Massproducer's Coco buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ciao: kebnekajse.:welcome:...I just read this thread like 100 times and just did as I have been told..just get it going and these guys will help..I will do what i can..and be patient massproducer pops in...Docfish and Godspseed..are here as well.. Good luck Mine is week 2 of flower:bolt::bong:

Doc...she is Loveing the feed schedual...will post pics Next weekend stretch should be done...oh..and she is takeing up half my flower room:eek: ..

kebnekajse said:
hi mp and everyone else doing buckets!

first of all: very well-written guide. informative and easy to understand. it sound a bit too good to be true, but since people tried it and like it, i assume it really works. ;)

i'm starting to plan my next grow that i will start in about 3 or so weeks. it all depends on how quick i will build my new box/closet. but i will def try your bucket style of growing, but not excactly what you do.

first of all, i'm having trouble finding all the things you put in your coco. second, since i'm not that experienced, i don't have a clue at what depth the roots have grown in what time. third, i'm scared of doing the medium wrong from start since it would be hard tho fix. but you mix the coco with organic nutes just because you like it, not because it's necessary, right?

i will however do layers with different ratios of perlite/coco just as you described. the layering is because the roots specialize in different theings, some take up water, some take up nutes. i will use canna coco nutes + some pk13/14.

have i got the basic idea right?

I amended my buckets with everything and then had some problems. I may be wrong here but it is my belief that you do not need to add any of these amendments and the reason for this is that you really don't know what the plant is eating if you do this. When I reveg this AI girl I am going to use the same bucket style but with no ammendments. I will have the reservoir in the bottom and mix in some perlite with the coco but I will not add anything else. I will be running my ph at 5.8 and feeding the coco with botanicare nutrients. I think the plants would grow better without all the ammendments. JMHO.

Your roots are going to grow insanely quick and you will be watering your plants once a day. In coco ph is very crucial. I don't care what you hear you need to monitor your ph and keep it around 5.8 - 6.0. If you are using tap water than you need to check your EC and PH.

Coco is great to grow in and the results do outperform soil IF, and I can't stress IIIIFFFFFFFF enough, you have all your conditions correct. If you are going to feed the canna line of nutrients than I would not add anything else to the coco. Coco is not the magic answer to everything and it does not buffer everything perfectly; trust me if your ph is off you will know it ;)

nice to hear that i will be able to grow with plain coco/perlite and canna nutes.

good yoy told me about ph aswell, i would have gone for a bit higher, 6,2-6,8 cause that is what i thought it should be. and yeah, i learned about the importance of ph the hard way...

The amendments serve a very important function, which is to regulate the cation exchange rates as coco like to release k, but likes to absorb ca, nitrogen and magnesium, if you do not take this into account then you will have problems with those three things...

Honestly godspeed it sounds like you never throughly rinsed you coco, which would mean that it was full of salts, potassium salts to be exact which will lock everything out, but trust me using ORGANIC amendments is not what your problem was, organic amendments take time to break down and become availible for the roots to use, the roots do not eat the amendments, the microbes eat the organics and then the roots eat the microbial waste...

But it is very important to throughly wash your coco before you use it, because as I stated many times coco floats in salty sea water until harvested and it also naturally has high levels of K, which the k is not the problem it is the salt from the sea water.

massproducer said:
The amendments serve a very important function, which is to regulate the cation exchange rates as coco like to release k, but likes to absorb ca, nitrogen and magnesium, if you do not take this into account then you will have problems with those three things...

so a worst case scenario is k-poisoning at the same time as ca,n and mg-def?

but isn't this the reason that you use coco nutes instead of soil nutes? i just asumed it was, or does coco behave different than soil in other ways aswell?

the only things you mention that i can get a hold of without ordering from abroad is wormcastings, guano and moldy coffeegrinds (i drink LOTS of really stronk coffee). but that won't do for N, or will it?

never seen kelp/blood meel etc.

thanks for taking your time to educate us.

honestly all you need is your grinds for the Nitrogen, and eggshells for calcium, some epsom salt from walmart for MG and then just feed with a coco based nute...

Yeah the coco nutes contain more organic, n, mg and K, but you will find that it can take about a week or two to fix the cation rates without amending, which is a week that your plants could be growing... But hey all we can do is work with what we have... So pick up what you can, and I will help you work with what you have

and solarZ reminded me to go back and read the first few pages again on cation exchange..I use Fox Farm nutes which is organic accept for tiger Bloom..My Next Bucket i plan to be all Organic..by makeing my own Teas

massproducer...we :heart: ya man

great news mp!

of course i can see the benefits of a week growing instead of a week looking sad cause my medium is warming up;).

i can easily get a hold of those things.

can't wait to start, just have to build my new box first. i'm gonna have so much fun!

massproducer said:

Honestly godspeed it sounds like you never throughly rinsed you coco, which would mean that it was full of salts, potassium salts to be exact which will lock everything out, but trust me using ORGANIC amendments is not what your problem was, organic amendments take time to break down and become availible for the roots to use, the roots do not eat the amendments, the microbes eat the organics and then the roots eat the microbial waste...

But it is very important to throughly wash your coco before you use it, because as I stated many times coco floats in salty sea water until harvested and it also naturally has high levels of K, which the k is not the problem it is the salt from the sea water.

Yes I washed my coco very well before I used it. I am not even going to bother with this. I would not use epsom salts in your coco. Every coco thread I have seen states you do not use epsom salts at all in coco. Pick up some calmag + and do yourself a favor.

bro, look at the main ingredients in calmag, Calcium Nitrate, Magnesium Nitrate, Iron EDTA, These are all chemicals, and stronger chemicals then epsom salt, lol, why would you not add epsom salt to your coco, once again look at any good coco nutrient and look at the ingredients, tell me do you happen to see Magnesium Sulphate, which is epsom salt... It is funny that you seem to be the one who has had the most problems, and if you go back through this thread you can clearly see that you have already admitted that you were not following the instructions listed in the thread, so honestly, take it somewhere else, start your own thread or whatever, but please stay out of mine because all you do and have done is muddle the waters... Its really not worth it with people like you, the set it and forget its, of the world. good riddens

last but note least:

In agriculture and gardening, magnesium sulfate is used to correct magnesium deficiency in soil (magnesium is an essential element in the chlorophyll molecule). It is most commonly applied to potted plants, or to magnesium-hungry crops, such as potatoes, roses, tomatoes, and peppers. The advantage of magnesium sulfate over other magnesium soil amendments (such as dolomitic lime) is its high solubility.

Anhydrous magnesium sulfate is commonly used as a desiccant in organic synthesis due to its affinity for water. During work-up, an organic phase is saturated with magnesium sulfate until it no longer forms clumps. The hydrated solid is then removed with filtration or decantation. Other inorganic sulfate salts such as sodium sulfate and calcium sulfate may also be used in the same way.

well, today i started looking in regular gardencenters instead of shops with a more "shady" profile. and, ta-da! bloodmeal, kelp, fishemulsion... why, oh why, do i make things so hard on my self all the time.

dirt cheap aswell.

well, now i'm of to repott my basil, rosemary and coriander ( i guess you call it cilantro though). have a nice day.

I wont be posting in this thread again mass only because I want you to save face and feel like you have accomplished something. I will however state that you should rethink the way you have simply amended your hempy bucket; your plants are far from something to strive for. Every picture has leaves folded under and burned severely.

LMAO, yes bro these are burned severely, and they are surely not something to strive for...
edit... Like i stated earlier, you screwed up your plants and you even admitted it, why and how, because you just read what you wanted to read and took it from there...

You weren't watering like hydro, you had some type of plug in your drain hole and flooded your plants, you followed none of the instructions but were the first to say, these do not work... No you didn't do your homework...

When you can grow the purps like this then come and talk to me,

chronic 085.jpg

chronic 136.jpg

chronic 137.jpg

chronic 176.jpg

and please go and do some research on what hempy buckets are... tell me after that do hempy's use coco? Tell me do hempy's amend the medium? Tell me are hempy's organic? Tell me do hempy's use straight perlite in the rez? and tell me do hempy's have layers consisting of different amounts and concentrations of medium... Also do hempy's work behind the same scientific principles that my buckets do?

Tell me, were you the only one that used these buckets to complain? The fact is that everyone else that has common sense and that can follow simple instructions had bumper harvests... Unfortunately this does not include you because you lack the main ingedient for success, which is common sense, when you find some then maybe your grows won't all turn out like garbage, but again until then, happy growing MG man

But one thing is for sure, you will never be on my level

Please do not laugh at my horrible, burned plants, I think god speed is right, this really doesn't work, and i think i should rethink the system :holysheep:

chronic 187.jpg

chronic 184.jpg

chronic 185.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back