Massproducer's Coco buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
was hopeing to get an answer but i suppose i will just :watchplant:

Ill let ya all know

:ciao:

047.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

051.JPG

052.JPG

053.JPG

054.JPG

055.JPG

056.JPG

058.JPG

whats up 4u? i dont know about size of ur bucket supporting ur plant all summer, but it looks as if might be wanting a lil nitro. everything looks great! how do u get away w/ growing all those beasts in ur backyard? seattle pretty lax on the issue? wish i could have an enchanted forrest in my yard. im thinking of taking a tool crib so you have to go through a door & adding a lock. our law here states that must have in a locked structure. ill have 2 do some investigating on the issue, but seems 2b the only way 4 me. also guaranteed neighbors will ***** also, but if its w/in laws eff em! i just dont feel like being harassed by small town pigs. anyhow 4u keep it up all is good.

DFW

hey Doc...Rule # 1. Dont tell no one!!!! I gave an extra shot of "N" but seems to still be a light green..I do like that its moveable..I moved around the yard to keep in sun..I think where it was..the larger plants was shading her..so now she is out and about..this is whats nice about containers..easy to move around..But plant restricted to hieght..take care and be safe my friend:bong:

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

012.JPG

015.JPG

037.JPG

psst... i dont tell anyone. just neighbors are so close theyd def smell/see. ahhhh the whole lack o' light. yeah makes sense. give her the light. shes lookin might fine.

true on the smell...hell i can smell them sometimes from the mailboxes which is around the corner..but there are alot of other smells around as well..and skunks are all over here..as for nieghbors..I dont have any really close by that can see..I own the two houses here and we have a wetland area behind..my only fear was delivery or postman..but a lock on my entry gate solved that:aok: but i do still get parranoid at times..Mostly when i am really high..and I am going to go work on that now:ciao::bolt::bong:

Okay friends..heres an update..Massman..hope you doing well..I think this may make the term idk yet..she has been threw some HOT weather..two weeks ago we hit 100 a few days in a row and was forced to water every day and one time again at night..she was wilted bad...temps now are very more like normal..high this week low 70..today we havy mist wich she is loving the bath..no rain yet and when it does thats what the cover is for..and when it get into sept/oct i have a makeshift green house for cover:aok: will keep ya posted..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

017.JPG

wow 4u all looks good concidering the wacky weather shes been experiencing. id say def pushing the limits on the kitty litter bucket! she must like having her stomata cleansed by the mist ;-} anuhow good work & keep it up.

Dam..aint anyone else doing these massbucket? oh well..heres mine..hopeing she will finish..she is farther along then the Monster Purplebud i have outside..and is forming real nice..hope she makes the cutt take care and be safe

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

023.JPG

Mass's last post was almost 3 months ago, so dont expect him to pop along to help out :p

:peace:

Thanks HIE....He will see it when he gets back..thanks..Have a great Labor Day..if ya partake:D

okay massman..I think she wont make it now..she is turning yellow more and more each day...she is much further along than the one in the ground..they was both outat same time..just think this kitty liter bucket just isnt big enough..maybe if i woulda started her in april..she was all ready a few weeks in veg when moved outside..will keep ya posted..:bong:

Hi Masspruducer!First of all I can say your system is excellent!!Im going to custruct my new grow room,and i would like to try this system.The only problem is,that i cant go every day to watering,it would be too suspicius...I wondering what do you think,can i connect your buckets with a simlpe automated watering system with a reservoir?

Thx a lot!!!!

Hempinvader2003 said:
Hi Masspruducer!First of all I can say your system is excellent!!Im going to custruct my new grow room,and i would like to try this system.The only problem is,that i cant go every day to watering,it would be too suspicius...I wondering what do you think,can i connect your buckets with a simlpe automated watering system with a reservoir?

Thx a lot!!!!

hey hemp invader welcome. mass doesnt hang here much anymore, but we can help. 1st off your building a room where you have to sneak to?

anyhow you could do a automated waterer, but you might find that youll be wasting excessive nutes. if you plan on useing straight water just make sure your ph is close. id also maybe compost your organics 1st this way they are more readily available to your plant. look into getting some humic acid & azomite.

if you plan on useing nutes then make sure your res is well aerated or nutes will go "sour". not sure how long theyd last im not a hydro guy, but im guessing no longer than couple days. based on experience w/ brewing teas.

if this is your 1st indoor then you are in for a fun ride. coco is fugin awesome! very forgiving after the first 2 wks(cation exchange). what strain are you going w/? also growing is very addictive so good luck restraining yourself on going to go look @ em multiple times a day. lol:D

good luck

DFW

oh ****! 4u looks like she might pull through. looks like a maybe a cal/mag def? if she dont finish in time then ship her over here & ill run her through my bubble bags. lol good luck brotha

hello Massman..and the rest of ya..:bong:

doc..she did make it:yay: not the best looking but shell get the job done..sure was fun..but must say This is a lot better indoors..she went threw a lot this summer ..I left all the lower stuff on and will take soon..Im reading up on that bubble hash...Wish me luck should have one of these buckets running around christmas..untill then take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

DSCF2164.JPG

DSCF2166.JPG

DSCF2167.JPG

DSCF2168.JPG

DSCF2169.JPG

DSCF2170.JPG

DSCF2171.JPG

DSCF2172.JPG

DSCF2173.JPG

DSCF2174.JPG

DSCF2197.JPG

DSCF2198.JPG

glad to hear she made it. bubble hash is def worth the bag investment. good to see this experiment. i was thinking of doing but dont have stealth outside. looks like i will try to do one w/ a larger res next year. maybe along the lines of 20g or larger. christmas time is hopefully when ill be running again. gotta get legal. wifes in nursing program & if i get popped then her career is done. going for mri thursday. well looks like youll have enough smoke for a lil while. lol. take care

I just got through with my coco bucket experiment. Not gone as far as flower because the one bucket I tried turned out to be one of the males.
For me, the experiment was neither a success or failure.
What I noticed was a big burst of growth about week three. But then the other plants caught up, and they ended up the same size. Oh well. I am thinking of making a modified bucket with an air line and hydroton in the bottom.

dont give up give her another go around & this time will be a girl. LM what i did in these was to pop seeds in a coco/perlite mix @ 60/40 let em show sex then put into buckets. i used 3/4g pot to sex then put into a 3g bucket. this works great for couple reasons. one being ur saving time & materials & second when you put 3/4g pot into a 3g bucket the bottom of root ball will be setting directly on top of the 100% perlite layer. then its a matter of a couple days to hit the rez then jungle growth.

docfishwrinkle said:
dont give up give her another go around & this time will be a girl. LM what i did in these was to pop seeds in a coco/perlite mix @ 60/40 let em show sex then put into buckets. i used 3/4g pot to sex then put into a 3g bucket. this works great for couple reasons. one being ur saving time & materials & second when you put 3/4g pot into a 3g bucket the bottom of root ball will be setting directly on top of the 100% perlite layer. then its a matter of a couple days to hit the rez then jungle growth.

:ciao:

thanks 4.jpg

Wow- I totally love this thread.

OK, this looks like the most excellent method and I'm going to give it a try.
I'm starting with some seeds and would also like to try some clones from my current plants (in veg stage). I'm curious what you would recommend for starting medium- I'm thinking either rockwool cubes or 16 oz cups with a mix of 60% coir and 40% perlite.
Is there any special recommendation for preparing the coir? The package simply says "soak in 9 gals of water or light nutrient solution"- I'm not sure I want to make that much right away. Or is it OK to mix it all up and keep it around.
As soon as they are ready they will go into 3 and 5 gal buckets layered as described in the original post. Going under fluorescent (maybe CFL) for veg stage. I have 3 plants in soil ready to go to flower- would it make sense to move them into masscoco buckets prior to the change to 12/12?

Mass- thanks for this most excellent method. The gardener in me gets the logic and benefits of mimicking mother nature.

Cheers
Tastyness

Here is what I culled from the posts- I'll be using this to help me layer the buckets. If there are things I missed, please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back