pruning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

city

Reaction score
Ok i have been reading grow journals all morning and pruning guides and still didnt see what i was looking for...
i have been looking at all the plants(so pretty) and the large nugs they produce. one thing i havent seen on most of these plants while in flower, is the large sun leaves. are these getting pruned off? shuld i prune the crap out of a veging plant befor putting it into flower to get the same effect? im new to this and have no idea what to do. i know that i need to remove the lower leaves that are being shadded out to promote top growth.

please help or send me a link that really gows over this. im lost.:hitchair:

no dont prune them in veg or flower near the end when they turn yellow they will fall of themselves ,,,,but yes you can trim lower sites that the light wont get to :48:

city said:
Ok i have been reading grow journals all morning and pruning guides and still didnt see what i was looking for...
i have been looking at all the plants(so pretty) and the large nugs they produce. one thing i havent seen on most of these plants while in flower, is the large sun leaves. are these getting pruned off? shuld i prune the crap out of a veging plant befor putting it into flower to get the same effect? im new to this and have no idea what to do. i know that i need to remove the lower leaves that are being shadded out to promote top growth.

please help or send me a link that really gows over this. im lost.:hitchair:

City,

Don't cut the leaves off!!!
They are your energy cells... they pull the light to convert to energy....
Once you have more experience you will be able to tell which leaves need to go... I usually only cut leaves that are more than 50% dead and even then... i only cut through the really dead section of the leaf.

Good luck!!

You should post pictures...

CZ

i too only trim the already dead or dying bottom leaves.usually just let them fall off.i know its tempting to trim up.so it will get more light.but i have learned from the smart folks here not to do these hurtful things.just baby the plants and do not over do anything.i used to want to water,add nutes.
now i wait for the plant to tell me what it needs.

Latest posts

Back