Mold on wall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfriend

ganja farmer
Reaction score
I'm about to buildout a 10' x 10' room, but I've got brown/black spots of what I think is mold on a 2 foot section of the plywood wall which is preventing me from starting the grow. I realized it was a big problem after I painted over it and the mold is still on the surface. Not sure what the source is yet. Just sprayed it with concentrated bleach solution. Also see some mild water damage at the bottom of the wall about 4 ft across

I'm reluctant to start tearing out the wall because the affected area surrounds electrical outlets. I think the moisture causing the mold is also the reason 3 of 4 four outlets next to the mold dont work. Im having an electrician fix the outlet next week so they might just cut out the wall to do that work anyways. Does anyone have any other ideas for getting rid it it?

you're on the right track friend . . . cup of bleach in a gallon of water, spray it down good, then give it a good scrubbing with a brush, wipe and repeat til it looks clean, then spray again and allow it to dry

first you need to get that wall tore out to see what is causing the mold. If you have water damage showing their is water leaking from the water or sewer lines or water coming thru the foundation of your house. Either way you need to get it fixed before building a grow room in that area. that mold growing behind the walls can cause serious illnesses.

would burning sulpur in the room help any, or does that only work on plants?

Its possible but i would concentrate on the cause of the moisture first because it will just keep coming back.Alot of times the mold will dry up and die after the moisture dries up.You could probably remove the damage safely if you turn the power off but i wouldnt turn it back on until the electrician finishes.Faulty outlets can be dangerous.

After all necessary repairs are made and mold cleaned up, repaint with Kilz. It's a white primer. Helps prevent regrowth. Worked great in the bathroom for the ceiling. Going on four years.

Latest posts

Back