transplant shock? will it get better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alexb3210

hey guys how is it going?...i transplanted my 6 week old ww's last saturday, and since then i have left my 1000w hps off..im growing in a closet so i leave that regular light on. they stay perky when the hps is off, but when i turn it on the tops hang down bad. the stem towards the top feels really soft compared to how it used to. i guess my question is, should i leave on the light and eventually they will perk back up with it on, or just keep it off for a while longer?

I don't think the issue is to much light, rather to much heat. Try cooling down the light with a fan, or raising it a bit.

why did u turn it off to begin with? ? ?

the regular light in your closet - an incandescent bulb - is no light to grow with

the girls r getting unbelievably shocked right now... turn your light back on... just put a good distance between the light and the girls.

you'd be lucky if you didn't hermie any of them... right now u r killing them.

sorry i wasnt trying to grow with the regular bulb, i thought i was giving them a break from the intense light, the only reason i left the other bulb on was i heard it might take 2 weeks to come out of shock so i didnt want them to flower...ill distance the plants and take it from there. Thanks for your help guys :) They are 2 feet from the light, and the temp is 78f 41% humidity----sorry the pics are so terrible, my girl has the camera so i had to use my cell..the first pic shows how the top is hanging, the second is just to show the distance from the light. Read between the lines haha

1.jpg

2.jpg

i was on 20/4 then i transplanted last saturday and the hps was off til today, well i turned it on twice over the week for about an hour, but the light was just making them droop and bend bad, so i just left it off so they stayed perky, i just figured it was normal for shock...its been on for about 5 hours today, and they are bending at the top pretty bad..

Latest posts

Back