Marijuana plants found growing in tree in Westport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Money might not grow on trees, but marijuana does.

At least it did, until police seized plants from a Holly tree in Westport Harbor earlier this month.

A River Road resident with a sharp eye called police July 15 after he noticed three burlap sacks dangling about 30 feet in the air from a tree. He told police he didn't know how the bags got there and he refused to touch them because he feared they contained "some sort of illegal material," police spokesman Detective Jeff Majewski said.

Two officers who arrived on scene spotted the bags instantly, but were at a loss to figure out what they contained, as the contents were hidden under the tree's branches and leaves. They used a thermal imager to determine that heat was coming off the bags, but even binoculars couldn't help them solve the mystery.

That's when the Highway Department was called in to give police a boost with a hydraulic lift bucket truck. After being hoisted into the tree, an officer realized the bags were stuffed with marijuana plants in different stages of growth.

The bags were packed with potting soil and tied together with a rope. The plants — the largest of which was 5 feet tall — were still growing, Majewski said, adding that the plants only have value as a drug when they produce buds.

Officers and residents alike were surprised by the find, and especially where they found it.

"In 20 years (in law enforcement), I haven't seen anything like that," Majewski said.

Police confiscated three plants from the tree and searched the neighborhood for more, but found nothing. Majewski said police were not able to determine who was responsible for the plants.

Word of the unusual find spread quickly through the Holly Trail area of the harbor, a summer hot spot that typically does not see much crime. When officers arrived on scene, six or seven neighbors were outside, glaring up at the tree in curiosity, Majewski said.

hxxp://shuurl.com/M6064

1.JPG

2.jpg

What a climed that would be to take care of plants..
Me Noway will I do that, it just to much work..

so he stumbled upon some hard to find bags up in a tree, and called the cops cause he thought there could be illegal material?
..man i hate rats. sounds like he knew about these and a falling out with the grower IMO

I had a friend who had a row of hedges that were about 10 ft high he hollowed out the middle and grew his plants in the middle of the hedges you could only see them from the top! It was an excellent spot!

Phatpharmer

adding that the plants only have value as a drug when they produce buds.
right THERE is the most shocking statement I've heard in awhile!..:eek:

Makes me wonder if someone put the males they had up there in the tree just to make the cops wonder ***!

Since the cops knew they weren't female bud producing plants. I just had a gut feeling about this being the case.

You can get really high on that sheit! And you get high twice! :D

You would think that a tree garden would be nearly fool-proof. I guess not. I'd be rather torqued, if some nosey neighbor spotted them and then made the effort to call the police. Oh well, at least the person who put them up there didn't get busted.

Just when I thought ide seen it all.....hmmmmmnn ? not a bad idea :hubba:

Latest posts

Back