Massproducer's Coco buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here are some more pics that are bigger, so you can see the issues i was talking about. I actually took one of the problem plants down, b/c it was just so slowly growing and presenting so many problems. It was also a lazy plant..lol, dropping branches and all (and the buds weren't even that big). But you can see the spotting on the leaves.

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

I'm not sure what that problem is. I have two plants that are showing these signs, and then i have another plant (all three from the same cut) that isn't showing any issues at all, besides the normal yellowing. They are all in 5 gal buckets amended exactly the same, and they all get the same food. So i'm at a loss as to why/how this is happening. I'm one day short of 6 weeks in flower, so i'm hoping those indica doms.(the last pic) will be ready soon.

solarz

not sure solarz..I was going to ask what the PH of the water you use is..Thats what it looks to me..In my soils grows I get this in some plants and not others..I think its the Plant it self..But mine useually do this in Veg..so im confused as well..Massman should be along shortly to help..Like i said b4 Im new to these so not sure if i can be of any help..just be here for support my friend..Thanks for the pics. KEEP M GREEN

ps..That 3rd pic looks to be heat issues..what are the temps and how close to light?

I think you may be right about the heat issues. Before my room was hitting the high 80's with the light on...sometimes even up into the 90's. The thing is, it wasn't really hot inside the closet. I would go in there and it wouldn't be hot at all. I just reworked my flower closet yesterday to create more of a sealed environment. Before, i think the heat(coming from the cooling the light) that was "supposed" to be exhausted, was getting back into the grow room some how. Now i have weather stripped everything, and the temps were around 79f after the light was on for about 6 hrs. Anyway, i'm done rambling. I'm off to work on some more stuff...i have a Warlock lady that just showed her parts this morning...so i'm debating weather i want to put her into a MassP bucket...or let her keep going in the 1 gall pot i have her in now...and just take some clones to find a good mom.

solarz

I'm thinking of going with a mini MassP bucket and i think i may use amended soil instead of the coco. Haven't decided yet, but i need to quickly, because that thing is getting BIG. I think i'm going to top her tonight and clone the top.

I also took some pics of the roots and stuff from a massp bucket. It was from the other sat. dom plant that i pulled a couple olf days ago. I'll post those up shortly.

solarz

:ciao: Solarz...I think it would be good to stay with Mass way.... in this thread anyway..Im sure you understand..

Hello friends heres mine at 3 weeks in flower and really budding nice..at the rate shes going she sure to bring me my 3 oz (dry) plant:hubba: :rolleyes: another update as she progresses..:bolt::bong:

sorry friends...server wont let me post pics...Dont know why but hope they get it fixed soon..

first of all, congrats 4U on the MVP...well deserved.

Now, i'm still debating on weather to go with the coco massp bucket...or to do a massp bucket without the coco...and using a another amended soiless mix. I'll probably recycle one of the earlier massp buckets i pulled from this current grow and throw a clone from the warlock in there and see how it does. I've already started 2 Speed Queen, Satori and 8 mile high's in DWC this week. They are still tiny, but have roots galore! So please....be on the look out for a growlog for those (which will be my first official log). I'll probably do one side by side with DWC and a MassP bucket, using the same cuts just to see how each produces and smokes/tastes afterwards.

Hello everyone..here is my Massbucket she is in the 4th week This strain can go an easy 9-10 weeks I like to harvest at late 7-8..all ready she has past the one I put in BPOTM a few months Back at this same age.:clap: I cant wait to see her in another 4 weeks:yay: so far everything is going well i think. Ill keep ya posted..oh and the Purplebud I started is doing okay..will post on that one later..:bolt::bong::watchplant:

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Hey 4u...i see you are doing well with your MassP buckets. I just transplanted my warlock lady into a MasP bucket (except using "soil" instead of the coco). I just gave it a light watering yesterday and will giver her a GOOD feeding of ewc tea in about 2 days or so. From there on out, i'm just going to feed water + molasses + liquid karma. I'm probably gonna keep it in veg for another week or so, then in to the flowering room. I'll post some pics later when i get home.

BTW...the 3 that i already have in flower in the coco buckets...one of them is SEVERLY yellowing, and i'm not sure exactly what it is. I'll post some pics up of that also and see if anyone has any ideas/suggestions.

solarz

Great post Mass Thanks though I have a few questions please.

1)Do you set all your prepped buckets in a drain pain with say a drain tube?

2)Every 2 to 3 days are you top watering with the nutes and wash until you get a bit out of the drain hole? IE roughly how much every 2 to 3 days.

3)How do you harvest cut at bucket level? Part two of this is after harvest how can you best recover the bucket and material? Or do you do a whole bucket break down and say a rinse ETC?

MysticWolf said:
Great post Mass Thanks though I have a few questions please.

1)Do you set all your prepped buckets in a drain pain with say a drain tube?

2)Every 2 to 3 days are you top watering with the nutes and wash until you get a bit out of the drain hole? IE roughly how much every 2 to 3 days.

3)How do you harvest cut at bucket level? Part two of this is after harvest how can you best recover the bucket and material? Or do you do a whole bucket break down and say a rinse ETC?

1. NO DRAIN LINE!!! i believe godspeedsuckah tried & gave him probs.

2. 2-3 days water when u know that ur roots hit res. b4 res just water enough 2 keep plants alive. nutes once a wk, but i also found that i could use teas once a wk also w/ nutes on diff days of course.

3. harvest like u would anyother plant. i trim on plant then cut branches 2 hang. ive never reused, not 2 say u cant, but bucket is layered for how plant would use nutes in various stages of life. coco is only good for 2-3 yrs tops.

hears a feeding chart i came up w/ for these buckets.

note:all water has been aerated min. 24-48hrs. molasses 1tblsp/gal

mon-molasses/ro

tue-no water, mixed water,nutes, & molasses bubbled for 2 days

wed-no water - i like to starve girls for 2 days b/4 nutes so they eat all their food :hubba:

thur-feed 48 hr tea mixed on tue

fri-no water

sat-molasses/ro

sun-no water

hopefully this will help. i dont know if this is the best way but its mine;)

Got ya Doc though I was not talking drain line I just want a drain pan under my buckets to catch any possible run off. More a no runs drips or errors thing as I don't own this place YET.

I've used a similar setup for orchids and lilies and I have an extra bucket here to play with and some weird looking bag seed from a friend so I'm going do a lil experiment with one bucket but will take pictures in case it works out as it is an old orchid trick. who knows it might work out good.

I got another question too did ya'll rise your coco three time with just clear clean water thats what I did for lily and orchid prorogation?

BTW pardon and stupid questions I'm a new legal med user and refuse to pay the prices they want to charge here. So I'm taking my ornamental hort background and gonna apply it to well tomatoes "yep thats what I was told to call them when I ask for supplies" I still find that funny as heck.

Mass thankyou Doc thanks too your both kewl.

MW

Awesome thread gentlemen/ladies. Just read the whole thing and am excited to try the MP buckets. Special thanks to MP!!!
I have an important question, my room is warm, 75*F lights on and up to 85*F lights off. This will keep the res kinda warm. Will this be a problem? I know Cowboy had a hermie and thinks it may be due to warm res temps. I know this is different, but, could it be a problem?

peaceful

Res temp has allot to do with sex and propagation in many kinds of hort not just MJ.

I'm a knew grower as well so I'm learning allot though I can share one trick we used to do with lilies and orchids.

They make several brands of fiberglass insulation that have a reflective foil back not paper.

Next you just cut lengths and lean up against your buckets the insulation holds the temp down helps keep roots dark and drops the temp and the backing reflects usable light back into the grow space.

If you want to get fancy you can run foil or mylar along the top edge of the insulation too to grab a bit more light.

If you can up your air turn over in the room a bit about 3 more turnovers and hour should get you about a 5 degree drop give or take ...depending on ambient air intake.

MW

keep in mind temp of these resivoirs is not like a true hydro in reguards that dwc res needs to be no warmer than low 70's hopefully mid sixties. this helps oxygen to remain rich in res water. this is a passive hydro so it leans more towards a soil grow & will tolerate much higher temps. 1st hand my floor temps reached 80 on many occassions. meaning my canopy temps were in low 90's. as u you can see in this thread my 1st run w/ these buckets proved 2b a winner. thx mass!:D

I may try a "micro" coco bucket. I have a 2g bucket or maybe even a cut off 1g milk jug. Any reason I can't pop a freshly rooted clone into a 1g version of MP's bucket? That sounds fun actually. An entire grow cycle in a 1G MP Coco bucket. I have a VERY short flowering chamber so a small bucket is necessary unless I transplant when moving to flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back