Grow room wall covering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastritez

Reaction score
Getting ready for tomorrow when I shoul dbe able to pick up the materials I need to construct my flower room, basically plywood walls screwed to a wooden frame, with silicon sealer to ensure its air tight and the air only enters and leaves where I tell it to. I am looking at what to cover the inside with. I have a couple of options available to me.

Black and White poly, just stick it to the inside of the box, or paint. I've been told to use a flat matt white paint, ok not a problem, but I have noticed that some people have said they use a primer first, is this because of the location of the grow room (i.e. in a garage that might be a bit on the damp side) to keep mold and mildew out? my grow room will be in the bedroom, not noted for being damp (maybe the occasional damp patch on the bed if I am lucky:hubba::hubba:), is it still better to prime before painting? or can I just load the paint onto the sides? does adding primer help the light reflection in anyway? i know when painting the living room walls for the first time we used a primer which was just watered down paint to seal the wall first, would this work also?

I usually go with the black and white poly. Obviosly black side towards the wall.

i used the black pond liners from walmart to make my curtain. Taped mylar to the inside, worked like a champ until i got the poly, i have the white\black poly..

i lined the sides with velcro and just use that to secure the curtain

check out my stealth grow room thread.

I'm just put some flat white paint in my veg box, heat isn't an issue so I didn't go with a primer. Seems to be much brighter in thwr though.

Hit B&Q grab a large cheap tub of white emulsion, paint until your happy with the results......................:D

for sure a watered down coat will penetrate and seal the ply...............

but in such a small space and with £ of emulsion, I would just get on with it....:aok:

Kit or bathroom paint may be more suitable or long lasting when it comes to keeping that grow area clean.

Latest posts

Back