Massproducer's Coco buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang dude! I sent you a PM earlier today and hadn't heard back from you, then realized I hadn't seen you post in a while. I'm really bummed out to hear you are done here, what a downer. I really appreciate everything that you personally taught me while you were here, the help you gave was priceless, and I for one will really miss having your insight on this forum. Good luck with your journeys.

hey if im using coco coir + hydroclay how often should i water plants and how many fluid ounces do you reccomend?? im using lucas formular and im in 1st week of flowering.

godspeedsuckah said:
The buckets have been great for me as well doc. I had a few bumps in the road because of my own doing. Now it seems so long as I don't over fertilize them they just explode. After all of this I have 1 AI girl and 1 NL girl. So long as all goes well I will reveg them if they are good smoke and keep them around for a while.

I think that i have or am over fertilizing. I'm either burning the mess out of the plants, or i'm starving them somehow...but i'm thinking its the burn. I have them in a coco bucket with amended soil (high P guano, greensand, kelp, etc) and i was also feeding them a flowing guano tea (because i thought that the coco would absorb what wasn't needed and release whatever was needed). Needless to say, i think that this has severly burned my plants, so my question is...should i flush, should i just start giving straight water from here on out, or what? I'm on my 4th week of flowering and am only seein the issues on the older fan leaves, and just a few of the buding leaves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also after flushing amended soil, will there be a need to start feeding nutes (because the amendments all got flushed away??)? Thanks in advance.

solarz

pics 4U:)

Thanks mass man..:D

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

okay im wanting to know if this can be kept as a mother plant..and if so How long ? or am I supose to flower her all ready? she is starting to grow fast..I had a problem with my PH but have got it back under control. oh and as you can see.. Ive done some LST on her..Thanks for all the help..:bolt::bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
okay im wanting to know if this can be kept as a mother plant..and if so How long ? or am I supose to flower her all ready? she is starting to grow fast..I had a problem with my PH but have got it back under control. oh and as you can see.. Ive done some LST on her..Thanks for all the help..:bolt::bong:

4u2 i would say def on keeping as mom. i do know that coco supposedly will last couple years @ least b4 it breaks down. dont forget to flush those salts though. im gonna to try also but prolly not til april. keep us posted on results. when they start growing fast you better hold on. thats why i think coco would be awesome from moms pumpin out clones 2 have a nice perpetual grow. i have a ? 4u, 4u2. why are you worried bout ph in coco? ive always had prob w/ low ph & since i went coco havent checked or even thought about. im all giddy like a school girl now, i cant wait to see ur results. this bub im smoking gets me that way also.........so i gotta jet:lama:

Thanks Doc..Im glad to hear I can keep her as Mother..she is growing very Fast..as for the PH I checked a while back and it was 7.6 and not sure how. But is now down to 6.5 do I need to worry about rootbound with these? Useally I only been keeping them long enough to get rooted clones then I flower them...When I flower do I continue the water then feed then water then feed..on daily basis? Ive read this thread so many times I forgot..:rofl: Thanks for the help and I will be asking for you again..Thanks :bolt::bong:

Honestly 4u2smoke,
i would really go back and try to read the first couple of post that MassP made about the cation exchange with coco. I have been using a coco bucket and i was also feeding a flower nute tea...and i severely burned one of my plants. I would also get in touch with godspeedsucka and ask him to explain to you the way that coco works. I think that we have had the same problems, but he will probably be able to explain it to you better.

IME/O, i'd stay away from using flowering nutes...except for maybe using a few worm castings every now. Feed the plant what it asks for/needs.

Good lookin plants. I'm going to try this reservoir method myself next grow. I do rate coco, very easy and productive medium to use.

4u2sm0ke said:
Thanks Doc..Im glad to hear I can keep her as Mother..she is growing very Fast..as for the PH I checked a while back and it was 7.6 and not sure how. But is now down to 6.5 do I need to worry about rootbound with these? Useally I only been keeping them long enough to get rooted clones then I flower them...When I flower do I continue the water then feed then water then feed..on daily basis? Ive read this thread so many times I forgot..:rofl: Thanks for the help and I will be asking for you again..Thanks :bolt::bong:

sure youll still get root bound eventually. imo 5g bucket would be sufficient for long term mom. about youre nutes, just feed once a wk. like u would w/ any other method of growing. i think in this thread i outlined my feeding schedule. ill look & if its not here ill find & link 4 u

4u2 my outlined feeding schedule is on pg 12 post #236. i noticed ur girls r def exploding. good job mang! keep it up! i wonder what GSS is doin? i havent seen any pics of his coco. i know he has a new baby, but i need to see some of his work in progress.

Hey doc, how are things? I ended up killing the NL, she was just way too out of control. I have 1 Aurora Indica lady who is doing real well. Here are a couple pics of her @ 29 days flowering. ;)

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95472&d=1230983499

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95473&d=1230983499

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95474&d=1230983499

I am going to keep her in this 5 gallon MP bucket for a reveg and one more flowering after I harvest some buds in about 5 weeks or so. If she is still going real well I was thinking about cutting the 5 gallon in half and sinking it part way into one of those big plastic tubs you can get at Walmart. That should give her enough root space for a year or two :) All is well, hope all is well with you too.

Looking very good guys, Doc i see that you have continued our work, I am very impressed, I knew that I left everything in the right hands, lol

4u2smoke look at those little bushy monsters, haha, good work, make me proud

massproducer said:
Looking very good guys, Doc i see that you have continued our work, I am very impressed, I knew that I left everything in the right hands, lol

:ciao: my friend and its good to see you...I pm you a few times but never heard back..hope is all well..I am likeing these very much and am trying my Hardest to make you proud!!! I have another one I made for the clones I have in you bubble cloner..thanks for that too ( you know) and the explosion has happened..i am going to do a side by side with soil and this mass bucket but know that your bucket will out perform my soil bucket. this will be interesting..i think and this is just my stoned brain..that the soil plant will grow faster then the mass bucket..untill the mass bucket roots hits that res..i want to thank Docfish for sticking with me..and solarz for getting me to straighten out head on cation exchange..this next bucket will be even better Im sure..;) and will continue it in this thread if you dont mind..thanks massproduccer..you truely are an ASSET to this Community:cool: :bolt::bong:

godspeedsuckah said:
Hey doc, how are things? I ended up killing the NL, she was just way too out of control. I have 1 Aurora Indica lady who is doing real well. Here are a couple pics of her @ 29 days flowering. ;)

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95472&d=1230983499

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95473&d=1230983499

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=95474&d=1230983499

I am going to keep her in this 5 gallon MP bucket for a reveg and one more flowering after I harvest some buds in about 5 weeks or so. If she is still going real well I was thinking about cutting the 5 gallon in half and sinking it part way into one of those big plastic tubs you can get at Walmart. That should give her enough root space for a year or two :) All is well, hope all is well with you too.

GSS i knew u might chime in! hope all is well in ur world. AI is looking great. ur plan w/ cutting bucket off is excellent. u might think aboiut trash can if you doint have height restrictions. well either way u do keep us informed w/ lots of pics. take it sleezy.

massproducer said:

mass its great 2 hear from u! as far as "right" hands dont know about that but im trying. im more like 2 left hands, lol. unfortunately im being forced 2 take a "break" from my new found hobby:eek: . ol lady 4 whatever reason got sketched out. dont know why, but lil by lil i will convince her eventually. im going 2b making mods to room while i wait 4 go ahead:hubba: . im bummed cause i was stoked bout coco scrog i had planned. oh well soon enough. take care & be careful. whats in ur room at mo?

4u2sm0ke said:
i want to thank Docfish for sticking with me...

4u thanks! isnt this why we r here in this lil community, to give & recieve info to put us all on that plataeu of accomplishment. sorry 4 not remembering, but have u flipped lights yet? if so how long ago? if not b prepared for insane growth in 2 wk stretch. lol

docfishwrinkle said:
4u thanks! isnt this why we r here in this lil community, to give & recieve info to put us all on that plataeu of accomplishment. sorry 4 not remembering, but have u flipped lights yet? if so how long ago? if not b prepared for insane growth in 2 wk stretch. lol

:rofl:...I just PM you...I have my setup in my shed..so I have diffrent rooms..Veg area 4 x 6 1800watts MH..flower room 4x6 2 @ 1000HPS..and yes as I stated in the PM I am at week one 12/12 and Im affraid she is going to take up Half my flower room:holysheep: ..maybe I should not have done LST..:rofl:

hi mp and everyone else doing buckets!

first of all: very well-written guide. informative and easy to understand. it sound a bit too good to be true, but since people tried it and like it, i assume it really works. ;)

i'm starting to plan my next grow that i will start in about 3 or so weeks. it all depends on how quick i will build my new box/closet. but i will def try your bucket style of growing, but not excactly what you do.

first of all, i'm having trouble finding all the things you put in your coco. second, since i'm not that experienced, i don't have a clue at what depth the roots have grown in what time. third, i'm scared of doing the medium wrong from start since it would be hard tho fix. but you mix the coco with organic nutes just because you like it, not because it's necessary, right?

i will however do layers with different ratios of perlite/coco just as you described. the layering is because the roots specialize in different theings, some take up water, some take up nutes. i will use canna coco nutes + some pk13/14.

have i got the basic idea right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back