LEMON JUICE will it help remove chloramines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saycheese

Reaction score
i read that fruit and fruit juice can be put into water and the chloramines will be gone in 20mins.

this has gotta be a good thing.

would it still work if it was the last thing added to the nute mix ie lemon juice as ph down?

that would (possibly) make lemon juice the best ph down you can get for flowering phase cos i also read that vitC makes buds more solid

and the fruit sugars must be a carb boost

lemon lemon.

anyone got a good reason why lemon juice aint the best??

I use humic acid and fulmic acid to adjust ph. i like it better than lemon juice. apple cider vinegar works too. humic and fulvic do more than adjust ph, which is why I use it.

what if i use humic/fulvic as ph down all the way through

and the dose is denoted by the 'room' left in the ph

can you over use these acids?

quick response pls someone

this is what i need to know.

could it really be that simple that you could use humic/fulvic
as ph down?
i understand these acids speed metabolism.

the bottle of fulvic acid I have actually says to adjust ph.

sorry no answer on lemon juice, however visit a pet store and in the aquarium section they have dechlorinators that get chloramine (not chlorine). i'm sure you already know the difference, since your question, but yeah i dont think chloramine evaporates like chlorine does so either RO or get some of that stuff. like 1 drop per gallon.

damn. FULVIC should be recommended as a ph adjuster.
maybe i just havent read any newer published studies,
all the books, mags and web pages ive read.

not one of them recommends humic/fulvic straight as ph adjust
i would have thought that people in soil would ALL be using only fulvic/humic
if it were so good.

soddit.
im goin shopping.

silica, humic/fulvic, and some kinda foliar spray with kelp

i think i know the pro's but can anyone point out a reason why i cant ph EVERY SINGLE FEED AND WATER with this stuff

and if theres no way to cause harm ( apart from, obviously, over acidifying the medium)

just makin certain.

oh yeh, and is RO water the stuff collecting in my dehumidifiers reservoir?

also

specifically the article i read said a 'piece of citrus fruit, peeled' and suggested orange. it was not a weed article

maybe the orange 'eats' the chloramines and must be removed?

good old fashion battery acid.1/15 ratio with r/o water.it works perfect.advanced auto sells it,it's clear,pure,and dosen't hurt plants in hydro at all.43 days into flower only this acid mix as ph down. now,as usual, somebody will tell you it won't work.been through this before.
works in hydro don't know about dirt. don't think it'd be good for micro organisms in dirt,so probably not.$6.29 and mix.enough ph down for a year or two,maybe more.

yeah dont spill batt acid on anything. seems a lil harsh to me. not sayin it dont work, but you shouldnt have to wear rubber gloves & goggles to adjust ur pH. jmo

i just want to know if the metabolism enhancement benefits of fulvic can be had throughout the grow.

and if the varying amounts in the nute solution over time would hurt

(less fulvic needed to bring the ph down as nute dosage is increased, would this affect the plant ?)

i read it makes plants shorter on some site, and someone else sayin that fulvic ACID is actually alkaline. google failed me on this one

i think ill just buy it - - its only aboout a tenner and what it claims to do sounds perfect.

dank.bud76 said:
sorry no answer on lemon juice, however visit a pet store and in the aquarium section they have dechlorinators that get chloramine (not chlorine). i'm sure you already know the difference, since your question, but yeah i dont think chloramine evaporates like chlorine does so either RO or get some of that stuff. like 1 drop per gallon.

They sell the stuff at Walmart in the aquarium section as well. $3.98 for the small bottle and $6.58 for the bigger bottle. Its in a yellow bottle and advertised to make water safe for fish.

Latest posts

Back