Massproducer's Coco buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ciao: tastey..and welcome..I run one of these and like it very much...Massman aint been around in a while but I can help where I can ..and we also have docfish up there whos helped me even more then massman...( No pun intended massman) I get my choir in a block that has 4 at 1 inch thick and 12x12..i bust it up and soak for a few days mixxing well to make fluffy..I then put in tote and mix more to make nice and fluffy...this is the most intense IMO...and then I use his Bubble cloner to make my clones..I take the cocco and mix it with my soil at 50/50..then transfer the clones to this mix and then after they take well..i move them to the bucket..and start the feeding schedual docfish gave a few pages back...when the root hit the Res Ill put in flower...IMO..you should take clones from the ones you are puting in flower and read this thread 100 time like I did...remember the :exchange :aok: doc fish is a great source of help you can PM him for help ..i check this thread from time to time..I have started one last week..hers wher she is..ill have my own thread started soon. Look for it in my signature.....hope this helps take care and b safe

DSCF3225.JPG

DSCF3226.JPG

DSCF3227.JPG

OK so I've sprouted some new seeds in Rockwool and some in mini coco buckets. What's a mini coco bucket? Red plastic 16 oz cups with vermiculite on the bottom and coco on the top. Hole punched in the side so that the overflow can come out. I'm still molding up my coffee grounds and would like to move the rockwool babies into coco. What size buckets would you recommend? How long can the seeds go in the 16 oz cups do you think? I only lost one of the seeds- came up nice then shriveled and died. Can someone tell me what causes that? I would like to do a grow journal and am not sure if I should post it here OR in the GJ section. I have some clones going as well, the rockwool ones are not doing well. I'm thinking they need some nutrition? The ones in my coco seem to be doing great. Again I used the 16 oz cups and a 60/40 mix coco/perlite to hold them. I've got them in ziploc baggies and they are looking green and healthy. Finding worm castings is proving to be a challenge. I suppose I could simply use some nutes instead but I wanted to try and follow the thread as closely as possible, and I was planning on using the tea. Sorry for rambling- the highlight of the day is checking in on the ladies :)

wut up 4u & tasty? 4u do you sleep @ all? seems like you have so much going on in s.h.e.d., which u do. tasty id go for 5g buckets if you have the headroom. i do 3g. 16 oz cups will prolly last you no more than a month & prolly will be root bound to hell. imo i dont like to transplant more than once, especially when they are young. i start in 3/4g pots. more soil, but i sleep well @ night. shriveled plant that died just happens sometimes. mutants that mother nature doesnt want. i know mass told me & 4u to post in here as it is a tutorial so ppl would learn about these kick *** buckets. your rockwool sounds like you didnt ph your cubes first. WC can usually be found in your mom & pop nurseries even in winter. alright gotta go get my swerve on

tastyness said:
OK so I've sprouted some new seeds in Rockwool and some in mini coco buckets. What's a mini coco bucket? Red plastic 16 oz cups with vermiculite on the bottom and coco on the top. Hole punched in the side so that the overflow can come out. I'm still molding up my coffee grounds and would like to move the rockwool babies into coco. What size buckets would you recommend? How long can the seeds go in the 16 oz cups do you think? I only lost one of the seeds- came up nice then shriveled and died. Can someone tell me what causes that? I would like to do a grow journal and am not sure if I should post it here OR in the GJ section. I have some clones going as well, the rockwool ones are not doing well. I'm thinking they need some nutrition? The ones in my coco seem to be doing great. Again I used the 16 oz cups and a 60/40 mix coco/perlite to hold them. I've got them in ziploc baggies and they are looking green and healthy. Finding worm castings is proving to be a challenge. I suppose I could simply use some nutes instead but I wanted to try and follow the thread as closely as possible, and I was planning on using the tea. Sorry for rambling- the highlight of the day is checking in on the ladies :)

:ciao: Happy growing..Im in agreement with docfish,,I only transplant one time...from what I read..these are to flowr..so not much veg...I have mine in my signature if ya wanna take a look see..I do Lst ( Low Stress Traing ) and when the roots hit the RES:lama:...Best advice i can give here is what was tol to me...Go back and read up on Cacion(sp) exchange:aok:..as fo t he see dieing..welcom to the wonderul world of Beans...some will not pop some will mutat some will shivel up..just a Bad trait..I dont mess with tose they get yanked first.I use cat liter bucket about 4.5 gallons...well gotta grow now..hope to see ya have a bucket going soon...untll then take care and be safe :bolt::bong:

Docfish....I starte my own wormcast bin...My nurseries say its a seasonal product...but i did get a few bags over the summer for Fall grow..

Massman and his Fallowers..:48:

Thught ya would like to see the root structure of the Purple Bud I did outside. Sory couldnt keep perlite togather:spit:..Hope ALL is well in Massworld

DSCF3781.JPG

DSCF3784.JPG

DSCF3785.JPG

DSCF3786.JPG

DSCF3787.JPG

Thanks guys for all the help. Quickie- why is it taking so long for my coffee grinds to mold? Does it work better covered or uncovered? I'm not a coffee drinker but had friends save me some. Do you keep the filters in there too?

leave the lid off. reason being is so the spores can find the grounds. i toss the filter unless i throw it into the composter. usually about 3 days & top layer is all green. mmmmmmmm yummy.

4u yeah i just remembered that the nursery down the street mixes their own soil so they always have it on hand. i think they grow...lol. they always have pro mix bx & all the good stuff we use around here. wish i still had the pic of the mj plant that they had growing w/ a palm tree in front of there store. it was about 18" tall & female. went back to go buy later that afternoon for $15 but someone yanked it.

OK- so I scored the worm castings. Yipee! Starting some tea today to feed the two ladies in the grow room, and to have ready for when the babies can start having something other than water. Am I understanding correctly that the tea described here should provide everything my babies need?

I want to take the 3 seeds in Rockwool and move them into buckets ASAP. The 2 survivors in the coco can wait for 2 weeks before I move them.
The buckets I'm planning to use are two leftover dishwasher detergent buckets from Costco & the one the laundry soap comes in- which is bigger.
Is there some easy way to tell how big a pot is? I never know what size mine are especially when I'm recycling. One had 12kg in it/ the others 9.9kg but that is all the information I have. They look kind of like the kitty litter ones above.
Do I have to do anything special because they are in rockwool and are being transplanted to my bucket? How deep should they be if the cubes go straight into the coco?

I wonder if it is too cold in my house for the mold to have fun- it has been out all week and still looks totally like grounds.

I'll post pictures later of the current situation. I spaced and left the clones uncovered too long yesterday and 3 of them are quite distressed. I'm thinking that room is too cold as well. Room is probably mid 60's-los 70's daytime, and cooler at night.

tasty i wouldnt say the tea (mass' recipe) has everything you need right off the bat. id use it as a building block to get the beasties in coco to colonize so you can add other nutes in there so the bacterias (EM's) can break down what you want your plant to eat. i hope you can make some scense outta this mottled explaination. google effective micro-organisms & this will help yuo understand what tea/buckets are trying to accomplish. read also on N-P-K values & when to use these values @ different stages of plants life. these buckets can be used full cycle but generally intended for flower. some of the ingredients i use are blood & bone meal, kelp meal, muriate of potash, azomite, dolomite, w.c., compost, bokashi, blackstrap, epsom salt, jamacia & peruvian bat guanos, sea bird guanos & others. i dont have specific quantities just an eyeball & a hand. i steep for 48 hrs & never store longer than 7 days & this is still aerated.

IMO never use buckets for growing that contained harsh chems. you wouldnt eat outta that bucket would you or store food in it? i believe that chems would be adsorbed then leeched back to your plants. tsc has black buckets for 4-5 bucks.

just bury cubes to top & call it good or depending on size of plant you might want to get those roots as close to the res as possible. really need those pics to help you out better.

as far as clones a constant 75 is what i find works for me. mid 60's @ night & mid 70's during day would be good for flower.

toke to ya later

tasty looking forward to your pics..please post some in here as we can help and others can learn from...I like to throw some moldy coffee grinds in the whole when i transplant...also if the grids start to dry on ya b4 molding try misting some mollases on the top :aok:..

Im gonna go against Docfish and say those laundry buckets are okay as long as ya clean out very well..I thaught same thing with my kitty liter..but was told to wash with bleach and rince well...I havent seen a problem..I use them for my soil grows as well...

teas are great but I use Fox farm nutes as well. okay gonna hit my bong now:ciao

gm21 welcome. you stumbled upon a great thread. mass doesnt frequent here much anymore, but everyone here is very helpful, so dont be afraid to ask away.

Do any of you know if GH 3 part works ok with this setup? I know mass said you need to be careful with certain nutes. Has anyone used GH 3 part only? Also, you don't need to put a valve in or anything, right... Just a hole 2-3" from the bottom? I'm getting ready to make a run with some cindy and I've been eying this setup for a while. I like the idea that it is so simple.

Thanks
HazeMe

Hazeme...welcome..:48:

IMO..the GH 13 is a hydro nute..and this system seems to be in the middle of soil and hydro...i use Teas and Fox farm nutes...if you layer the medium correctly you wont need much nutes..just my Thaughts..

ghost marine21....Welcome these are Awesome huh?:lama:

:ciao: Docfish...:48:

haze me if you wanted to go this route w/ 3 part id leave out the amendments & just do coco perlite layers as described. ppl do passive hydro w/ chems all the time.

4u whats up brutha? hows that red dragon cut doing? been looking @ barneys & that one is calling my name. just gotta scrape some funds together after the holidays. one last thing hows that nirvana cali-orange smoke, smell & did you get a pheno that lives up to its name?

Hello Doc..Happy Hollidays:48:

I have a rooted and growing clone of RD:yay: Placed the LST Dragon in flower on the 4th..you can watch he in my signature....And its deff..worth scrapping up the funds for:aok: My buddy said this Star gazer is a Huge produccer as well.. will e flowering some soon and crossing it:lama: okay gotta grow now:D

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

I have ran out of almost all mediums I had in the house and am currently out of cash for more of the stuff i'm familiar with and I have 2 seeds that may need a home. I do however have a block of Coco and alot of vermiculite. I just am unsure if this combination would work for this? Any tips or hints on what I might be able to do?

Thank you,
Warfish

I am very intereste in this meth... This is my first grow and i have to try as much as i can so i can find whats best but with the meth you can never over or under feed ... thanks for the info
kris

quick question for anyone with a good answer.
i have spent,but not moldy green tea leftovers.not cheap *** tea.it came rolled in ballls and is now after use,stringy and leafy.jasmine,smells beautiful.any help in top 2 layers of mass buckets?i would think that it would be benificial but want opinions from all of you.will be doing a whole mass bucket grow with pics.will take first pic 2nite .what is the easiest method for posting.imagebam or similiar?

warfish said:
I have ran out of almost all mediums I had in the house and am currently out of cash for more of the stuff i'm familiar with and I have 2 seeds that may need a home. I do however have a block of Coco and alot of vermiculite. I just am unsure if this combination would work for this? Any tips or hints on what I might be able to do?

Thank you,
Warfish

i would just use the coco and not add vermiculite.hope this helps.

massproducer said:
This is somewhat of a difficult question for me to answer because I have never grown with this method outside. One big thing is that you have to look at these buckets just like you would look at any type of hydro set up. What that means is maintenance. There is just no way around that. These buckets require more time then an average soil grown garden because they grow sooo dang fast. My plants drink close to a gallon of water everyday during flowering, and you can not let coco dry out like you can with soil or it will mess with the cation exchange.

You may be better suited to go with soil outside unless you can care for the plants everyday.

i don't see why this could not be incorporated into 55 gallon rubbermade trashcans outdoor?bottom level goes up 12 inches not 2-3 inches.maybe 8"etc along with mass' plan.we may need to double up on the trashcans though for support?

if you live somewhere where you can do this,pics would be wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back