small catepillars in product

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
am a little concerned about lil catplrs in trimmed weed. found more buried deep in buds this year. although a half dozen came out after trimming, while hanging, drying. i am sure there are more hiding in buds in glass jar. don't know if they will die at 65% r.h. or they are hibernating or multiplying in finished weed. thanks

Doesn't sound good. I wouldn't know personally.

Wherever they go they leave behind ****! They can cause bud rot and mold to form. Not sure how to handle it while drying, but I removed all the immediately effected areas while flowering. The little buggers almost ruined several plants...

That's a pitfall from not properly drying before trimming... if the flowers are dry the caterpillars will leave... I've never seen them eat dry weed or hang around after the chop... they feed on living plants

as mentioned, most concerning is the damage they leave behind.
they eat, crap, and rot the bud.

hope you checked that stuff over real good. my assumption is; if you missed some budworms, you likely missed some rot too (which can be devastating during cure)
i'd be breaking out the fine tooth comb ;)

You have to get them while trimming. This is the first year i have had those little blank s o b's. Not pleased about them at all. I don't have any in my jars...YUCK... you better dump your jars and go thru it... Next time look for a dying fan leaf on the colas. that is where the egg was layed and the worm was hatched.. The pot looks a little dead there and that spreads if you don't get it.

Ewww

Get rid of the bud. All of it. Then clean the grow area. I'm pretty sure mold is bad for the lungs. Tuff break. My last harvest I jarred to soon and not in proper jars. Had an ok taste but it couldn't do anything for my pain. Now I got the ball jars. My next sweety is going to be sweet!

That's a pitfall from not properly drying before trimming... if the flowers are dry the caterpillars will leave... I've never seen them eat dry weed or hang around after the chop... they feed on living plants

YES! they mostly left while drying. while snipping into glass jars i noticed a couple VERY small ctplrs still hanging in there. also noticed where there was minor bud rot , a worm still hiding deep inside. i am sure there are more. gonna spreads it out for 1 day, although hate to at 65%.the cure will be over.. there is no mold left. buds are small. thanks

just found a giant 1 3/4 in. long green fat worm in 1 of my young 12 in. tall plants. noticed the top 4 in., drooped, dead and when i looked closer,on my hand he appeared. She crawled from my dry hanging bud, 10 ft. and up 30 in. table and made a new home . damn!! reads years ago, when u bring outdoor plants in , u bring the outdoors in with it. thats a 1st for me..

they're not burrowing in m8, they're hatching out.
the momma (moth's in my area) laid her eggs on the bud as it was developing.

If you have a 2 inch worm you have two inches of worm **** too and dead leaves. You have to be diligent when you look at the bud you are harvesting, you need to keep an eye out for powdery mildew, frass and bugs and worms. I make people helping me wear their glasses, we are old though. I lost 1/3 of my colas on one plant this year. Keep your eye out..

Guess I should count my blessings only having to fight the BORG! (spider mites) with my indoor grow.

thanks for the perspective... sorry for your bud loss :cry:

:48:

Thanks Joe, i had a few cola's so not a big loss for me. But could devastate a small grow. I am going to get cola condoms for next year!LOLOLOL I can't be out there at dusk when the moth lays the egg, so we need to invent COLA CONDOMS!!!!! Get on that JOe, will ya?

My suggestion is find a crop they like better and plant a few in around your OD, hopefully you can draw them away and to a different food source?

Yeah that! Fight em with kindness. Use their never ending hunger against them! Kraven using that noggin today!

They like CBD variety's. No one willing to work on worm condoms?

ya see... guys HATE condoms period end of story!!

We don't want to think, deal, create or heaven forbid, use one if at ALL possible.

:48:

Ok thanks Joe, but i think there is a market. We could call them something else...I am telling you, there is money to be made. What are the big organic farms using???

Yes, like those doc! Thank you. I am doing some research now.. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back