18hrs to 12hrs of light or can i

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
can i go stait to 10hrs of light with seed started plants that are only 5 inches tall, will that keep plant size down and managable for a closet grow.my freind said they have to be bigger to start the buddin cycle.is there a minimum size or branching nessasary..

No 5in way to small in my opinion if you can let it vedge till you see the 9 point leaves then I would change light cycle although some have said it's better to wait till the limbs start crisscrossing. Me I prefer to let mine vedge about 3 weeks then I change light cycle just a suggestion. :D

10 hours of light will encourage excessive stretching.. IMO/E.
Indicas especially, won't always produce.. "9 point" leaves... I don't believe the number of fingers indicates "maturity", but more health, vigor, and sat/indica dominance. MJ "usually" requires 4-6 weeks of veg' to reach "sexual" maturity. (ready to flower)

i to have 4 plants that i have in with my flowering plant.just because i do not have the 2nd grow tent adequately set up yet.got to get 1 more blower to get proper ventalation.and they look good.short,stocky plants with thick stems.might not be worth a dang but its only bag seed on these.thats why i am playing with these few.don't really care if they live or die.got some good ones under fkuro getting ready to go to veg,as soon as hooked up.

Your plants should be put under 12/12 light when you are ready to flower them, not 10/14. While you can put them under "flowering light" any time you want to, they will not bud until they are sexually mature (as Hick has already mentioned). Look for alternating branches.

There are probably some threads on 12/12 from seed if you do a search.

Latest posts

Back