Lumens and flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
Every stain has its own flowering period that vary from strain to strain. Now say you have a plant that has a flowering period of 7-9 weeks and you get to the beginning of week 9 and your plant still is not close to being ready yet, say at least 3 weeks to go. Now you begin asking yourself WHY? does these flowering periods for each strain based on a specific watt/lumen light output? I have a 400 watt hydro farm ballast with a 400watt Hortilux High performance Enhanced Spectrum Super HPS bulb (has 17% more available energy than a standard HPS bulb). I have 2 master kush and 1 aurora indica and both have same 7-9 week flowering period and both will not be ready for a few more weeks and this is beginning of week 9. The aurora at the beginning of flowering grew so much faster then the kush but slowed down and kush is now further along than the aurora. Both plants are very healthy and buds are looking real nice but not where they should be and need to know why they are behind? I think I should be flowering with at least a 600 watt light rather a 400, anyone agree?

not ready? what do the trichs say? depends on when you like to harvest.

does these flowering periods for each strain based on a specific watt/lumen light output?

No, the flowering period stated by the breeders in their description is often miss leading a it will seems to always takes longer then what is stated.

Many things can cause a delay/lengthen the flowering period. One of them is to much N but not the amount of lumens.

The size of the grow room dictates what size light is needed.

:yeahthat:
Light leaks are another, ever get rid of your spider mites?
I only add another week or so to the breeder spec, 3 weeks seems like something is wrong.

Latest posts

Back