How do I Install wires for a wall socket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rami

Reaction score
I bought 2 150watt hps lights and one 70w. But they do not come wit wires for a wall socket...the 150 watt ones has 3 wires comin out from wall mount thing...one black and one white and a copper colored one...i was wondering if i can be able to install a wire and wall socket plug to these lights so i can plug em in the wall . does anyone kno how to do that?

NEED SOME HELP PLZ ASAP...SEEDS ARE IN THE GERMINATION PROCESS AS WE SPEAK..IM IN NEED FOR THE LIGHTS.

heres what to do:

go to an ELECTRICAL supply store and get some
- 12/2 s.o. cord(enough to reach the wall outlet you are using 3 times for the 3 lights)
- (3) extension cord repair plugs
- some yellow buchannon wire nuts

strip the ends of the s.o. cord and at the lights connect black to black, white to white, and copper to green( bare or green colored wire is allways the ground)

the plugs attach to the other ends of your s.o. cords and you plug them into your wall outlet or timer and your up and running. the repair plugs should come with instructions. theyre pretty simple. s.o. cord is made for lighting, among other things and is the best thing to use. you can private message me if you run into any problems and i can talk you thru any steps you get hung up on. we are all here to help.

well i went to menards...and to tell u the truth...i dont kno how the hell they hire electricians like that...the ******* didnt kno wat an s.o cord is...and he didnt get me anything from the list u gave me...so i decided just to get a plug and hook it up directly from the back of the light and it worked great...so now i think im gonna get thos multiple plug things...the ones u can plug like 3 or 4 different plugs in and then plug to the wall....but thanks for ur help anyways man...ill keep u posted on the grow and how it goes...i got 5 feminized purple haze seeds...5 hazeXskunk seeds and 15 bag seeds of some unknown strain..

I would recommend using wire nuts specifically made for high heat applications. Regular wire nuts can melt under the heat created by a HPS.

Latest posts

Back