputation. looks like he is beyond the need for any positive vibes. he has french baguette size colas! lol! he looks like he is a ringer... ;)

i am going to let them go until at least early march. i am going out of the country for a couple weeks at just the wrong time. story of my life. but i don't want to strap my sons with anything weird when i am not around so i may wait until i am back. that will give the purple a chance to catch up. it looks like the higher ph and/or the foliar nutes and/or the change in bulb wavelength has made a difference. the little plant that couldn't is starting to look like the little plant that might...

Latest posts

Back