Cannabutter potency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I have a tub of cannabutter that I made from the trim and the whole rest of my plants. I use everything. Fan leaves, stalks, branches. The whole kit and kaboodle. I put about 500 grams of that with 500 grams to about the same weight of coconut oil. The brownies I bake I use about 170 grams of cannabutter and I get 70 brownies out of it so about 2.5 grams per brownie. 1 gets me pretty stoned. I see that commercially purchased edibles list mg of THC. How many milligrams of THC does it take to get baked for most people? Trying to figure out if my brownies are typical or weak by comparison. Thanks in advance...

Most edible companies use a hash oil extract and not raw trim to make their products, and the reason they do is because it is the only way to know how much THC is actually going into the baked goods. With that said, 50 mg is about where a mild buzz is felt by me. 100mg is about right for me. I make hash or rso that is already decarbed and use it.

A pretty standard dose is considered 10-20mg.
tolerance is a huge factor. as a daily dabber i go 100+ (usually 200+) regularly to get that fuzzy all over feeling.

i believe east coast labs in pawtucket would be able to test a sample of your butter (tests run about $50 if i recall). dm me if you want the guy's contact info...

Thanks umbra and 'cheese. My brownies are a hit with people I have shared them with. I figured tolerance and physiology in general are big factors in the overall effect but wanted to get some feedback on what people who eat commercially available treats find is a good dose. Based on that, I'm guessing I have around 50 mg per 2.5 grams of butter. I don't sell the brownies and don't plan on it but if my math is correct, I think a pan of brownies is worth about $350 if each treat sold for $5. I like growing and I like to cook and my treats help people with their pain and give them a really nice buzz to boot. How the heck can this be illegal??? Thanks again.

the standard commercial dose is generally considered starting at 10mg, and you'll find prices ranging from under a buck in some areas to $10 in others. You'll also find package sizes that vary, and contain many servings.

in my experience 40+ seems to be the sweet spot (for experienced smokers) since many people want to possibly eat a couple.

I've seen 100mg cookies range from $8-$45.

Local dispensary carries quite a few different edibles, but the highest dosed is a brownie with 550 mg of THC for $20

That's awesome. In the northeast we get killed on that stuff. A 100mg cookie at my dispensary is $45 for a single I believe. We seem to be lucky to get 10mg for $10 on lower dose, but that's here. I know people in neighboring states paying almost 1/10 what we are...

*today they had a 54mg cookie for $25

Latest posts

Back